Guns and Shit

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Re: Guns and Shit

Post by BostonRugger » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:44 pm

5hout

Post by 5hout » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:51 am

BostonRugger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:44 pm https://variety.com/2024/film/news/rust ... 32812/amp/

Rust armorer was found guilty
I didn't follow the trial. Was the stuff about them target shooting and having other neg discharges real? (If someone did follow).

mikeylikey
Rabble Rouser

Post by mikeylikey » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:49 am

5hout wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:51 am
BostonRugger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:44 pm https://variety.com/2024/film/news/rust ... 32812/amp/

Rust armorer was found guilty
I didn't follow the trial. Was the stuff about them target shooting and having other neg discharges real? (If someone did follow).
Yes to ND's, at least two (with blanks) which were 100% careless handling by stunt man and prop woman. Prosecution argued these should have heightened awareness around doublechecking the guns.

All the testimony ruled out any target shooting on Rust set. Those early press reports seem to be the result of some shoddy reporting with a grain of truth mixed in: The supplier of the guns HAD participated in a recent live-fire range day for some actors from a different project. The defense conjectured, with no real evidence besides that his shop was cluttered, that he had mixed up leftover Real Boolits from that session when supplying the Rust movie.

The defense whole theory of the case was that she was not responsible because her supplier screwed up and put real bullets in a box marked dummies. They couldn't produce any evidence of this and in fact the prosecution made a very good circumstantial case that Gutierrez herself had introduced the live bullets in gun belts and holsters that SHE supplied.

I think the prosecution successfully argued that it didn't matter who supplied the bullets it was her job to check every one and she didn't.

The most wtf moment of the trial was the defense's geriatric civil-war-re-enactor qua firearms-"expert" repeatedly flagging the whole courtroom and the judge with a revolver BEFORE clearing it.

Also, Baldwins trial will not be an easy acquittal. Pretty damning video of him waving loaded guns around, using them like pointers to direct people, rushing reloads, finger ALWAYS on the trigger, etc. And this wasn't his trial. Based on what came out in the armorer trial there is going to be a compelling case that the shooting was less a one in a million freak accident and more the inevitable conclusion of a pattern of dangerous behavior.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:42 am

mikeylikey wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:49 amI think the prosecution successfully argued that it didn't matter who supplied the bullets it was her job to check every one and she didn't.
What was particularly significant to me: the prosecutor showed a trained armorer can shake a round to determine if it is live or dummy. Regardless of how the live rounds go onto the set, the armorer just wasn't doing her job.

5hout

Post by 5hout » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:40 pm

mikeylikey wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:49 am
[V good info]
Thanks bae!

mikeylikey
Rabble Rouser

Post by mikeylikey » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 am

Too soon?

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 pm

Just popping in to report that the Thunder Ranch 940 is not totally out of the realm of possibility just yet...

...and to ask how I've gone this long without having an ulti clip on my daily holster. Adding a light necessitated a new holster and I had fallen out of love with the previous company I used to buy from so I tried a local guy and paid the extra for the ulti clip because I've never been comfortable with most holster clips (all my previous holsters are loop/snap, and they didn't offer those).

Damn... this thing is fantastic...