Thor vs Fury

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Hardartery

Thor vs Fury

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:47 pm

I've seen two places now indicating that the fight will happen. I am not sure what to even think about that. They are both 6' -9, but Fury is possibly the best Heavyweight ever and Thor is not.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Re: Thor vs Fury

Post by aurelius » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 pm

It is pure entertainment. Not a competitive event. There is no one in the world that can out box Fury. Likely the greatest heavy weight of all time. Just his size beats Ali, Fraser, Tyson, and other greats.

Maybe prime Lewis? Or klitschko? But Fury’s hand speed and movement…I am not seeing it.

Hardartery

Re: Thor vs Fury

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:10 pm

aurelius wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 pm It is pure entertainment. Not a competitive event. There is no one in the world that can out box Fury. Likely the greatest heavy weight of all time. Just his size beats Ali, Fraser, Tyson, and other greats.

Maybe prime Lewis? Or klitschko? But Fury’s hand speed and movement…I am not seeing it.
I don't get it at all. They are the same height, but Thor is significantly heavier. He is also significantly slower and less psycho. Fury is a singular being with that speed, reach, and will to win. Getting knocked down, and what looked like out, and then getting up and hammering his opponent like he never got touched....I thought Lewis was maybe the best (Even better than Klitchko) but Fury is a different animal altogether.