How come no "Asian Hate" thread?

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

mbasic

How come no "Asian Hate" thread?

Post by mbasic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:00 am

Is this an actual thing ?

Or just something conjured up to bring more racial armies into the coming race war like the last LOTR movie or something?

It didn't gain much traction during the inital Covid19 outbreak; I think most people were/are fairly reasonable ....

Now? Why?

Its kinda backfiring IMO, as certain social-media-entities are citing most of the hate crimes are perpetuated by other certain minorities ....

Kinda ashamed to admit this, my wife (vietnam)** is kinda falling for this bullshit....think the Asian hate thing is more real than it is.

--------------------

** for any of you fuckers who think my wife is some kind of mail order bride thing, go fuck yourself.
I absolutely can't cant stand that shit, and see it more and more. We both want to throw up when we see "those couples".
For starters, we are the same age. She and I were classmates going back to 8th grade in Jr High and High School.
We started dating right after highschool....
2nd, she is a self made woman ... full "self sustainable" or whatever.

GrainsAndGains

Re: How come no "Asian Hate" thread?

Post by GrainsAndGains » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 am

Wow, this post took a dramatic turn. I would never assume that your wife is a mail order bride on the basis of her race, although perhaps others would? Which to me, suggests that there are at least some manifestations of anti-Asian bias out there.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:32 am

GrainsAndGains wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 am I would never assume that your wife is a mail order bride on the basis of her race, although perhaps others would?
Was posting exactly that, at the same time. I don’t think the footnote is needed in this community.

That said, out in the world, yeah, I’m sure you’ve seen some “looks,” @mbasic. My wife is south Asian and, in certain places, I’ve definitely caught them myself. People largely suck.

rjharris

Post by rjharris » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:28 am

lol, +1 on the "holy shit dramatic turn" that's kind of evidence of the thread topic.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:40 am

Actually, the footnote does loosely tie into some of the Asian Hate stuff...stereotypes, etc.
But mostly this 'Thread Topic' is spawned by the stories/posts/media about Asians getting random beat downs on the street, or verbally abused on the public transportation system.

---------------------------

I think this is all noise.
Some of the more internet-famous Asian attacks are just rando-crimes, and/or crazy-quasi-homeless-people on the street.
But it seems certain people are capitalizing on these incidents.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/19/biden-u ... icans.html

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 am

The massage parlor shootings were the ultimate example of this ....

I don't think that guy "hated" the Asian women that used to give him/(or wouldn't) hand jobs erotic massages ... because they were Asian.

At first it was reported as a hate crime.

They had to retract that as the shooter quickly admitted the self-conflicted-sex-addict-meta-excuse (IOW: he's a christian-pschyo).

But now its like: "No it is a hate crime because Asian-fetish-thing-stereotype-objectifying-whatever...."

He shot a couple of palefaces and a Hispanic guy as well ...

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:55 am

I think there are always douchebags out here doing this stuff, I don't think that there's any particular extra anything going on. But once the media starts highlighting it it starts looking a lot more prevalent when normally we are largely unaware of the douchebaggery, because it's not prevalent enough to go on in front of most of us. I don't personally have time for the racist douchebags, and have non issue telling them that, but I'm large enough to do that without fear. The other thing is, the victims are largely going to be small/old/female. The douchebags don't have the balls to act out unless they can be a bully and not be challenged.

hector

Post by hector » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:04 am

I want to assume that the events are not representative of NYC. That a click bait news industry is misrepresenting reality. But if you don't make that assumption then it seems like NYC doesn't care for their Asian population.

The video this morning of that huge guy stomping the Asian women while nobody helped or even spoke up was terrifying.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:30 am

hector wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:04 amThe video this morning of that huge guy stomping the Asian women while nobody helped or even spoke up was terrifying.
This ^.

This thread is odd.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 am

aurelius wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:30 am This thread is odd.
This ^.

5hout

Post by 5hout » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am

aurelius wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:30 am
hector wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:04 amThe video this morning of that huge guy stomping the Asian women while nobody helped or even spoke up was terrifying.
This ^.

This thread is odd.
Also, this one:

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:03 am

5hout wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am
This ^.

This thread is odd.
Also, this one:

How can people just watch that shit? Gross

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am

Hanley wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:03 am
5hout wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am
This ^.

This thread is odd.
Also, this one:

How can people just watch that shit? Gross
Meaning what? Watching the video? Or watching and do nothing to help?

Can’t say I’d step in. Wasn’t there. Didn’t see the whole thing play out. Who started it? Gang related? Does he have a knife? Gun? More buddies on the subway? Am I racists for assuming other black people are his buddies?

Let’s suppose I step in and give the guy a beat down, now am I on video for “violently punching a black man”?

Either way it’d be sickening to watch.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:16 am

I think it is an actual thing. They are a minority that has the highest median household income of any race in the US. I'm glad people are starting to bring the hate to light. It is disgusting to me. I'm not surprised by it though. In our identity politics driven world, it is all about power. Identity groups seem to always be looking for another group to fight.

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:23 am

JohnHelton wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:16 am I think it is an actual thing. They are a minority that has the highest median household income of any race in the US. I'm glad people are starting to bring the hate to light. It is disgusting to me. I'm not surprised by it though. In our identity politics driven world, it is all about power. Identity groups seem to always be looking for another group to fight.
I don’t think it’s a thing, but I’m only basing that on talking to Asian co workers, and Asian friends so it’s a small sample.

There was one “incident” with a slashed tire but I think it wasn’t race related but rather a road rage deal, and the victim happened to be Asian.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 am

Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 amOr watching and do nothing to help?
Yeah, this.
Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am Let’s suppose I step in and give the guy a beat down, now am I on video for “violently punching a black man”?
Maybe I take my training in deescalation for granted, but there's lots of room between passively watching a dude get choked and beating down the black dude.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:33 am

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:42 am

Hanley wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 am
Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 amOr watching and do nothing to help?
Yeah, this.
Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am Let’s suppose I step in and give the guy a beat down, now am I on video for “violently punching a black man”?
Maybe I take my training in deescalation for granted, but there's lots of room between passively watching a dude get choked and beating down the black dude.
I agree....maybe. I can only see from one angle. Who’s recording? I can only see what’s happening, not what’s “ really” happening.

I guess I’m saying every situation is different. From what I saw I don’t know if that could have been de escalated.

If meth is on the table then all bets are off.

DoctorWho

Post by DoctorWho » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:13 am

Cases in the courts now about Asians needing higher test scores to get into selective colleges.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 am

My best friend is Vietnamese and we've always called each other every racist thing under the sun.

He thinks the Asian Hate thing is extremely dumb.