Voice to text

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Philbert

Voice to text

Post by Philbert » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:50 pm

Technology experts:
I use a voice to text program (Dragon) at work. We have an older, purchased version, the vendor (Nuance) now only rents software. The function was always a little buggy, but with recent updates it has become much worse. It appears they are sabotaging the purchased version in order to drive sales for software rental. I would like to buy something from a different company if possible.
For any of you who use voice to text programs, what do you use and what do you like about it?

Brackish

Re: Voice to text

Post by Brackish » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:55 am

Google Read & Write is free, and it can easily be added to Chrome as an extension. I'm not sure that I would be paying for that sort of thing anymore. There are plenty of free options out there.

5hout

Re: Voice to text

Post by 5hout » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:02 am

The problem is that Dragon has the specialty market on lockdown, or at least didnthe last time I looked. They have the best special words databases, and their training feature is (was?) Head, shoulders and a chunk of torso better.

It sucks that they are scheming to force people into a SaaS model. Can you rollback the updates and block new updates to buy some bridge time?