Halfthor

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Halfthor

Post by Hardartery » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:17 pm

He has announced that he's doing the Rogue invitational. Legit didn't see that coming.
Alo saw the Hall has put out some sort of thing announcing a comeback, I am guessing to Strongman, I didn't watch it bexause I don't care for him but it would be interesting if it's more than just the Team comp vs the US that is coming up soon.

mouse

Re: Halfthor

Post by mouse » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:00 am

I'm not totally shocked...

Haven't been following his training under a microscope or anything but from clips here and there I've noticed he's been thickening up a bit and Rogue is a big pay day... I had a feeling he would eventually be coaxed back...

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 am

Following his announcement at the Ahnuld's a few days previously, what's the deal with this come back then? Bills to pay? A profile to maintain? New career as a boxer not panning out?

Not really much on his social media to go on... I thought he'd irredeemably fallen out with Giant's Live due to some drama I can barely even recall.

houzi

Post by houzi » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:51 am

GlasgowJock wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 am Following his announcement at the Ahnuld's a few days previously, what's the deal with this come back then? Bills to pay? A profile to maintain? New career as a boxer not panning out?

Not really much on his social media to go on... I thought he'd irredeemably fallen out with Giant's Live due to some drama I can barely even recall.
What was his announcement? I know hes said that he wants to take the powerlifting total ATWR, and that he and Daniel Bell are going to compete together at some point. Or was that the announcement you mean?

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:00 am

houzi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:51 am What was his announcement? I know hes said that he wants to take the powerlifting total ATWR, and that he and Daniel Bell are going to compete together at some point. Or was that the announcement you mean?
Just said he was coming back to strongman for 2024 so perhaps he harbours PLing ambitions for this year?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:12 pm

GlasgowJock wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 am Following his announcement at the Ahnuld's a few days previously, what's the deal with this come back then? Bills to pay? A profile to maintain? New career as a boxer not panning out?

What I saw was specifically that he was training to break the ATWR in PL, and then do some Strongman. He referenced Rogue and Arnold's, no mention of Giants Live or WSM. He said that boxing was done a while ago, and I don't think he is worried about a paycheck at this point he just needs something to do. When your whole life is training for something it's pretty hard to find motivation with nothing to specifically train for.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:08 am

houzi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:51 am

What was his announcement? I know hes said that he wants to take the powerlifting total ATWR, and that he and Daniel Bell are going to compete together at some point. Or was that the announcement you mean?
IMO he'll have a hard time taking that ATWR. He's got shot for sure because he's already got a very, very good total but that extra 85 pounds or so will take some doing.

If he sticks to PL for two or three years? Sure, then I can see it happening but that's two or three years Dan Bell has to bring it up further as well.

The disadvantage Halfthor has as I see it is lack of experience. PL is different to strongman. Arguably it's easier, but in the aspect of not needing to move around with weight nor do any reps; the flip side of that is it's very specific and Dan Bell has had years and years to get very, very good at those three lifts not to mention years and years of experience bringing each one of those lifts to a peak at the same time.

I don't doubt Dan Bell will welcome the competition though, AFAIK it's been a while since he's had anyone serious to go up against.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:05 am

Aaaaaaaand he tore his pec doing something he doesn't get paid for...

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:55 pm

Does he really need both pecs to do strongman?