vax poll

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Going forward, will you get additional Covid 19 vaccinations after this year?

I will likely get another C19 vaccine (upgrade) at the beginning of each new flu season?
7%
I will get a vaccine (upgrade) at whatever interval the CDC/my gov't says to do? (ex: new 'variants' )
57%
I am only getting vaccinated this one time only in 2021?
22%
I am not getting a C19 vaccine at all, now, or going forward.
14%

Total votes: 72

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Re: vax poll

Post by hsilman » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:08 am

I don't know if the 3rd shot really mattered or not, given at the point that I got it initial vaccination rate was over 80% and serious illness was in steep decline. But I don't regret getting it.

I get my flu shot every year, and still wouldn't mind getting my "covid shot" too. But unless something changes, I'm not taking it any more seriously than that.

dw

Post by dw » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:30 am

Is the point that omicron is so mild we shouldn't care if we get it? Maybe, I haven't read any omicron anecdotes that I recall, just that it's not as bad as the prior strains.

But I think it's easily worth it to get a few free and fast shots a year to prevent myself from getting super-flu. Kind of puzzled anyone thinks otherwise.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am

dw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:30 am Is the point that omicron is so mild we shouldn't care if we get it? Maybe, I haven't read any omicron anecdotes that I recall, just that it's not as bad as the prior strains.

But I think it's easily worth it to get a few free and fast shots a year to prevent myself from getting super-flu. Kind of puzzled anyone thinks otherwise.
Covid killed an average of 7 people per day in NYC in the past 7 day period. Some days 10, some days 0.

I'm going to devote as much attention or attrition to it as I would other things that present that level of risk. I'm puzzled why anyone would do otherwise.

edit: the 2nd covid shot got me VERY sick. Not hospitalization, but 3 weeks of feeling like shit. That's a significant risk I need to factor in when deciding if the "fast and free" shots are worth it.

You need to stop pretending there are no negative outcomes within the realm of possibility. There are significant(statistically, if not emotionally) risks of negative outcomes, which should be weighed against the negative outcomes of the disease being prevented. In could understand putting that evaluation on hold when it's killing thousands of people a day and it's just scary. But that's no longer the case. Now I'm going to apply the same "abundance of caution" to the vaccine that I did to covid policy.
Last edited by hsilman on Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

dw

Post by dw » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:26 am

hsilman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am
dw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:30 am Is the point that omicron is so mild we shouldn't care if we get it? Maybe, I haven't read any omicron anecdotes that I recall, just that it's not as bad as the prior strains.

Covid killed an average of 7 people per day in NYC in the past 7 day period. Some days 10, some days 0.

I'm going to devote as much attention or attrition to it as I would other things that present that level of risk. I'm puzzled why anyone would do otherwise.

I have no idea what you're going for here.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:29 am

dw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:26 am
hsilman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am

I have no idea what you're going for here.
I edited it. the vaccine got me sick, it isn't without any risks.

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:14 pm

Yeah it's mostly mild. Chances of dying after 2 shots is near zero. Even before Omicron we knew the shots wane very fast in terms of preventing symptomatic illness so you would have to get at least 4 shots per year and you'll likely still get covid anyway and then have even stronger hybrid immunity.

The risks from the vaccines are still small but they are higher than were led to believe last year. So every time you take a shot you are taking another small risk that might possibly compound with each shot and what you get is basically a couple months of reduced likelihood to catch a severe infection. It's all up to the individual but many aren't at much risk of a severe infection anyway, especially the many, many who have already been infected by now.

And they are only free at point of service. If I were in charge of policy I would offer them once a year before the start of flu season, fully voluntary and only strongly recommended to vulnerable individuals and adults who have both previously had 0 shots and not been infected yet.

ColonelMoutarde wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:11 am Risks: none.
This is extremely false
Allentown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:44 am I've got my 3, likely won't get more until next fall assuming this is still a thing. Just add it to my flu shot.
Did you vote "I will likely get another C19 vaccine (upgrade) at the beginning of each new flu season?"

Sounds like you're following it.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm

I was this category:

"I am not getting a C19 vaccine at all, now, or going forward."

Then I got spooked by Delta and got vaccinated in 8/21 (*sheep noises*). Then I got covid in 12/21 (presumably omicron). I coughed a lot.

###

I made a killing off of Moderna stock and I'm now investing profits in some sweet, sweet real estate projects in Spokane, WA and Saratoga NY. @quikky is handling my money. He tells me Spokane, WA is the next Bozeman, MT.

dw

Post by dw » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Are those bad vaccine reactions really independent events? My impression was that some people are prone to them and others are not.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:21 am

dw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:08 pm Are those bad vaccine reactions really independent events? My impression was that some people are prone to them and others are not.
I bet if you had a bad vaccine reaction, you would have had a really really really "bad reaction" to the C19 disease itself (w/o the vax).

Maybe not all, but I bet how that works to a large degree.

==========================

Anywho. Speaking of immune system reactions .....

The other day a was doing some yard work.
Pull weeds, trimming shit .... used the leaf blower, broom, rake quite a bit.
Took the dog for a quick walk/ball throw session after this .... JFC the pollen and shit about kicked my ass.
Spring is full on max right now in AZ.
Nose started to run and nasal congestion, eye watering, little itchy, etc. a couple of sneezes

I don't have 'allergies' perse .... I've never got a shot, but I do react to the environment in the spring.

I wonder if that all somehow works to fend off the viruses etc. to an extent ...mini vaccine.
I mean, if you simulate your mucosal defenses (via pollen, etc) to that extent, maybe an airborne virus doesn't have as much of a chance.
That happens in the spring every year. Spring is spring.
Might be another factor to play into why flu is seasonal/is in the winter ... and "goes away" in Spring/April.
Sure more sunlight, humidity, vit D levels, outdoor activity, less indoor activity, etc etc etc .... sure got all that .... but then a big dose of pollen via trees, flowers, (here its cactus in the desert....some years, not all), weeds, grasses, etc.

And if you live in concrete, asphalt, steel metropolis? ... well, good luck with that.

quikky

Post by quikky » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:43 am

Hanley wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm I made a killing off of Moderna stock and I'm now investing profits in some sweet, sweet real estate projects in Spokane, WA and Saratoga NY. @quikky is handling my money. He tells me Spokane, WA is the next Bozeman, MT.
Spokane is where one of the Red Dawn movies took place. Given the current environment, investments there are a no-brainer.

Have you looked into the private jet brochures I sent over? Pick one out now. With supply chain issues it'll take a while to get it built and you don't want to fly commercial needlessly.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:54 am

Hanley wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm Saratoga NY.
I've got plenty of property in Saratoga I'd be happy to sell you a piece of.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:45 am

hsilman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:54 am
Do you really?

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:48 am

Hanley wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:45 am
Do you really?
No, Saratoga, NY doesn't exist. Unless you meant the county which would be weird, but if you were serious, you meant Saratoga Springs, which makes sense but just fyi, no one calls it "Saratoga". It'd be like when people say "Glenn Fall(s)" when they mean Glens Falls. I know what you mean, but it makes it really obvious you don't know the area.

Just messing with you for no reason. I am looking at property in Herkimer county though.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:04 pm

hsilman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:48 am
Hanley wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:45 am
Do you really?
No, Saratoga, NY doesn't exist. Unless you meant the county which would be weird, but if you were serious, you meant Saratoga Springs, which makes sense but just fyi, no one calls it "Saratoga". It'd be like when people say "Glenn Fall(s)" when they mean Glens Falls. I know what you mean, but it makes it really obvious you don't know the area.
I call it Saratoga. I lived there. Lol. My brother and father still live there. I've literally never heard anyone in the region add "Springs".

hsilman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:48 am it makes it really obvious you don't know the area.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:14 pm

hsilman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:48 am No, Saratoga, NY doesn't exist. Unless you meant the county which would be weird, but if you were serious, you meant Saratoga Springs, which makes sense but just fyi, no one calls it "Saratoga".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saratoga,_New_York

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:18 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:14 pm
hsilman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:48 am No, Saratoga, NY doesn't exist. Unless you meant the county which would be weird, but if you were serious, you meant Saratoga Springs, which makes sense but just fyi, no one calls it "Saratoga".
Poor hsilman. Just hasn't been right since that second dose.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Hanley wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:18 pm
mbasic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Poor hsilman. Just hasn't been right since that second dose.
Jesus. I've never heard of it! I grew up in Tupper Lake, so not exactly a stranger.

But damn, when you step int it, I guess it's best to go all the way?

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:31 am

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:48 am

Basically, its a recent paper/article about how repeated vaccination with the mRNA vaccine might be a bad thing. The key is getting vaxxed over and over and over. The vaccine itself is not bad, but repeatedly hitting the human body with it can lead to fuckeryitis

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/11/5/991
We propose a hypothetical immune tolerance mechanism induced by mRNA vaccines, which could have at least six negative unintended consequences:

(1) By ignoring the spike protein synthesized as a consequence of vaccination, the host immune system may become vulnerable to re-infection with the new Omicron subvariants, allowing for free replication of the virus once a re-infection takes place. In this situation, we suggest that even these less pathogenic Omicron subvariants could cause significant harm and even death in individuals with comorbidities and immuno-compromised conditions.

(2) mRNA and inactivated vaccines temporally impair interferon signaling [142,143], possibly causing immune suppression and leaving the individual in a vulnerable situation against any other pathogen. In addition, this immune suppression could allow the re-activation of latent viral, bacterial, or fungal infections and might also allow the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells [144].

(3) A tolerant immune system might allow SARS-CoV-2 persistence in the host and promote the establishment of a chronic infection, similar to that generated by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), the human immune deficiency virus (HIV), and the hepatitis C virus (HCV) [145].

(4) The combined immune suppression (produced by SARS-CoV-2 infection [15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22] and further enhanced by vaccination [142,143,144]) could explain a plethora of autoimmune conditions, such as cancers, re-infections, and deaths temporally associated with both. It is conceivable that the excess deaths reported in several highly COVID-19-vaccinated countries may be explained, in part, by this combined immunosuppressive effect.

(5) Repeated vaccination could also lead to auto-immunity: in 2009, the results of an important study went largely unnoticed. Researchers discovered that in mice that are otherwise not susceptible to spontaneous autoimmune disorders, repeated administration of the antigen promotes systemic autoimmunity. The development of CD4+ T cells that can induce autoantibodies (autoantibody-inducing CD4+ T cells, or aiCD4+ T cells), which had their T cell receptors (TCR) modified, was triggered by excessive stimulation of CD4+ T cells. The aiCD4+ T cell was generated by new genetic TCR modification rather than a cross-reaction. The excessively stimulated CD8+ T cells induced them to develop into cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL) that are specific for an antigen. These CTLs were able to mature further by antigen cross-presentation, so in that situation, they induced autoimmune tissue damage resembling systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) [146]. According to the self-organized criticality theory, when the immune system of the host is continually overstimulated by antigen exposure at concentrations higher than the immune system’s self-organized criticality can tolerate, systemic autoimmunity inevitably occurs [147].

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:31 pm

mbasic wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:48 am Basically, its a recent paper/article about how repeated vaccination with the mRNA vaccine might be a bad thing. The key is getting vaxxed over and over and over. The vaccine itself is not bad, but repeatedly hitting the human body with it can lead to fuckeryitis
So repeatedly pumping shit into your system instead of just letting your existing system adapt to deal with this was somehow a bad thing, and you may have accidentally confused your system that now has no idea how to deal with the illness you're trying to prevent, ironically meaning you might get it more often and more severely?

Wow, color me shocked.

Oh also maybe cancer? Cool!