Hardartery - Recreational Outrage

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

Hardartery

Re: Hardartery -Recreational Outrage

Post by Hardartery » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:28 am

lheugh wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:42 am
Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:58 am
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:05 pm Nice nice.

They barely know what sourdough is here.
It was fresh made, with butter, and I sprinkled a little pink salt over it. It was hard to stop at 3.
I got a pack of 12 croissants from Costco the other day....and they did not last a day :lol:
The sad truth of carbs, the good ones somehow don't take up any space when you eat them. There's nothing telling you that you ate enough, just that one more won't kill me. Damn you carbs!

lheugh

Post by lheugh » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:22 am

Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:28 am
lheugh wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:42 am
Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:58 am
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:05 pm Nice nice.

They barely know what sourdough is here.
It was fresh made, with butter, and I sprinkled a little pink salt over it. It was hard to stop at 3.
I got a pack of 12 croissants from Costco the other day....and they did not last a day :lol:
The sad truth of carbs, the good ones somehow don't take up any space when you eat them. There's nothing telling you that you ate enough, just that one more won't kill me. Damn you carbs!
Cookies, cake, pastries, even pizza - i could eat all of them endlessly and never feel satiated 😋

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:54 am

Tuesday 11/16/22
Seems silly to log this, but I'll forget I did it otherwise.
Shoulder mobility stuff.

Supported Reverse Rotation thingie - KB
35 x 5 x 3 sets
Weak side dictating reps, which were a little fugly on that side.

Hand Curls
135 on normal bar
50 on the pipe

I have notuce that one of my videos on Youtube had 1 view, and only one. Now it has none. So, someone has figured out how to unwatch something. I want that secret, I would love to unwatch some of the things I have seen in my life.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm

Wednesday 11/16/22

Floor Press
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3

Seated DB Shoulder Press
50 x 5 x 3 sets

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:08 pm

Thursday 11/17/22

Cross Body Triceps Extensions - Neutral grip
50 x 8 x 3 sets
Weak arm (Left) dictated reps, I find these musch more difficult than using the pronated grip.

Cross Body Triceps Extensions - Pronated Grip
50 x 6 x 3 sets
These started immediately after the last set of neutral grip and went on sub-30 second rests after that.

Curls - DB
50 x 10 x 3 sets

Hammer Curls - KB
35 x 8 x 3 sets

Hand Curls plus Rear Raise (Like a Front Raise only behind theback and obviously shorter ROM) - 2" Pipe
90(?) x 10 x 3 sets
I have no idea what that pipe weighs, not much, it's just rigid electrical tubing. This was a 45 on each side. Smoked something in the anterior delt/scapula area. I don't know what, but I sure felt it.

Cross Body Tricep Extensions - KB
35 x 10, 6, 3
Just back and forth until the weak side failed.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:32 pm

Saturday 11/19/22
Total carnage today.
Shoulder warmup stuff with some light front squats

Muscle Snatch to Back Squat
135 x 5

Steinborn Squat
225 x 5 Squats
315 x miss x 2
Second one, my wife called me in the lead up. So, distraction and music stops dead and can't restart until I am done anf go back over to my phone to have Spotify the app on the screen. Sometimes it just does that if anything else is opn on the phone. It was already in my head from the first miss, which was very close and really it was just a slight misposition and I didn't quite get low enough on the bar for the pick. But it was a hairsbreadth from going. The second try I was too slippery from sweat and it just slid off. Ended up losing it forward over my head. I should have gone for 275, but I got greedy.

Jefferson DL
315 x 7 x 2 sets

Had to call it there. Didn't want to. Had to start late because somebody managed to drain the on site water tank today by about noon and city water doesn't kick on until at least 5 PM normally. And I don't lift in 90 degree heat with 90% humidity if I can't get a shower afterwards. Just no.
Oddity to report, I think. I checked my blood sugar before lifting, 100 (Sorry, don't know the metric equivalent offhand for UK and my fellow Canadians). After the session it was 104. I only consumed water for the duration. That seems odd to me.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:26 pm

Thursday 11/24/22
Shoulder warmup stuff, started doing two arm stretch with the long red band. It seems to have worked better than the stuff from the PT.

Muscle Snatch & Strict Press Away
135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

Hang Muscle Snatch & BTN Press Away
135 x 5

I have spent three days procrastinating and finding ways to avoid working out. I don't know what's up with that, maybe @EggMcMuffin has contagious depression. So, not a great workout, honestly. All of the Snatches were slow, I just didn't get any snap on it, it was like a George Foreman punch - it was definitely going but you could see it on it's way in.
On to the old man analysis. I had remarkably good shoulder flexibility from first time I did anything that tested it. Then I didn't. The differences I can identify are first of all the bone spurs. I can blame them and they definitely hurt but I'm pretty sure that they were there 20 years ago just maybe a little smaller. Secondly there is the fact that I had a layoff of several years, particularly from any sort of overhead work. That was a use it or lose it mistake I think. Lastly, I used to do a lot of Flyes with DB's and I had slowly worked my way up to being able to tap the floor every rep lying on a standard bench. That was for high rep sets with 65 lbs per hand. It gave me very good pec development (I did then essentially straight armed, sometimes actually with totally straight arms), but I think it kept everything stretched out and in good shape. The stretching I did today was standing, but I was essentially using that red band in the same way I used to do Flyes to stretch everything out. It worked pretty damn well. Going to do that some more, and start back at the gym soon so I can do some Flyes on a bench.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:29 am

Hardartery wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:26 pm Thursday 11/24/22
Shoulder warmup stuff, started doing two arm stretch with the long red band. It seems to have worked better than the stuff from the PT.

135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

135 x 5

I have spent three days procrastinating and finding ways to avoid working out. I don't know what's up with that, maybe @EggMcMuffin has contagious depression. So, not a great workout, honestly. All of the Snatches were slow, I just didn't get any snap on it, it was like a George Foreman punch - it was definitely going but you could see it on it's way in.
On to the old man analysis. I had remarkably good shoulder flexibility from first time I did anything that tested it. Then I didn't. The differences I can identify are first of all the bone spurs. I can blame them and they definitely hurt but I'm pretty sure that they were there 20 years ago just maybe a little smaller. Secondly there is the fact that I had a layoff of several years, particularly from any sort of overhead work. That was a use it or lose it mistake I think. Lastly, I used to do a lot of Flyes with DB's and I had slowly worked my way up to being able to tap the floor every rep lying on a standard bench. That was for high rep sets with 65 lbs per hand. It gave me very good pec development (I did then essentially straight armed, sometimes actually with totally straight arms), but I think it kept everything stretched out and in good shape. The stretching I did today was standing, but I was essentially using that red band in the same way I used to do Flyes to stretch everything out. It worked pretty damn well. Going to do that some more, and start back at the gym soon so I can do some Flyes on a bench.
Just anecdotal from my own experience but whenever I struggle to get into the gym I'm usually run down as shit

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:58 am

MarkKO wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:29 am

135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

135 x 5

Just anecdotal from my own experience but whenever I struggle to get into the gym I'm usually run down as shit
Too much drama lately I think. I got a massage on Sunday, because my shoulder is always low level sore from the rehab work. It got more sore and stayed that way for a couple of days. I think I need a change of scenery, and th gym will do that. It gives me access to some stuff I don't have but want to use which helps with the ADD. I have been using the same limited stuff for too long. No bench and no rack/squat stands is killing me.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:25 am

Hardartery wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:58 am

135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

135 x 5

Too much drama lately I think. I got a massage on Sunday, because my shoulder is always low level sore from the rehab work. It got more sore and stayed that way for a couple of days. I think I need a change of scenery, and th gym will do that. It gives me access to some stuff I don't have but want to use which helps with the ADD. I have been using the same limited stuff for too long. No bench and no rack/squat stands is killing me.
That definitely wouldn't make life easy. I'm guessing there's a gym somewhere not too far from you?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:31 am

MarkKO wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:25 am

135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

135 x 5

That definitely wouldn't make life easy. I'm guessing there's a gym somewhere not too far from you?
It's 3 or 4 blocks away, I went there before the pandemic, it was running around $10 a month, probably a little more now. It is a serious grimy sweatbox, the only cardio equipment was a stationary bike on the second floor. There are local Plers lifting there. No air, no fans, and it's always 90 degrees (35C?) with 90% humidity here.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:34 pm

Friday 11/25/22

JM Press - EZ Curl Bar
105 x 10
155 x 10, 10, 9

Curls - EZ Curl Bar
warmup w/KB 5 reps
155 x 5 x 3 sets

Cross Body Extensions - KB
35 x 9, 5, 3
Weak arm dictated reps, back and forth (Is this technically MyoReps? This wasn't a term when I was younger..)

Hand Curls
135 x 5
225 x 5 x 3 sets

Edited the weights, I had given myself too much credit.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Hardartery wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:31 am
MarkKO wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:25 am

135 x 2 x 2 sets
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 2
205 x 1

135 x 5

It's 3 or 4 blocks away, I went there before the pandemic, it was running around $10 a month, probably a little more now. It is a serious grimy sweatbox, the only cardio equipment was a stationary bike on the second floor. There are local Plers lifting there. No air, no fans, and it's always 90 degrees (35C?) with 90% humidity here.
That sounds kind of cool and I'm not sure why

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 pm

11/28/22
DL- Conventional
415 x 3 - DOH
495 x 3 - mixed grip
585 x 4 - straps

DL- 3" deficit - conventional
495 x 4 x 2 sets

The ramp up steps with 225, 315 and 405 actually happened yesterday, and then somebody showed up 1 1/2 hours after they were supposed to and ate up the rest of my night. This was after having had to change a tire in a parking lot in dress clothes. The rare occasion I need to be in dress clothes this has to happen, in 95 degree heat. Yay. Today I discovered that my SUV has developed an overheating problem, so I get to try and fix that tomorrow. Hopefully it's straightforward, I don't want to have to try and replace a radiator. I don't want to have to try and find a radiator here. I upped the weight on my last DOH set just to push the grip a little.

Skid

Post by Skid » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:45 pm

Impressive DL's!

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Hardartery wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 pmThis was after having had to change a tire in a parking lot in dress clothes.
For what it's worth, on the rare occasions that I've witnessed this, people look awesome changing tires in dress clothes.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Renascent wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm
Hardartery wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 pmThis was after having had to change a tire in a parking lot in dress clothes.
For what it's worth, on the rare occasions that I've witnessed this, people look awesome changing tires in dress clothes.
Unfoortunately, I kinda looked like I had also been in a swiming pool in those dress clothes by the time I was done. Direct sunlight and high humidity are not my favourite combination, but at least I didn't get dirty.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm

Skid wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:45 pmImpressive DL's!
Thanks man! I'm feeling pretty good with how they are going atm, I feel like I have hit a good groove with frequency and lift variety for the DL right now. I'm going to ride it out.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:23 pm

Renascent wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 pm
I have never witnessed this, but I do imagine that it would look impressive

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:40 pm

11/30/22
Floor Press
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 1 - I seriously thought I had 2 but it just didn't go

Cross Body Tricep Extensions - parallel to body grip
50 x 8 x 3 sets
weak side dictating reps

same thing again but burn out set (Myoreps?) with KB
35 x 8,6,5,3,1

Reverse Rotations - KB
35 x 7 x 2 sets
I videod the second set, to demonstrate what I'm doing and to see how ugly they are. Unfortunately the camera angle sucks seeing the right arm - the better one without the bone spurs.