vax poll

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Going forward, will you get additional Covid 19 vaccinations after this year?

I will likely get another C19 vaccine (upgrade) at the beginning of each new flu season?
7%
I will get a vaccine (upgrade) at whatever interval the CDC/my gov't says to do? (ex: new 'variants' )
57%
I am only getting vaccinated this one time only in 2021?
22%
I am not getting a C19 vaccine at all, now, or going forward.
14%

Total votes: 72

dw

Re: vax poll

Post by dw » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:54 pm

mouse wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:31 pm
mbasic wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:48 am Basically, its a recent paper/article about how repeated vaccination with the mRNA vaccine might be a bad thing. The key is getting vaxxed over and over and over. The vaccine itself is not bad, but repeatedly hitting the human body with it can lead to fuckeryitis
So repeatedly pumping shit into your system instead of just letting your existing system adapt to deal with this was somehow a bad thing, and you may have accidentally confused your system that now has no idea how to deal with the illness you're trying to prevent, ironically meaning you might get it more often and more severely?

Wow, color me shocked.

Oh also maybe cancer? Cool!

Wouldn't this reasoning apply to all vaccines?

mouse

Post by mouse » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:29 am

dw wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:54 pm
mbasic wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:48 am Basically, its a recent paper/article about how repeated vaccination with the mRNA vaccine might be a bad thing. The key is getting vaxxed over and over and over. The vaccine itself is not bad, but repeatedly hitting the human body with it can lead to fuckeryitis
So repeatedly pumping shit into your system instead of just letting your existing system adapt to deal with this was somehow a bad thing, and you may have accidentally confused your system that now has no idea how to deal with the illness you're trying to prevent, ironically meaning you might get it more often and more severely?

Wow, color me shocked.

Wouldn't this reasoning apply to all vaccines?
I don't know enough about them, maybe? Are other vaccinations mrna? Do we peer pressure each other into getting them 3-4 (or more) times a year?

I can't seem to remember knowing anyone who would go and get their flu shot and then doctor shop to get another one a couple weeks later...

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:27 pm

Wow, color me shocked.

I think the whole idea of getting these regular mRNA has faded out big time....becuz the threat has subsided.from.almost nothing to absolutely nothing. So I'm not really worried about it.

But there is a certain subset of "those people" , who will still get regular boosters, and/or vaccine 'updates' .... the new quintuple-valient boosters or whatever crafted to deal with whatever current variants are in fashion. Irony that these people are the one that would theoretically have the immune dysfunction discussed in the article.

mouse

Post by mouse » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:50 pm

mbasic wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:27 pm Irony that these people are the one that would theoretically have the immune dysfunction discussed in the article.
Definately not lost on me, I've astutely noticed the people within my immediate circle who were the most adamant to get shot up are also the people who caught/catch it constantly...

Now I have the sciences backing me up.

Chess mate.