Giants Live Final - Glasgow

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Giants Live Final - Glasgow

Post by Hardartery » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:36 pm

I have very little on this. Anybody else have any results?
It appears that Iron Biby did indeed set a Log Lift WR in a special one off run of the event because his travel delays kept him out of the contest last week. LukeStoltman and Hixy apparently refused to accept the Log Lift Championship trophy and insisted he be given a go. Good sports those two.
Tom Stoltman and Evan Singleton did the stones together, leading me to believe they may have been 1-2 for the last event. Drama on the stones. They both dropped number 4 and propelled their respctive number 5's away from the platforms. Stoltman beat Evan on the event, but I would bet he didn't win the event. So I have no idea who gets the title.

Hardartery

Re: Giants Live Final - Glasgow

Post by Hardartery » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Okay, I found:
Luke Stoltman 1st
Tom Stoltman 2nd
Evan Singleton 3rd
Gav Bilton withdrew.
The thing Tom does on stone 4 that causes the miss is weird. I don't know what he was thinking there, exactly, he would need to be a foot taller to pull that off. That's what happens when you feel really pushed I guess, you gamble.

Daverin2112

Post by Daverin2112 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 pm

Looks like they were in a bit of a rush to give it to Biby; looks like left arm wasn't quite all the way there. However, I think the one front cam I saw made it look locked and close to level, so I am guessing it just happened to look fine to the ref in front. If they just made him control for, like, 2 seconds, I bet he'd have it anyways, and now won't have people adding an asterisk.

Bout time. Gonna need to watch the actual contest, but sounds like Luke did a good job reminding people that he is absolutely a top tier strongman like Tom.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Daverin2112 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 pm Looks like they were in a bit of a rush to give it to Biby; looks like left arm wasn't quite all the way there. However, I think the one front cam I saw made it look locked and close to level, so I am guessing it just happened to look fine to the ref in front. If they just made him control for, like, 2 seconds, I bet he'd have it anyways, and now won't have people adding an asterisk.

Bout time. Gonna need to watch the actual contest, but sounds like Luke did a good job reminding people that he is absolutely a top tier strongman like Tom.
I'll be honest here, I think it was a lot more convincing than the Axle record they gave him after 4 attempts. Not saying he can't do the lifts, but they are bending over backwards with the gimmees.

Daverin2112

Post by Daverin2112 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Ironically, I thought the Axle actually looked there juust at the call. Really should just make him hold it so there is no doubt.

I mean... Z himself has gotten at least one record in as bad a shape, so... eh. Hopefully we see some more movement on the record now that the potential mental barrier is broken, and at least one is cleaner.