The Gaming Thread

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by aurelius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 am

DirtyRed wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 amAnd here's DR summarizing what's wrong with Destiny 2 in two sentences: It's the result of a confluence of the worst part of shooters these days, MMOs these days, Triple A games these days, and free-mium games. It's a staggeringly shallow number grind with pay-to-win microtransaction bullshit in a $60 game that leads 9001 functionally identical Chosen Ones (Chosen/Anointed/Prophesized/Only ones being played out tripe in general, and universally fucking dogshit in MMOs) around by the nose while trying to keep them mesmerized with slightly higher numbers even though pretty all guns are the same point and shoot bore as every other gun.
I will save everyone from reading the word diarrhea above, "I'm DR. I have not played and do not play Destiny 1 or 2. I do not like the concept. Which would be okay if I just didn't buy and play the game. But because I'm walking human excrement, I will spend my free time watching internet videos about Destingy made by other haters then make posts to an online weightlifting forum about how much I hate Destiny."

Didn't watch the videos. But if this summary is any indication, the videos are complete garbage and just made by Destiny haters who only played the campaign.

The bolded is a lie. There are micro transactions. But you can only buy aesthetic shaders and non-game performance items. No guns. No armor. No paying to level up.

Destiny is similar to a Diablo III type loot game in structure. In fact, Bungie talked to Blizzard about Diablo III when they made Destiny 1 so...not an MMO-lite. The MMO elements come in the end game with raids. Forming fire teams to take on puzzles and end game bosses. Ever play a Diablo game? The plot is ridiculous as well as the dialogue. I think I see a general them regarding story and dialogue in these games...

The campaign is like the first 10 (or less) hours of a game I imagine the average user will put 250+ hours into. The game isn't for casuals, people that don't like shooters, people that don't like loot games. And many people play Destiny for the PvP component only. It's that good and on par with the best shooters. Which also have terrible first player campaigns that take like 5 or less hours to complete. But people still play those games 200+ hours.

I think DR just sucks at shooters or any game that requires precised eye hand coordination. But look, play Destiny don't...it is a popular game with a large enough core following that there will be a Destiny 3. So fucking who cares what the DR's of the world do with their gaming time?
Last edited by aurelius on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am

Speaking of poor coordination, aren't you a Mercy main? What do you think of the changes? Any difference playing with a controller since you have to be more active?

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 am

hsilman wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am Speaking of poor coordination, aren't you a Mercy main? What do you think of the changes? Any difference playing with a controller since you have to be more active?
You talking to me? I could never get into Overwatch for whatever reason.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:08 am

aurelius wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 am
hsilman wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am Speaking of poor coordination, aren't you a Mercy main? What do you think of the changes? Any difference playing with a controller since you have to be more active?
You talking to me? I could never get into Overwatch for whatever reason.
Woops misread the username

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 am

I had to swap jump to left trigger, for the float during the ult. Res is "A" now. I've only played two rounds with Nu-Mercy, both in Mystery Hero, so not enough time to get used to the control swap. I got ult once, and revived two people, then died. I've barely been squeeking out the Team DM Arcade wins with Torb & Symmetra the last two or three weeks, my wife even commented "you haven't been playing many video games recently!" a few days ago. With the sister-in-law around these days we have been watching Parks & Rec because she's never seen it, so between that, still trying to get training in, the kid needing a nightly bath because of the helmet, and for some reason hand washing bottles and stuff which takes about half an hour a day, I basically get no computer time.

And I'm not going to play Mercy in TDM, the res removing kills makes her super broken in that mode and I hate it.

Anybody get Battlefront 2(2)? I kind of want it, but
A)$60,
2)no time to play anyways,
C)Battlefront 1(2) was terrible,
*)not sure my compy can handle it, and
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ )Clone Wars?!?

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:26 am

Warning: tl;dr ahead, skip to bottom for summary
aurelius wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 am
DirtyRed wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 amAnd here's DR summarizing what's wrong with Destiny 2 in two sentences: It's the result of a confluence of the worst part of shooters these days, MMOs these days, Triple A games these days, and free-mium games. It's a staggeringly shallow number grind with pay-to-win microtransaction bullshit in a $60 game that leads 9001 functionally identical Chosen Ones (Chosen/Anointed/Prophesized/Only ones being played out tripe in general, and universally fucking dogshit in MMOs) around by the nose while trying to keep them mesmerized with slightly higher numbers even though pretty all guns are the same point and shoot bore as every other gun.
I will save everyone from reading the word diarrhea above, "I'm DR. I have not played and do not play Destiny 1 or 2. I do not like the concept. Which would be okay if I just didn't buy and play the game. But because I'm walking human excrement, I will spend my free time watching internet videos about Destingy made by other haters then make posts to an online weightlifting forum about how much I hate Destiny."

Didn't watch the videos. But if this summary is any indication, the videos are complete garbage and just made by Destiny haters who only played the campaign.

The bolded is a lie. There are micro transactions. But you can only buy aesthetic shaders and non-game performance items. No guns. No armor. No paying to level up.
This is bullshit. You can pay money to buy Bright Engrams that contain armor and vehicles. Vehicles being something that are apparently otherwise only obtained through low odds RNG bullshit, and would have been SUPER HELPFUL in traversing the mostly empty bullshit maps to get to the public events you're best served mindlessly grinding for a higher number in order to further mindlessly the grind the same fucking shit ad nauseum.
Destiny is similar to a Diablo III type loot game in structure. In fact, Bungie talked to Blizzard about Diablo III when they made Destiny 1 so...not an MMO-lite.
What the fuck does your irrelevant premiss have to do with your objectively wrong conclusion? Everywhere I went in Destiny 2, there were other dudes that looked exactly like me shooting the same guns at the same enemies. There were a bunch of other dudes just standing around the little hub area with the same blank expression and general feeling of aimless depression over what a quarter inch deep turd the game is on their faces. I call it an MMO-lite because it lacks the sort of crafting, related economy, and meaningful character progression of a more proper MMO. But if it isn't an MMO-lite, it's just a fucking MMO. There are a massive amount of multiple players running around online.

You fucking dickcheese.
The MMO elements come in the end game with raids. Forming fire teams to take on puzzles and end game bosses. Ever play a Diablo game? The plot is ridiculous as well as the dialogue. I think I see a general them regarding story and dialogue in these games...
Just because every other game is shit doesn't mean that the next shit game isn't shit. It is possible to have a campaign/story in an MMO that isn't dogshit. Several FFXI expansions and lots of ESO proved that, among others I'm sure. It's not STRICTLY necessary. Elite Dangerous is technically Massively Multiplayer AND Online, and there's only the slim vestiges of a structured story played out through GalNet news bulletins, and the progression is based on the player doing the stuff he likes to get credits to buy meaningful upgrades in the form of better ships, better guns, better engines, etc, that all have drastic effect on gameplay.

But it's still HUGELY helpful to HAVE a good story as either a reason to care about doing the PvE (like ESO) or as incentive to play the PvE to progress enough as a character to be able to progress in the story (FFXI).
The campaign is like the first 10 (or less) hours of a game I imagine the average user will put 250+ hours into. The game isn't for casuals, people that don't like shooters, people that don't like loot games.

This game is the sort of shallow, easily accessible tripe that is designed specifically for casuals, you fucking mark.

You put a targeting reticle over a enemy's head, you pull RT, stuff falls out, you level up, you repeat until the empty void where a mother's love should be is filled. This is the sort of shit that Canadian devil from South Park would design.

Furthermore, I loved Borderlands 2. I never shut up about how much fun that game was. It was a loot'n'shoot co-op multiplayer. I was excited for Destiny 2 because I kept hearing about how it was a lot like Borderlands. But see, I'm smart enough to realize that 95% of games that get advertised on basic cable are crap, so I rented Destiny 2 for five nights, hoping to have a lot of fun and buy the game (which is how I got ESO). Three days later, I had completely lost any hope in this game. I can't even call it a dumpster fire or train wreck. There's SOME entertainment value in something that bad. This game is just a completely unsatisfying, uninteresting bore in every fucking facet. It's Borderlands on Opposite Day. It's Borderlands if you went through an meticulously removed any semblance of joy to be found.
And many people play Destiny for the PvP component only. It's that good and on par with the best shooters. Which also have terrible first player campaigns that take like 5 or less hours to complete. But people still play those games 200+ hours.
I can't ever remember playing a shooter with a campaign as fucking tedious and devoid of any merit as Destiny 2. This includes every Halo up to Halo 4, Borderlands games, the entire Modern Warfare trilogy, Blops 1 and 2, and CoD World at War.

And the fact that vapid dipshits like yourself pay money for these games is what I'm complaining about in the first place. I can't blame the developers for continuing to fart out uninspired smegma and call it a game when you insults to the word "people" keep fucking buying them in droves. Have some goddamn standards and a bare minimum level of self respect required to stop this shit.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:26 am

I need to specifically point out that character progression in Destiny is fucking horrible. And considering the campaign is fucking horrible, I don't know what other reason someone could possibly have for playing this game. EVERY GAME I can ever remember enjoying had either an impactful, satisfying progression mechanic of some kind, or a good story/campaign that kept me invested in the characters and the things happening to and around them to distract from having been doing the same goddamn thing since level 1, or both.

Character progression/build needs to mean something in the game. In Borderlands games, you hit level 3 and you get your Action Skill. The Action Skills are generally hugely distinct abilities that can be used frequently enough that you don't forget they exist, and they change the nature of firefights and how you play the game. And then you can keep investing further levels into leafs on skill trees, some of which give some really game changing bonuses. Like Gaige and her Anarchy stacks, or her ability to restore shield on a kill at the expense of her HP, turning her into a tremendously fun glass cannon.

In FFXI, even though in the Golden Age, progression was slower than continental drift and I could cure cancer and then develop a cure resistant form of cancer in the time it took to get into an exp party, progression in a class continuously improved your character in that class in meaningful ways. Maybe you start as MNK, don't even get a weapon like the other starter classes do, and tear ass into West Sarutabaruta (<-Actual zone name, LCD was surely involved) to punch rabbits with auto-attacks until you rule the world. As you do, you notice notices in the chat log saying that your Hand-to-Hand (the combat skill used in bare fist attacks and with hand-to-hand weapons) is increasing. Once it hits level 10, you learn the Weapon Skill, "Combo." Now, once 100 TP is accumulated, you can unleash a three strike attack that is very powerful for the early game. Now maybe you can stop killing rabbits and fight something a bit less embarrassing. Now you can get a buddy and do Skill Chains with his WSes. And then you level Warrior to level ten and learn Provoke, now you can tank in parties to really roll in the exp. Then you unlock subjobs, which allow you to level other jobs and use some of their abilities while main jobbing other jobs. NOW you can get MNK to 30, sub WAR, and get Berserk to really pour on the damage 60% of the time. Then you get to max level, but not the end of the progression. You can exp up Merit Points, which can be invested in combat skills, physical attributes, or even class specific abilities and traits. Now your Samurai can merit up Store TP enough to get a native six hit build, so no more having to stack Store TP gear to get to Weapon Skills one swing sooner. OR you could stack ALL the Store TP gear and get a five hit build. You never stopped getting better in really noticeable ways.

In Mass Effect, you start out as frankly embarrassingly incompetent for the top of the human special forces. You can't even hold your fucking rifle steady to start with, and any powers your class might have land with about as much impact on enemies as tickling a grizzly bear with a feather duster. As you level up you get points to load into your ability to distinguish which end of the rifle the bullets come out of, you beef up the area of effect, potency, and possibly secondary effects of your powers, and by the time you hit Virmire you can snipe a Krogan's upper left testicle at 800 yards and shut down an entire platoon of Geth with a single Damping.

In Destiny 2, when you level up, you get points to invest into skill trees that don't really accomplish jack shit. Congratulations! You unlocked another grenade. And when I say "another grenade," I don't mean more grenade capacity, I mean another type of grenade you can switch to by opening the menu, that is on the same half a fucking day long timer that the OTHER shitty grenade was on. Yay! Now to unlock the other subclass with a turbo ability that isn't remarkably unique or effective, and is on a cooldown longer than a Presidential term!

But way, you say, you progress primarily through getting better guns. Sure. I can go grind up a new pulse rifle that is exactly the same as the last 20 pulse rifles I had, but with a SLIGHTLY higher number than my current one, which will make farming my NEXT pulse rifle that is functionally identical a little bit faster. Or I could get any one of dozens of essentially the same goddamn SMG, pistol, or assault rifle! Don't forget the special Heavy Weapons, that super cool shit like basic fucking shotguns or sniper rifles. Hope you enjoy the incredibly limited ammo!

Sure, Borderlands had a VERY similar pistol/SMG/shotgun/sniper rifle/assault rifle scheme, but even within those classes of weapons, at ALL LEVELS, there were varying gimmicks. Every Vladof weapon, even pistols and sniper rifles, have huge magazines and full auto fire. Every Jakobs weapon, even assault rifles, was semi-auto with small magazines, high damage, and never any elemental effects. Every Maliwan weapon had elemental effects, which might be greatly enhanced by particular characters. Every Torgue weapon fires fucking explosives. I can also throw more than one grenade every epoch. Even before getting into the Legendary weapons with potentially bonkers gimmicks (that might frankly ruin the balance of an actual MMO), I have a huge potential of options on how to do fun stuff to bad people, which is completely lacking in Destiny 2.

Even in FFXI, I could get weapons with distinct gimmicks beyond Higher Number. So that even though I'm just fucking auto attacking, stuff plays differently. I can get a scythe that critically hits every 13th swing (if that swing connects, anyway). I can get a great katana that "occasionally attacks 2-3 times" with a low damage rating, that effectively doubles my TP gain but halves great katana weapon skill damage, and PAIR it with Ranger as a subjob and a high damage longbow, and use it to fuel TP for full power Archery weapon skills.

I can't have any fun like that in Destiny. At all levels, the name of the game is Shoot the Things. All classes play essentially the same. They Shoot the Things. To the point that classes and character progression are entirely vestigial.
aurelius wrote:I could never get into Overwatch for whatever reason.
This is how I know you have objectively bad taste. While it had the unmitigated balls to charge full price for two multiplayer modes, Overwatch STILL HAD CHARACTERS I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT. They have a fucking medic that is so upset by death she charges into a warzone to revive the recently killed. That's immediately 100% more character than anyone in Destiny, except MAYBE that poncho girl that found you in the mountains (shows what an impression she left on me that I can't remember her fucking name), ever got. And EVERY character has distinctly unique gimmicks in how they play.

In fact, what pissed me off so much about Overwatch was not that it was shit, like Destiny is, but that it wasted excellent gameplay, a great look, and at least a handful of really cool characters on a puddle-depth multiplayer only game. If they had a campaign or co-op campaign mode, even if the premise and storytelling was as garbage as Destiny 2's, I would have bought the shit out of it and had a ball tear assing through story missions as Tracer or Not!Ghostrider.

tl:dr The things you like are bad and you are a bad person, and endlessly grinding a completely soulless task to watch some generic number slowly crawl up is why I have a job. I expect better out of video games I pay sixty fucking dollars for, especially when goddamn Starbound, for $15, is more engaging, diverse, and satisfying.
Last edited by DirtyRed on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 am

Hey guys...it's like DR didn't actually play the game that much and is just regurgitating shit he researched on the internet. It's kind of sad you have spent so much time and effort researching a game you don't like versus just not playing it. I feel sorry for you. Are things okay at home?

Again, EVERYONE gets a vehicle when they beat the campaign. EVERYONE has to hoof it on foot during the entire campaign. The armor you get for bright engrams comes in at light level 10. You finish the campaign at light level 205...so not pay to win. But hey, you didn't play the game past a couple of hours. Are not going to play the game. So be true to you conservative roots. And keep spreading misinformation and lies.

You want a story your mook? Go read your gay romance novels.

In summary, it seems you need a game with a story so you can live out your fantasy of being important. That's kind of sad. You don't like Destiny 2. Okay. Don't play it. Let the market decide.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 am

Also, DR has gotten this thread blocked by my work filter.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:17 pm

DR is literally brain damaged. His rant is so full of blatant lies that it reads like a caricature of what a shitty game review would be written like.

Destiny 2 is awesome, DR is fake news.

Kregna

Post by Kregna » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm

5 pages and no one's brought up PUBG????????????

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Kregna wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm 5 pages and no one's brought up PUBG????????????
You play? I have 50+ hours but have been focusing on overwatch. Add me to your friends list,I'm down for duos.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Cody wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:17 pm DR is fake news.
Let's all take a moment to appreciate DR's new title.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 am

That's kind of funny and all, but a negative(ly viewed phrase, generally) title for not liking something a mod likes isn't the best pattern to establish? I mean, I might have to "foe" him just to keep my work firewall from reporting me for adult content, but still.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Re:

Post by Cody » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Allentown wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 am That's kind of funny and all, but a negative(ly viewed phrase, generally) title for not liking something a mod likes isn't the best pattern to establish? I mean, I might have to "foe" him just to keep my work firewall from reporting me for adult content, but still.
His rant was factually incorrect about a lot of things, which Aurelius addressed. DR performed his extremely long winded and literally incorrect rant in a condescending manner and with the intent to spread this exaggerated and false information, and not at all in a satirical way.

Don't misunderstand, I think DR's rants are a valuable contribution to shitposting. He brings a unique perspective and writing style that is engaging and encourages banter. But he's still (often) full of shit. Considering 80% of his posts are in shitposting, I find the title both hilarious and apt. Remember that the crowd voted: shitposting isn't a safe space.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Friend bought me Cuphead for my birthday.

Wish he just gave me steam credit instead, honestly. This whole "hard for the sake of it" shit is cancer imo.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:53 pm

aurelius wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 am Hey guys...it's like DR didn't actually play the game that much and is just regurgitating shit he researched on the internet.
How many fucking hours of shit do I need to suffer through before I am allowed to consider the game to be shit? I was probably 15 hours in, more than halfway to 20, about halfway through the campaign, and had unlocked a subclass. 80% of what I said was based on my own fucking miserable experience in this waste of software. The other 20% is taken from a video I happened to stumble on from a guy that had played 60 DAYS of Destiny 1, and 36 hours of Destiny 2. I had already decided the game was kind of uninspired, played out crap before I learned you could pay money for Bright Engrams.
In summary, it seems you need a game with a story so you can live out your fantasy of being important.
lrn2read, I previously explicitly said that Elite Dangerous has hardly any story at all, but is infinitely better because progression feels important and doing stuff is fun. Starbound's story is "Evil Monster attacked, maybe do something about it if you can find the time between farming Occumelons and building yourself a turbo mansion," and was super fun.
You don't like Destiny 2. Okay. Don't play it. Let the market decide.
You really don't need to keep proving that you don't understand how markets work, or even what they are, or anything beyond Karl Marx's Das Kapital for Third Graders. I am part of the market. Word of mouth is part of the market. Me telling other people that a product is crap and to not waste money on it is part of the market.

You two Lowest Common Denominator sperm burpers already spent your money on a "game" that's really just pointless dancing lights and sounds along with a hollow reward. And that's enough for you, because you have the mental capacity of a toddler fascinated by jingling keys. But I managed to convince Hsilman to spend his Leftybux elsewhere.

DR: 1
Market for this shit: -1
Cody wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Allentown wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 am That's kind of funny and all, but a negative(ly viewed phrase, generally) title for not liking something a mod likes isn't the best pattern to establish? I mean, I might have to "foe" him just to keep my work firewall from reporting me for adult content, but still.
His rant was factually incorrect about a lot of things,
Name three.
DR performed his extremely long winded and literally incorrect rant
Was the part about your Uberpower and even SIMPLE FUCKING GRENADES (I don't even know why I use the plural, you get one grenade on a cooldown timer) being on timers so goddamn long they ruin any fun of them incorrect? Or the part about how both of those things are FAR too weak and milquetoast to justify only being able to use them every fifth firefight? Was the part about level up points generally making no significant difference incorrect? How about the point of pretty much every gun being functionally identical to other guns in that class, just with a higher Item Level (Item Score, Power Level, Light Amount, whatever the fuck a game calls it, it's fucking cancer to hypersimplify things for people too stupid to figure things out themselves)?

All of this was entirely correct. I put a skill point into a more steerable double jump, and it made ZERO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. And naturally there was no way to refund skill points, but I bet they'll add in a feature where you can do so for $5. Not that it made any difference, the spiffy grenade was a waste too, and was still on a Forever cooldown. Whatever I spend points on, it won't matter. One wonders why they even bothered with these shitty "skill trees" when they weren't going to make them relevant. Except because that's what infinitely better shoot'n'looters do, apparently.

The Turbo Powers are crap too. The first I had was an arc staff, which made me entirely melee for the duration, and didn't even have the decency to give me some damage resistance, or a heal on kill, or anything. So I'm charging headlong into rifle fire with a blunt object like General Fucking Pickett. And the skill point I spent to make melee kills extend it's duration MAY have extended it by all of a full second on at least 8 kills. in a condescending manner and with the intent to spread this exaggerated and false information, and not at all in a satirical way. The second was the Gunslinger one, which gave me a time limit to shoot three really strong shots. Not terribly handy when facing 20 mooks. Also remarkably not handy when dealing with some tank in a public event. It was about as effective as shooting a rhino with a nerf gun.

I found dozens of pulse rifles. All of which had pretty good accuracy and range and fired in three shot bursts. That is an 100% "success" rate of getting the same fucking gun. BUT HAY, maybe you can get whatever an energy weapon was poorly explained as being, with some element that hardly does a fucking thing, and otherwise behaves EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER PULSE RIFLE. You know what I got at level 6 of 50 (originally 50) in Borderlands 2? A gun that lights things it shoots on fire. You know what I got at level 10 of 20 in Destiny 2? The same fucking gun I had gotten the last 9 goddamn levels.
Don't misunderstand, I think DR's rants are a valuable contribution to shitposting. He brings a unique perspective and writing style that is engaging and encourages banter. But he's still (often) full of shit. Considering 80% of his posts are in shitposting, I find the title both hilarious and apt. Remember that the crowd voted: shitposting isn't a safe space.
I think AT is complaining less that you might have hurt DR's feelings and more than you're acting like a 16 year old girl throwing a tantrum because someone told her that her "musical" act du jour is bad and she should feel bad.

Honestly, I think there could be a better/funnier insulting title. Though one doesn't occur to me at the moment.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 am

Alright, DR, let's address the non-stop spewing of vomit that you've turned the last half of this thread into.

First, you're absolute shit at games if you've played 15 fucking hours and you're only half way through the campaign and to level cap. It doesn't even take 15 hours to beat the game and reach cap. You're a shit gamer, and all your opinions are wrong because the campaign is just a tutorial for the actual game, which is the "end game".

Lets address the first and most egregious falsity that you've uttered about Destiny 2. You call it "microtransaction pay to win" and specifically cite vehicles and armor. Everyone gets a free vehicle at the end of the campaign, then you can buy as many more as you want for extremely low amounts of in-game currency. That's not pay-to-win you idiot. Second, the armor that drops from the bright engrams drops at level 10... Literally the same power you start the campaign at (from the farm, you have level 100 at the intro). It's literally the weakest armor in the game. It's purely cosmetic. Again, not pay to win. That's two, you fuck.

You say there's no crafting in the game. Not at your level. Mods are crafted end game. Cosmetic crafting is dropping in next patch. Three.

You say you can't have two grenades. Titans can have two grenades. Four.

You say all weapons within a class are identical. Not true... But again, you're not even through the campaign yet. The weapon variety is huge within each class... At level 20. Rare, legendary, and exotic weapons have unique weapon perks. Legendary and exotics let you select between different peeks in certain slots, so you could have a single pulse rifle with 5 or 6 different configurations. Further, every exotic is a 100% unique weapon. Five.

You bitch that the skill trees don't do anything and bitch about skill points, and complain classes are functionally identical. You weren't even a high enough level to put points into the right side of the skill tree, where the actual trees start. Those skill trees have a fucking huge impact on gameplay. For instance, you can unlock the lower tree on a void Warlock, it lets you consume a grenade to go to full health and trigger devour. Or if you use your melee it refills your health and triggers devour. When devour is active, every kill you make refills your health and resets the timer on devour so you can do it again. No other class can do anything like that, and every class has trees as unique as that. But you wouldn't know because you didn't even make it through the campaign and you're shit at games in general. Six and seven. You get enough points to unlock every tree on every subclass, no need for point refunds or speculating that they would charge you for a point reallocation (#fakenews). Eight.

There you go. A grand total of eight factually incorrect or intentionally misleading grievances you've made in this thread about Destiny 2. Your comments are fueled by your ignorance. You haven't even made it through the campaign or to the level cap, which is when the game really "starts", yet you run your pie hole as though you're dropping pearls of wisdom.

You remind me of Rip complaining about RPE or telling elite athletes and coaches of actual athletes that what they're doing is wrong, and doing so with a tone of righteous self fellatio.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:54 am

Cody wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 am Alright, DR, let's address the non-stop spewing of vomit that you've turned the last half of this thread into.

First, you're absolute shit at games if you've played 15 fucking hours and you're only half way through the campaign and to level cap.
Weren't you the unspeakable faggot that gave up on The Witcher 3 after 4 hours?

Regardless, I wasn't aware this was a speed run. I was dropped off in the European Dead Zone and thought, "Gee, it's time to have some fun!" So I met the character-less token receptacle who was apparently British because he wouldn't shut up about tea. Some token I had picked up said it could be turned in with him, and it filled up a little bar and there was something about turning in enough of these tokens at a faction for swag gear and the like. So I ran around farming those up for a little while, until I had filled up the bar, and learned that the Swag L00tz Engram couldn't be obtained until level 20. So there was an hour or two utterly wasted to wretched game design.

THEN I figured I'd tear ass around this big ass map they gave me and check out these hidden treasures or whatever. What I found was a hallway with generic enemies that I shot in the face that ended with a generic enemy with an orange health bar that I shot in the face a whole bunch of times and a chest with mediocre loot. I then went to ANOTHER one and had the exact same experience. So that was more time lost trying to actually play the game, the damn fool that I am.

Then I did some story missions and got to that water moon, then I did another mission, realized that all this was going to be was having the equivalent of a cardboard stand up tell you to go somewhere and shoot generic enemies, got leveled enough to unlock that first extra subclass quest, spent some time farming public events to further that, got to the final stage, did the final leg of the quest, unlocked the subclass, and was immediately underwhelmed by how little difference it fucking made.

I guess my mistake was trying to find something that was FUN about a game that is entirely shooting the same shit enemies with the same tedious weapons for hours on end.
You're a shit gamer, and all your opinions are wrong because the campaign is just a tutorial for the actual game, which is the "end game".
The only games I've ever heard you mention in these threads are generic twitch shooters like CoD, The Division, Destiny, etc. Your dumbass myopia and utter lack of experience is why you don't know any better.

Futhermore, WHY THE FUCK HAVE A TEDIOUS CAMPAIGN if the "actual game" is just grinding light at level 20 until your head spins? Seriously. They could have saved everyone a lot of tedium and maybe done better with everything else if they skipped straight to the "meat," rather than waste several hours with the most half-assed, un-engaging campaign I have ever played.
Lets address the first and most egregious falsity that you've uttered about Destiny 2. You call it "microtransaction pay to win" and specifically cite vehicles and armor. Everyone gets a free vehicle at the end of the campaign, then you can buy as many more as you want for extremely low amounts of in-game currency. That's not pay-to-win you idiot. Second, the armor that drops from the bright engrams drops at level 10... Literally the same power you start the campaign at (from the farm, you have level 100 at the intro). It's literally the weakest armor in the game. It's purely cosmetic. Again, not pay to win. That's two, you fuck.
1.) That would be only 1 thing, you fuck.
2.) The ability to dress up and look fly is otherwise a reward that must be worked towards. You have to achieve it. Leaving aside the growing trend of playing dress up being substituted for actual gameplay, that makes paying for it paying to win.
You say there's no crafting in the game. Not at your level. Mods are crafted end game. Cosmetic crafting is dropping in next patch. Three.
We're still at zero. "Crafting" in Destiny 2 is giving some parts to an NPC for her to spit out a RANDOM weapon mod. That isn't crafting. That is recycling and a lottery. For it to actually be CRAFTING, you'd be required to gather specific materials to obtain a targeted, often entirely specific outcome. Like in ESO, I get enough rubedite together, maybe get some precious stone to add the corresponding trait (provided I've researched it), and select Rubedite Dagger, and poof, out comes a Rubedite Dagger. Or in FFXI I get three bunches of Yagudo Grapes and a Dark Crystal, hit the command, and poof, I maybe get Yagudo Drink out of it but I really probably just blew grapes all over my face. Or in FFXIV, when I get a bunch of specific items necessary for a recipe together, select the desired finished result from the crafting log, and then play some weirdly nuanced mini-game to craft and maybe make a High Quality version of the item selected based on how well I did. Or in Minecraft, where I get some stone and wood and arrange it in a particular order and get the stone pickaxe I wanted.

Just because they call it something doesn't mean that it is that thing, you pitiful mark. Giving three bits to an NPC to fart out a completely ass-random Bit of a higher tier isn't crafting, it's that coin operated Trophy dispenser from Super Smash Bros Melee.
You say you can't have two grenades. Titans can have two grenades. Four.
Zero. The majority of players aren't playing Titan, and are stuck with one grenade on a forever timer. Which means the general "you" comment defensible. Furthermore, having TWO grenades on a forever timer doesn't invalidate the spirit of the complaint, which is that I don't get to throw enough grenades for them to matter or for me to have any fun. I never had to worry about not having a grenade handy in Borderlands or Halo or any other number of infinitely better games as long as I wasn't goddamn spamming them.
You say all weapons within a class are identical. Not true... But again, you're not even through the campaign yet. The weapon variety is huge within each class... At level 20. Rare, legendary, and exotic weapons have unique weapon perks
If you actually read, you might have noticed that I pointed out that Borderlands (reminder: Infinitely better) had those swag guns at low levels, as a specific contrast to Destiny 2, which had me shooting the same fucking weapon the entire time.
Legendary and exotics let you select between different peeks in certain slots, so you could have a single pulse rifle with 5 or 6 different configurations. Further, every exotic is a 100% unique weapon.
Considering how utterly full of shit you've been about everything else, I can't believe these claimed differences ACTUALLY MATTER. Every pulse rifle I had came with different stat bars filled differently, and I couldn't tell a single fucking difference between them.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:55 am

You bitch that the skill trees don't do anything and bitch about skill points, and complain classes are functionally identical. You weren't even a high enough level to put points into the right side of the skill tree, where the actual trees start.
Learn to read, you unfathomable fucking retard. I unlocked a second subclass. Which means I immediately went to look at those "right side" skill trees, and they too were shit. I got a point in the Gunslinger "Practice Makes Perfect" skill that charged your Ubermeter with every precision kill. I figured I was partial to pulse rifles, and was using them to shoot guys in the face, and this would blend perfectly with what I was doing. It appeared to make little difference, as my TurboLightPistolThing still took goddamn forever to refresh.

For the uninitiated, each subclass has their own "left side" skill trees in two groups of four skills to the left side of the skill tree screen. ONE of these groups of four can be active at any time, and there is no way to switch between them but to open the menu (not a great move in a firefight) and change it manually. If the Practice Makes Perfect skill could have actually been used in conjunction with Six-Shooter and Deadshot, things MIGHT have been interesting. But that might have been fun, and Bungie didn't want to risk any of THAT.

I haven't even touched on the "Dodge" abilities. Hunters can spend skill points on dodges. That's right, side-stepping costs a skill point and IT'S ON A FUCKING COOLDOWN. Now, these dodges have neat perks like reloading your gun instantly or restoring your melee meter (special melee attacks also on a punishingly long cooldown), and SURELY there needs to be a short cooldown to prevent abuse. But the cooldown isn't just enough to prevent total spamming, like, say 5 seconds or something. It's nearly 20 goddamn seconds. I dodge, kill all 9 enemies attacking me, and there's still half the fucking cooldown left. Everything in this game, including the player, dies entirely too fast for how long cooldowns take. It'd be one thing if every enemy was a war to take down, and there were fewer of them, but they spam you with mooks that die in one burst to the face, so I end up halfway across the map, atop a pile of corpses, before my DODGE recharges.
You get enough points to unlock every tree on every subclass,

So why the fuck have skill trees and skill points? Other than I guess that's what infinitely better games (reminder: Borderlands) have, and Bungie wasn't in any mood to actually put effort in when they could just half-assedly copy better things. Seriously, between being able to unlock everything and it all being set up to affect as little as possible, there was no point in even having them, except to provide stooges like you with the illusion of choice.
You remind me of Rip complaining about RPE or telling elite athletes and coaches of actual athletes that what they're doing is wrong, and doing so with a tone of righteous self fellatio.
You remind me of Rip in that you're having a world class tantrum because someone disagreed with you over something and you start using mod privileges to attack them.

The more things change, huh?