Fuck The World Log

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

oldguy

Re: Fuck The World Log

Post by oldguy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:55 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:08 am This shit isn't funny when you're living it!!!!

Was going to bench today, didn't happen. Too busy banging my head against the wall. Doing Diff Eq homework while being "yeah yeah kill yourself, good idea, solid choice" in your head is really hard. Did some chins as usual.

15 AMRAP + 5 min density block

Got my haircut and now I look like an ever bigger idiot than before FUCK
At least you have hair....

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:52 am

Yeah I have been told I have beautiful hair, but I'm also kind of ugly otherwise so you take the good with the bad.

Low Bar Big Booty Squat 215 3x5

hip drive hyuck hyuck, all is well

Chins 3 AMRAP 10, 10, 10. Truncated because I was doing homework lol...

I remember when I was in PE my senior year after getting kicked out of marching band but just before getting kicked out of highschool entirely we were in the weight room for some reason and one of the teachers many pets (the teacher in question is also now a registered sex offender because she had been fucking her students on the low low for years) decided to hop up onto the power rack - short fella, also a senior, but insane hops. He manages to crank out like 8 chin ups which is godlike to 99% of people and one of sophomore girls, this very ditzy but sweet girl (who would occasionally also talk to me later in the semester during class which I found and still find strange because I was pretty obviously a mentally unstable freak with severe emotional problems and very underdeveloped compared to the other senior boys) excitedly exclaims "you're so strong!"

I still think about this whenever I do more than 8 or so chin ups. I did 20 once, which was painful. I think about that a lot. I remember when doing one chin up seemed impossible, and now even when I haven't trained them in a while I can still bang out a set of 8, albeit with some effort. When I do train them, a set of 8 is trivial.

Severe mental disconnect between what I was and what I am I guess. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be married with a kid in a decade (which I doubt, way too many things have gone wrong with me developmentally) thinking I'm still some weird, awkward dude writing screeds on the internet, the same way I still think I'm a weak 130lb 17 year old unable to do one chin up.

Life is strange. We all die and it seems to me this is all meaningless, but I can still do at least 8 chin ups.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:13 am

Slept 4 hours because 4AM memento mori, memento homo. Under a lot of stress lately because of school and coming to grips with how fucked up my life is. I mean it could be worse...

All I did today was have diarrhea and myo-rep chin ups. I crave the return of sanity to my daily life. I crave a lot of things.

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:40 am

How I'm gonna picture muffin from now on with this new log title...

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:43 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:52 am Sometimes I wonder if I'll be married with a kid in a decade (which I doubt, way too many things have gone wrong with me developmentally)
Yo I don't know if you've looked around lately but unless by 'wrong developmentally' you mean your balls fell off and you are no longer able to sire children there are far more messed up and unqualified individuals than you that have wound up married with kids.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:03 am

@mouse That is true, otherwise I wouldn't exist. Lol

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:23 am

LBBS 220 3x5

Right before 2 wheels again woooo. I kind of think I want to just focus on only bench and squat for a long while, but am not sure what programming for just those two lifts would look like past an LP from a layoff. Honestly I'm 27 soon and my life is kind of fucked up and I am fucking sick of working retail and want to at least try to get some crap tier IT position with my equally crap (I come from the land of poor GPA) Software Engineering degree when I graduate. I have other longstanding issues not worth mentioning, but lifting weights all the time just feels sad in light of other severe personal deficits. I should try to fix myself before I get fatter and older.

Fuck the world though. This place is tiring.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:07 am

Hanley Chins x Hanley at RPE Hanley

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Went for a quick run today. Like 3 miles. Haven't run in a bit. Usually did it at The Lake but it gets mad dark now since it's winter.

I needed to be at The Lake today.

I've been thinking about killing myself a lot recently. Exercise helps. The rational part of my brain say yes, hit the self annihilation PR since we've done the calculations and this shit is not going well, abort mission but the emotional part of my brain says It's Okay to Murder Yourself If You Need To, But Please Try to Invent a Reason for Living but you know, I'm not a particularly inventive or useful person.

I think this is why I've always loved running, or even lifting weights. "Have you tried lifting weights for fun?"

What could possibly be fun doing squat mornings and getting sore and sweaty? This shit isn't fun, but it's necessary. I have come to love the toil. It's something I think is significant, but it definitely isn't fun.

Anyway, I watched that new Thrall video about running and lifting and don't really get how you would recover from doing both. Maybe I eat like a bird and sleep like an insomniac. Who knows.

Only in dreams.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:45 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:26 pm Anyway, I watched that new Thrall video about running and lifting and don't really get how you would recover from doing both. Maybe I eat like a bird and sleep like an insomniac. Who knows.
Alan was in the Marines and graduated first in his OS and got put into honorable stations for a reason. Dude is the personification of discipline. He kinda has me interested in doing that "squat your mile time" program, but the bunions on my feet don't really like running (or on your feet type martial arts) for more than a month or so before they start chronically hurting.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:21 am

Why wouldn't you be able to become stronger and a better runner at the same time (providing the programming is appropriate) ? People who train for sports do that all the time (in most sports you need to be both strong and also be able to run). I understand that if you are already very strong, then trying to get even stronger while also improving your running at the same time might not be feasible. But for the majority of people it sounds quite feasible.

For the average lifting bro who never runs, just running a few times a week at an easy pace probably will improve his running in some capacity, and will not really interfere with lifting. Hell, it might even make him a better lifter from the improved conditioning.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:28 am

Room temperature IQ reporting in

LBBS 225 3X5

I know I get clowned on for constantly switching up goals but I really want to hit a 405 1RM squat. It seems literally impossible to me to hit that number but I somehow deadlifted 447lb which while not exactly heavy seemed impossible to me for ages.

I remember when I was still super motivated to train pre COVID I was just kinda stuck around 275-295lb range for squats, and that was when I was actually fat instead of pretend fat. Technique? God knows. I stink.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:28 am Room temperature IQ reporting in

LBBS 225 3X5

I know I get clowned on for constantly switching up goals but I really want to hit a 405 1RM squat. It seems literally impossible to me to hit that number but I somehow deadlifted 447lb which while not exactly heavy seemed impossible to me for ages.

I remember when I was still super motivated to train pre COVID I was just kinda stuck around 275-295lb range for squats, and that was when I was actually fat instead of pretend fat. Technique? God knows. I stink.
So, you may be playing a schtick here, or something. Whatever, I'm picturing the wrestler that @mouse posted above. You have a goal. Excellent. I am straight up telling you that you are capable of reaching it. I am not blowing smoke, nor am I trying to coddle sensitive Millenial sensitivities. You can do it, we are all willing to help and offer support.
Old guy story incoming. You are the same age as several of my nephews and nieces. One of them has a degree from the University of the Arts London. It's prestigious, it is hard to get accepted there, and she's an extremely intelligent woman. She is currently roughly your age, and now is going through school to be a veterinarian. In Canada that is possibly even harder to get into than the first degree was, as there are literally only two schools in the country for it and an extremely limited admission quantity. All f that schooling and intelligence and she didn't find her thing and start going to school for it until she was 27 or 28. No one thinks she's a loser. She has spent a small fortune on school and is technically no further ahead than you are right now. You are not old, you are not incapable, and you are not stupid. You do tend to let your thinking and mood be affected by the mindset that surrounds you. Stop thinking that way. You are more capable than that and you need to tell yourself that you are better than that once in a while. Life sucks, most of the time, especially in the short term. Getting where you are going in life is a lot like reaching a goal in lifting. You have to plan ahead more than 12 weeks and keep an eye on the ultimate goal, that helps you get past bad days and short term setbacks. Get it into your mondset that you can do it and then work towards it.

DCR

Post by DCR » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:29 pm

https://70sbig.com/blog/2012/06/every-m ... squat-405/

I mean the above apparently doesn’t apply to me :lol: but you’re young.

Seriously, though: everything that @Hardartery said. I have not one doubt that you can do this.

mouse

Post by mouse » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm

I too agree with a bit of tenacity and some GAHT-DAMNED FOCUS for a while 405 for a single is plenty attainable...

Just promise me when you get there you'll become a local Facebook personality who posts the same single all the time with shouting and 'lions aren't concerned about sheep' type posts...

Bonus if you place third in a local novice meet...

Yes I'm thinking of something specific why do you ask?

mouse

Post by mouse » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:51 pm

Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm Whatever, I'm picturing the wrestler that @mouse posted above.
Yo that is the human suplex machine, put some respect on his name hahaha

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:04 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:28 am Room temperature IQ reporting in

LBBS 225 3X5

I agree with the others that if you set your mind on a 405 lbs squat and you work hard for the next year I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attain it.

The 405 milestone is also one of my main goals currently.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:08 am

Back Up In That Ass With The Resurrection

And This Is Yesterday ('s log)

LBBS 230 3x5

Had a very intense conversation with my Diff Eq professor and another older student. Had me thinking enough that I didn't do my squats until it was time for bed.

Want to start benching again but I only seem to have energy to squat. I feel like I should get another job because this retail shit sucks, I need a consistent schedule but most restaurants aren't really hiring...

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:32 pm

LBBS 235 3X5

Don't know when I'm going to cut this LP off. When I haven't eaten and have taken a sufficiently big enough SHIT I weigh in at 168lbs.

235lbs feels pretty heavy at this bodyweight. Of course, I'm a WEAK bitch so I am not sure how much further I will get. I used to squat 295 for 4x6. What happened to me?

I want to start a program again soon but I just feel so fucking burnt out on life and school and everything in general. Considering dropping out of college entirely even in spite of the time I have invested in it. Computer science is an extremely competitive major and even more so in the Bay Area where everyone has solved every single LEETCode hard problem in highschool while simultaneously fondling their large, well developed testicles and resultant penis.

Comparison is the thief of joy, I guess. I have to kill the mind virus of "depression" that has infected me someday but it's hard when you are always reminded by life itself that you really just aren't that good at much at all, and certainly not good for anybody.

DCR

Post by DCR » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:42 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:32 pm Considering dropping out of college entirely even in spite of the time I have invested in it.
To do what? This sounds like a terrible idea.
EggMcMuffin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:32 pmComputer science is an extremely competitive major and even more so in the Bay Area where everyone has solved every single LEETCode hard problem in highschool while simultaneously fondling their large, well developed testicles and resultant penis.
Stop being a pussy.

I have a friend who behaved this way. When we were in our 20s, after he graduated from a college in RI, he took some shit local insurance job because he decided that Boston was too competitive. He never even tried to get a job there, just mentally foreclosed the possibility.

Three years later, he grabbed some sack and started interviewing in Boston. Was hired right away, making twice the money. Yeah, he had a little experience by then, but it was an entry level position. He could have had it in the first place if he’d actually tried.