Fuck The World Log

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

EggMcMuffin

Re: Fuck The World Log

Post by EggMcMuffin » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:15 pm

I really need to get around to selling my Rep Fatness curl bar. I should have bought the rackable one in the first place, but since it was 2020 and they were shit out of errythang I immediately pounced on the NON-rackable one, which I never use. My small arm situation would be ameliorated, or at least be closer to being ameliorated if I had the rackable curl bar, because I could just dump it into my rack without moving a bunch of other shit around

hector

Post by hector » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:16 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:15 pm I really need to get around to selling my Rep Fatness curl bar. I should have bought the rackable one in the first place, but since it was 2020 and they were shit out of errythang I immediately pounced on the NON-rackable one, which I never use. My small arm situation would be ameliorated, or at least be closer to being ameliorated if I had the rackable curl bar, because I could just dump it into my rack without moving a bunch of other shit around
Amen.
Rackable curl bars are the shit.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:23 pm

365 lb deadlift 1x2

1x5 265lbs deadlift

aaaaa

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:16 pm

This was more fun that the half marathon two weeks ago, but goddamn setting distance PR's running is like pulling/squatting your true 1RM twice (if such a thing were possible) in terms of how drained you are the rest of the day.

I am now entering the most difficult, grueling parts of the training cycle. If I don't give up, I will be able to successfully run a whole ass marathon by the end of the year.

Also goddamn this shit takes fucking forever. When I'm nearing the end before the taper I'm going to be running almost 4-6 hours a week, WTF. I'm not doing this shit again. It turns you into a running monk. I keep showing up late to things trying to fit in these biblically long runs. You have to be independently wealthy or something to run 50 milers, that is a fucking insane amount of time to be running. I'm only doing this because pretty much everything this year has shaken out such that I had sufficient time to train for both a half marathon and a full marathon.

Also for anyone thinking of running long distances, your nipples start to chafe after about 12 miles. Just a fun fact.

JimRiley

Post by JimRiley » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:48 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:16 pm Also for anyone thinking of running long distances, your nipples start to chafe after about 12 miles. Just a fun fact.
Yep, they sure do. Just about any kind of goop (Vaseline, Aquafor, Body Glide, Bag Balm, axle grease) should help. I used bandaids a long time ago, but got tired of yanking out hairs.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:56 am

JimRiley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:48 pm
EggMcMuffin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:16 pm Also for anyone thinking of running long distances, your nipples start to chafe after about 12 miles. Just a fun fact.
Yep, they sure do. Just about any kind of goop (Vaseline, Aquafor, Body Glide, Bag Balm, axle grease) should help. I used bandaids a long time ago, but got tired of yanking out hairs.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:17 pm

Marathon training is likely going to shit (literally and figuratively) because I no longer have a functioning plumbing system and no money to fix it lollll

Both my parents are essentially 6 years old mentally and also have no money so I'm kinda fucked lmao

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:07 pm

All plumbing issues are horrendously expensive, corporeal or otherwise. That's very unfortunate. Hopefully it resolves itself.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:17 pm

@MarkKO

Hopefully my brother pays to have it fixed once he gets back from his trip. I'm flat broke. I really need to start trying to get a software engineering internship or something but I feel so overwhelmed by generally being poor and like 9/10 time having no idea what the fuck is going on.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:16 am

Being broke sucks. A lot.

No one really knows what the fuck is going on IME. The most you can hope for is getting a decent idea of what's going on in your immediate vicinity.

mouse

Post by mouse » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:33 am

What happened to your plumbing?

Also, when the plumber does eventually get there, ask him if he's taking on apprentices. Learn how to fix that shit and then you'll be the guy charging buku bucks.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:02 am

mouse wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:33 am What happened to your plumbing?

Also, when the plumber does eventually get there, ask him if he's taking on apprentices. Learn how to fix that shit and then you'll be the guy charging buku bucks.
It took 291 posts to get to by far the best advice in this log.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:26 pm

This is indeed good advice

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:42 am

DCR wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:02 am

It took 291 posts to get to by far the best advice in this log.
:lol:

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:20 am

I ran 16 miles the other day and ran a 7:31 mile in training on an easier day but no one gives a fuck about that and I'm tired and this is technically a lifting forum so

Deadlift 370lbs 1x2
This is close to a 2.3BW pull (162lbs BW at 5'8).I think I might be able to get to 405lbs 1x2, this didn't feel too bad this time, maybe because I haven't pulled anything in over a week.

Small problem I've noticed is that beyond being weak as shit and generally a poor excuse for a eukaryote is that my marathon training ends 1-2 two weeks before I'm actually supposed to run the race, and what's more is that I haven't even registered for the race!!!! I don't know if I should take a week off at one point to try to time it some my taper is sorta close to when I actually run it plus or minus a few days, the 16 miler the other day was absolutely B R U T A L and it's already giving me a taste of how hilariously difficult an actual marathon is (I deliberately ran the 16 miles on a completely empty stomach so I could see what "the bonk" felt like. Spoiler alert, it feels fucking awful) so I don't want to be anything but completely prepared. I am a habitual quitter and loser (and also dumb, and small, and don't look like I lift) so I don't want to conk out during the race either. I saw a lot of people just give up entirely during the half marathon and I don't want that to be me!!!!

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:04 pm

I don't know if I should basically just take this week easy and cool off a little since my training cycle will finish almost two weeks before the actual race or if I should like, keep on until the worst of it and then take a break. I feel like shit, I'm nearly constantly tired. Running is much harder on you than lifting.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:04 pm I don't know if I should basically just take this week easy and cool off a little since my training cycle will finish almost two weeks before the actual race or if I should like, keep on until the worst of it and then take a break. I feel like shit, I'm nearly constantly tired. Running is much harder on you than lifting.
You should post this upstairs. Someone must know something about this, but I think a lot of folks don’t read the logs.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:32 am

DCR wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 am
EggMcMuffin wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:04 pm I don't know if I should basically just take this week easy and cool off a little since my training cycle will finish almost two weeks before the actual race or if I should like, keep on until the worst of it and then take a break. I feel like shit, I'm nearly constantly tired. Running is much harder on you than lifting.
You should post this upstairs. Someone must know something about this, but I think a lot of folks don’t read the logs.
x2

I'd like to help but I know jack about running.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:05 am

Just wound up taking the week off. Training for marathon will resume in a bit I guess. My life has been sort of a disaster recently. If I don't get my act together I'm going to fail all my classes lmao. Showing up late to things all the time, etc. I think above all things I would really benefit from someone constantly calling me out on my bullshit. I don't even know why I'm like this. I can run 16 fucking miles no problem, literally zero issues finding the motivation for something that made me start feeling delirious but I can't show up to anything on time or turn things in on time or like, anything normal. lol

Deadlift 375lbs 1x2 + back offs 2x5 280lbs. I've always had this weird muscle spasm that seems to strike under certain, specific stresses and it really freaks me out. I first noticed it when I first started learning to play drumset and working fast patterns on a single pedal would make my tongue shoot hard into my cheek and make my right shoulder kick up and like my entire body basically just stops responding to any conscious motor input for a a few seconds. Scared the shit out of me way back then, and I was convinced I had some serious disease. It went away as I conditioned my to that sort of stress but I've noticed deadlifting triggers it now that I've lost weight and it's fucking terrifying having your body shit itself at the top of a heavy set. Last time I locked out 370x2 I fell onto the bar as I was setting it down because the spasm came on. I would go to a doctor but how do you even explain it to them? I can trigger it pretty easily if I'm on a drumset, I'll just play something that burns out my right leg and show it off but I obviously can't do that there lmao (and it would take a while). It seems like my body has always had some quirks that no one has ever been able to really explain and it scares me that one day I might just drop dead or something because there was actually something subtly wrong with me that no one ever noticed.

Honestly writing this out makes me realize it's more akin to like a seizure that lasts like about 4-5 seconds. I pretty much cannot control my body and when this has happened to me playing drumset I would drop my sticks because my right arm would just go limp...

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:01 am

Deadlift 380lbs 1x1 + back offs 2x5 280lbs. Might be time to figure out what I'm going to do for programming alongside running. I will need more complex rep schemes in a little while. I want to be knocking on 405lbs 1x5 within a few months, which is a tall older given that I'm like 160lbs now.

Sometimes I see all the views this log has and wonder who reads this shit. I think my whinging must get pretty annoying after a while. As I've gotten older I realize I'm nowhere near I'm as smart as I thought I was growing up and am actually close to intellectually disabled in a lot of respects. Life is strange. Somehow you keep showing up and trying even though in aggregate it sort of sucks. I guess that's what lifting is like. You know it's going to be painful and tiring, but you still try it anyway.

Somebody hit me with this shit a while ago, I still find it poignant for something that was meant to be a flippant little joke of a comment in an even more obscure and doomed website than this one:
You vaguely remember being a cactus in a previous life, in the middle of a barren desert. You were thirsty, but there was no water to be found. In the evening, when the cool shadows started to fall, you would huddle together with your cactus friends and share stories of what life was like in the otherworld. You always wondered what it must be like to live in a place where water was plentiful. But then again, you never really longed for that life. You remember the sun beating down on your prickly skin, the sand irritating your leaves, and the way the wind would whip through your branches. You don't remember much else, but you do recall that it was a tough life. You were constantly thirsty and there was never any relief. But you persevered – you were a cactus, after all. And now, in this life, you're determined to make the most of things. You'll never forget the lessons you learned as a cactus – stay strong and always be prepared for the worst.