Board temporarily unavailable

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

DCR

Board temporarily unavailable

Post by DCR » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:55 am

Over the past week, maybe a bit more, I constantly have been getting this screen / message when I open the board. There's a link to the board index and if I click on that enough times, I'm in, but it can take one click or a dozen. To clarify, this only happens when I first open the board, either by typing in the url on my computer or hitting it as a favorite on my phone. Once I'm in, then I'm in, there's no further issue.

Raising this because the logs have been on fire recently with new and returning members and it would be an extra shitty time for the board to go down.

Michiganian

Re: Board temporarily unavailable

Post by Michiganian » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:57 am

I've experienced this several times, myself, over the past week or so. Usually just hitting "reload" on the browser fixes it. Usually.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:39 am

Possibly related:

The amount of bullshit accounts trying to register has gone awry. Literally 31 accounts in one day. Time to shut off registration for a while.

Michiganian

Post by Michiganian » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am

Might be bad timing to do that.

I'd planned to post about this if it continued for another week, but it looks like the bodybuilding.com forums may be well and truly gone. They've been down for a week.

Many (?) (ex-?) users there may soon be looking for a new home.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:09 am

Michiganian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am Might be bad timing to do that.

I'd planned to post about this if it continued for another week, but it looks like the bodybuilding.com forums may be well and truly gone. They've been down for a week.

I’ll think about it but it’s a pain in the butt to sort through these accounts.

Clearwater47

Post by Clearwater47 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 am

Michiganian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am Might be bad timing to do that.

Yes, I've been referring some people as well. Literally just shared links with a couple of people within the last 5 minutes.

Michiganian

Post by Michiganian » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 am

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:09 am I’ll think about it but it’s a pain in the butt to sort through these accounts.
Understood. Ya gotta do what you gotta do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Clearwater47 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:16 am Yes, I've been referring some people as well. Literally just shared links with a couple of people within the last 5 minutes.
There was a thread over there last year about this time, referring people here. Several people tried and ran into Problems Registering New Accounts. The email problems have long been solved. (I get email notifications reliably, now--at least so far as I know. DKIM, SPF, and DMARC all pass).

Some of them, though, simply weren't interested in moving to a new home. Seems they'd rather give up on on-line body building forums entirely than move.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 am

@Clearwater47 and @Michiganian I have reopened registration. Let your friends know. If I get a ton of spam I’ll shut it down again

Clearwater47

Post by Clearwater47 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:56 am

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 am @Clearwater47 and @Michiganian I have reopened registration. Let your friends know. If I get a ton of spam I’ll shut it down again
Cool, thanks! And I totally understand about the spam. I have a forum I run and I know how much of a pain in the backside that can be. :(

Clearwater47

Post by Clearwater47 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:05 am

Michiganian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:30 amThere was a thread over there last year about this time, referring people here. Several people tried and ran into Problems Registering New Accounts. The email problems have long been solved. (I get email notifications reliably, now--at least so far as I know. DKIM, SPF, and DMARC all pass).

Some of them, though, simply weren't interested in moving to a new home. Seems they'd rather give up on on-line body building forums entirely than move.
Yeah, I was the one that was referring people, lol. I'm somewhat running into the same thing again - many people just aren't interested in getting involved in a new community. It seems like some are interested and willing though, so hopefully we'll have a few more join up here yet.