Rebeka Koha Retires

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mouse

Rebeka Koha Retires

Post by mouse » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am

Popped up in my google feed this morning...

https://barbend.com/weightlifter-rebeka ... es-age-22/

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Rebeka Koha Retires

Post by mgil » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 am

mouse wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am Popped up in my google feed this morning...

Do you follow her on Instagram? I do.

She recently also got engaged and converted fully to Islam. As a part of that, she took down all of her WL stuff and is dressed in conservative attire.

I was expecting her to stick it out until 2021 where she likely would’ve made podium.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:11 am

mgil wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 am
mouse wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am Popped up in my google feed this morning...

Do you follow her on Instagram? I do.

She recently also got engaged and converted fully to Islam. As a part of that, she took down all of her WL stuff and is dressed in conservative attire.

I was expecting her to stick it out until 2021 where she likely would’ve made podium.
Nah, she's just one of the few weightlifter names I recognize haha... didn't know about all that...

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:03 am

yeah....

IWF is total cluster fuck right now, with Ajan (pres) being forced out, bribes and drug scandals getting worse.

And, not accusing her, but people assuming she's completely clean is childish....she could be. She could not be.
Future drug testing will be stringent, it will be hard to dope with Ajan gone now.
If she were clean, I would have to be pretty disgusted if I competitively did WL since age 5 (she did) and all this
shit came out now....and all this time I was likely taking 2nd and 3rd at World level events to dopers.

2020 Olympics got cancelled.
2021 could get chopped if this C19 thing resurges again; very likely because there's huge stockpiles of uninfected people in Asia.
Whole quad-cycle could likely be abandoned.

She might be burnt out.
Competed all the fucking time and every meet possible because she was the best Junior/Youth as well as a competitive senior at the same time.
Look at this shit: https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/athletes_new ... 19&id=7712
You punch anyone else into that data base and no one has a list of international/IWF sanactioned meets that long.
Maybe a lifer who is 35 y.o. or something ..... but not a 22 y.o.
Shit looking at that now, maybe at some point should've spent more time building rather than competing.
Would be nice to see a period in there^ to just train for the long haul and do a few qualifying meets and Worlds in there toward the end of her career. Jesus.
(all this is a "+" for her NOT being a doper; would be hard to do it at that pace; most dopers only hit very specific selective/important meets)

Also, she is maxed out potential-wise too, IMO. I doubt she could add another 5 kg to either SN or even CJ.
9th at most recent worlds. Is always going to lose the Chinese, Nor.K, etc.
That's a super tough weightclass.
Even that Zoey girl from Great Britain out CJ'd/out totalled her in that meet.

Story from coach about her knees giving her trouble now.

She is probably relatively poor in the the grand scheme of things (see Lativa).
That dude she is marrying is Qatari; and is just by being a Qatari citizen/athlete .... is totally taken care of by the State (because oil?).

Off a quick rebound from her last WL'er BF.

The whole hard-core religion thing seems off, yeah, but it the grand scheme of things (statements above) it makes sense.

She could be prego too and we don't know yet.

------------------------------------------

I respect her religion, but the thing in her IG post asking people to delete old pictures of here where her arms, legs, hair, etc exposed is ....IDK.
Images of her all over the place. Hookgrip videos, IWF promotional stuff , etc.
I saw a rando Catalyst Athletics technique/advice video with clips of her in there lifting....

....gonna be hard to wipe her off the internet.
pic of koha doing yogaShow
...fixed, per her request

dw

Post by dw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:06 am

Streisand Effect effectuating at this very moment on my phone.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 am

@mbasic I believe she has just asked for not posting images of her in the future, but not to remove stuff that's already up.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:54 am

damufunman wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 am @mbasic I believe she has just asked for not posting images of her in the future, but not to remove stuff that's already up.
her IG: "‼️As I’m a muslim now I would like to ask you to not post and share any pictures of me (if you have ofc) anywhere for a public use where is seen my hair and/or body(arms, neck, legs).‼️"

l realize English is not her first language and all, and maybe I am dumb as a box of rocks.

But my example:
The the Catalyst Athletics Video that came up in my feed the other day.
Greg has to go in there and chop the clips of her out now.
That's "public use" and "sharing". He has shared and posted her image.
She was IWF lifter of the year I think one time

Some articles that have come out in the last couple of day about her retirement features pictures, or links with images, of her with exposed legs, arms, hair, etc..... for example.

Good luck with that ....
(I realize she probably expects no-one to do much of anything, but moreso has to publicly come up and say that as a "show" that that is her position from here on out...its fine)

--------------------------------------------------------

Another possibility: she competes for Qatar in the future.

stuffedsuperdud

Post by stuffedsuperdud » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:26 pm

mbasic wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:03 am
Off a quick rebound from her last WL'er BF.
My man Suharevs suffered something like 15 years in the friendzone, somehow closed on the old rotten deal, and then.......and then it was over just as quickly as it started. Real life ain't no movie I guess. Then less than a year later he's the entire Latvian team and lifting alone (while Scerbatihs cries in the corner) and they're both looking at Beks like "Who ARE you anymore? Did we ever know you?" which is actually crazier than anything Hollywood could invent.

asdf

Post by asdf » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am

Strange that she recently got all tatted up and now is covering everything.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:59 am

asdf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am Strange that she recently got all tatted up and now is covering everything.
maybe you missed something; she's a devout Muslim now and can't show body-skin or hair ....

asdf

Post by asdf » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:59 am
asdf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am Strange that she recently got all tatted up and now is covering everything.
maybe you missed something; she's a devout Muslim now and can't show body-skin or hair ....
I get that. What's strange is that she went from competing with covered arms but still showing some thigh in August of 2019, to showing off new tattoos on her arm in March of 2020, to being devout and fully-covered in July.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:52 pm

asdf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:41 pm
mbasic wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:59 am
I get that. What's strange is that she went from competing with covered arms but still showing some thigh in August of 2019, to showing off new tattoos on her arm in March of 2020, to being devout and fully-covered in July.
Maybe she was protecting the scars and peeling and shit in Aug 2019 when they were first done, or hiding them, or sometimes those tattoos are done in phases/sections .... so they were incomplete. Or maybe shitty tattoo with some shitty shit (personal stuff gone awry) then didn't want them seen until she had them fixed/drawn over.

But yeah, its ironic (?) shes can't show them off now either way.

Its going to be so weird for her now .....
She might be a little obsessed with her looks and image and what not.
She new exactly how many followers she had/didn't have/new subs in that interview in March'20....

stuffedsuperdud

Post by stuffedsuperdud » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:47 am

@mbasic
"Don't think about it too hard,
too too hard"

She seems to make a lot of wild swings in life and if she were my sister or daughter or something I might be concerned, but alas she's just a stumpy stranger on the internet so.... shrug

Really the most exciting thing about this is that it kind of clears the way for Cristina Iovu to be WL's next social media thirst trap. From her earlier postings, it seems like she's a raging Jesus nut, but judging from her recent stuff it seems like she's figuring out one way a plateaued athlete with multiple busts competing for an uncertain federation can keep the gravy train coming once the glory days end. I await the onlyfans account with (mastur)bated breath.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am

"A travesty, I say. A TRAVESTY! Because of this homewrecker stealing the fan favorite, the commentators at international comps won't have anything to talk about. Knee pain...PISH POSH!

We all had knee pain from prostration before her greatness! Now we have heart pain!

I wear my heart on my sleeve, so when I wiped my face, I got heart all over it.
"

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:26 am

Now married.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 am

mgil wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:26 am Now married.
"Husbands are the protectors and maintainers of their wives because God has given the one more strength than the other and because they support them from their means (Al Nisa 4:34)"

feminists: *minds explode*

liberals: *accepts muslim misogyny*

weightlifting fan: *piece of soul rots off and falls away*

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:30 am

@mbasic yeah, that’s a weird quote.

Her best performance is 103/124 at 59kg. This dude, a discus thrower as a pretty elite level, can snatch maybe 120 and weighs approximately 85kg.

Good luck to her in marriage.

ChrisMcCarthy1979

Post by ChrisMcCarthy1979 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:43 pm

She in Love.

Good luck to 'em both.