The epic tales of Corn Pop’s young companion (POTUS46 complaint department)

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

DCR

Re: The epic tales of Corn Pop’s young companion (POTUS46 complaint department)

Post by DCR » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:30 am

5hout wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:17 am Lord knows what us vaguely libertarians would need though. Maybe it just flips everything to be a Ron Paul/John Rawls Gary Johnson quote.
More fun.

hector

Re: The epic tales of Corn Pop’s young companion (POTUS46 complaint department)

Post by hector » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:00 pm

JonA wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:48 am
hector wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:32 pm I don’t know if it’s normal.
But an alias seems like one of a number of reasonable precautions to take if you know foreign states are going to try to intercept your email.
Maybe. Email transmission is encrypted and if he followed any sort of precautions, the email itself would be encrypted too.

If a foreign adversary intercepted a transmission from Air Force 2, managed to wrangle enough super computers, running for however many lifetimes of the universe it takes to break modern encryption, I don't think they'll be stymied much by an email alias. "Oops! Turns out this email is just from oj.idenbay@mailgay.com. dang!"
I agree. But if there was a bulk intercept/decryption of a million whitehouse.gov emails, maybe an alias makes it a little tougher. Also, I could be totally wrong.

But there would seem to be a precedent:

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/ ... fbi-228607

And, if I remember right, Clinton didn’t take many safeguards to protect these emails, so maybe an alias is better than nothing? Or maybe it doesn’t make a difference.