RepOne

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

OCG

Re: RepOne

Post by OCG » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 pm

gtl wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 am BTW, they offered a "trade in" credit for my Open Barbell 3.0 of $100. Instead of sending it back, I figured I'd offer it up here on Exodus if anyone was interested.

Fully functional with the only caveat that the tether broke awhile back, so there isn't as much string left. You're still good for 800mm ROM, but for squats at 6'1, I elevate the device onto a plyobox. Unfortunately, @SeanHerbison is disqualified from this offer (not that he needs it anyways with his fancy GymAware).
I'd certainly be interested in that.

adamv

Post by adamv » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm

I just got my Rep One unit today, ordered 17-18 weeks ago. Almost forgot I ordered it.

Probably some bad luck on timing, I knew that was a risk with this type of purchase. I'm a little skeptical of their 6 weeks claims though. Looking forward to trying it out.

gtl

Post by gtl » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:33 pm

adamv wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 pm I just got my Rep One unit today, ordered 17-18 weeks ago. Almost forgot I ordered it.

Probably some bad luck on timing, I knew that was a risk with this type of purchase. I'm a little skeptical of their 6 weeks claims though. Looking forward to trying it out.
Damn. Thats not what I wanted to hear lol.

SeanHerbison
Zercher Pro

Post by SeanHerbison » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:55 pm

gtl wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 am... there isn't as much string left. You're still good for 800mm ROM, but for squats at 6'1, I elevate the device onto a plyobox. Unfortunately, @SeanHerbison is disqualified from this offer
... That's fair.

gtl

Post by gtl » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm

Just got an update. Delayed til mid-March
Unfortunately, parts manufacturers in China have become more backed up following Chinese New Year than they anticipated given the ongoing lockdowns, which has added additional turnaround time to this batch.
Puts it at about 10 weeks. I suppose I probably knew this was a possibility.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm

gtl wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:07 pm Just got an update. Delayed til mid-March
Unfortunately, parts manufacturers in China have become more backed up following Chinese New Year than they anticipated given the ongoing lockdowns, which has added additional turnaround time to this batch.
You get yours?

gtl

Post by gtl » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Hanley wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm
You get yours?
Delayed again..

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:42 pm

gtl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:14 pm
Hanley wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm
You get yours?
Delayed again..
Oy. That sucks.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:53 am

Coincidentally, got an email right after you replied.
Good news! Your RepOne hardware is coming very soon. The units are 80% assembled already, we have received the final remaining parts, and we expect to finish and ship out this batch in about one week. You'll get an email notification with a tracking code as soon as they are packed and handed off to the shipper. Keep an eye out, we're looking forward to getting your RepOne hardware out to you!

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 am

gtl wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:53 am Coincidentally, got an email right after you replied.
Good news! Your RepOne hardware is coming very soon. The units are 80% assembled already, we have received the final remaining parts, and we expect to finish and ship out this batch in about one week. You'll get an email notification with a tracking code as soon as they are packed and handed off to the shipper. Keep an eye out, we're looking forward to getting your RepOne hardware out to you!
Very cool.

Also, I asked about peak force metrics.... supposedly coming in a not-too-distant future software release. That'll be fantastic.

That'll be much easier/intuitive to program than mean or peak velocity.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm

Hanley wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 am
gtl wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:53 am Coincidentally, got an email right after you replied.
Very cool.

Also, I asked about peak force metrics.... supposedly coming in a not-too-distant future software release. That'll be fantastic.

Interesting, haven't thought about force, as this would be an indirect measure but should be related directly to acceleration. Why force over peak velocity (and for what lifts in particular)? I'm still pretty convinced that peak velocity is the important thing for Olympic lifts, but that is with very little knowledge of Things.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 pm

damufunman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm
Very cool.

Interesting, haven't thought about force, as this would be an indirect measure but should be related directly to acceleration. Why force over peak velocity (and for what lifts in particular)? I'm still pretty convinced that peak velocity is the important thing for Olympic lifts, but that is with very little knowledge of Things.
Yeah, should just be [mass(gravity + acceleration)].

I like peak force because I can instantly relate it to peak force @1RMish load. And it's literally - if transiently - what I'm feeling (hand-wave, adapting to).

Acceleration is 2 derivations from positional data....but I really, really think acceleration is more intuitive.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Hanley wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 pm
damufunman wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:07 pm
Very cool.

Yeah, should just be [mass(gravity + acceleration)].

I like peak force because I can instantly relate it to peak force @1RMish load. And it's literally - if transiently - what I'm feeling (hand-wave, adapting to).

Acceleration is 2 derivations from positional data....but I really, really think acceleration is more intuitive.
What's the rationale for peak force @1RM load? Can you go from peak force to max load reliably?

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 pm

damufunman wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:59 pm What's the rationale for peak force @1RM load? Can you go from peak force to max load reliably?
At 1RM, peak force will pretty much be whatever's on the bar.

I should have said 'when using submax intensities, it's really easy to scale peak-force of reps to 1RM load'.

#

In practice...trying to figure out what intensity ranges meaningfully transfer to 1RM is tricky. Like...I'm pretty explosive and 65% (15ishRM) tranfers really well to 1RM for me (and I suspect someone like @SeanHerbison). But I've tried that loading zone with other people and it didn't do shit for 1RM. Simply looking at mean or peak bar speeds doesn't really tell me much...but if I looked at peak force, I think I'd see the correlation to transfer to 1RM (and I suspect that threshold-intensity of transfer to 1RM varies tremendously across lifters).

^ once I get the RepOne here I'll post a bunch of my data. I realize I'm not being all that clear.

gtl

Post by gtl » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Finally got a shipping notification.. hopefully it goes out soon!

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:04 pm

gtl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:42 pm Finally got a shipping notification.. hopefully it goes out soon!
Sweet! Please tell me how crappy it is so I don't have to buy one! :lol:

gtl

Post by gtl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 am

It finally came!

15 weeks later...

@damufunman I noticed that I can't toggle reps with buttons - only by tilting.. am I doing something wrong?

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 am

gtl wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 am It finally came!

15 weeks later...

@damufunman I noticed that I can't toggle reps with buttons - only by tilting.. am I doing something wrong?
I think they are not touch capable. Just tilty to go through reps. I use the app for the most part, unless there's a disconnect, then I need to use the unit to get speeds. Rather annoying, actually...

gtl

Post by gtl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:28 am

damufunman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 am

15 weeks later...

I think they are not touch capable. Just tilty to go through reps. I use the app for the most part, unless there's a disconnect, then I need to use the unit to get speeds. Rather annoying, actually...
Hmm.. not sure I like that. I'll use the app 95% of the time, but sometimes the OBB didn't always send the reps to my phone.

Couldn't update the firmware from my Samsung S10, either. Was told I would need to try to find a different device to use.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:29 am

damufunman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 am

15 weeks later...

I think they are not touch capable.
From the email that came with my shipping notification:
RepOne wrote:We have some awesome firmware functionality coming your way soon via over the air firmware updates. Some of it is pretty simple like basic button functionality to navigate reps on the RepOne Sensor screen. Other features RepOne features like our 3D metrics will be coming soon