Bulking - Sources of carbs for a cheapass/picky eater

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

JeanLannes

Re: Bulking - Sources of carbs for a cheapass/picky eater

Post by JeanLannes » Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm

BenM wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm @JeanLannes there is nothing wrong with WeetBix as a carb source. I grew up on that stuff - at least 4 every morning with milk and brown sugar.

WeetBix does have some added sugar (here in Australia anyway) but not a lot and it's whole grains otherwise. There are higher fibre variants now and all sorts of other cool stuff too.
Only 4? Man I'd eat like 16 a day

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:53 pm

Breakfast cereal, ben&Jerry's froyo, bread, potatoes are all easy choices after the boring shit like protein/fiber/vegetables.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:20 am

Eat the foods that you want to eat. Hit your calorie and protein targets. Don't worry so much about the other stuff. If the carb sources get to be too much volume, then add more fats to the mix. If you are having trouble with the amount of protein required, then drink more whey.

FredM

Post by FredM » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 pm

JohnHelton wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:20 am Eat the foods that you want to eat. Hit your calorie and protein targets. Don't worry so much about the other stuff. If the carb sources get to be too much volume, then add more fats to the mix. If you are having trouble with the amount of protein required, then drink more whey.
This. I was having trouble gaining weight on this bulk so I bought 5 lbs of peppermint patties (my favorite candy as a kid), 10 lbs of sour patch kids, and started putting chocolate syrup in my morning iced coffee. I just eat some extra calories in the form of candy after workouts now to push me over.

For "healthy" food I like oatmeal with peanut butter, jelly, and whey, or with just honey, or with just maple syrup. When I have time I make chocolate chip protein pancakes and am pretty liberal with the maple syrup and whipped cream. I like quaker oats squares a lot too and put some dark chocolate granola in there to push the calories up (super tasty). Finally, greek yogurt with lots of fruit and honey (not super caloric, but super tasty and great macros).

I'm not very muscular but I'm already at the muscle mass level where clean bulking is a hilarious proposal. I enjoy my food on my bulks and just try to keep the fats reasonably low.

Jamiet

Post by Jamiet » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 am

Bagels

ragebb

Post by ragebb » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:32 pm

I rarely eat bread and I really don't like fish. Is there any alternatives to my diet that can help me go on with my work out without losing energy right away? can't afford expensive meats also. Anyone here use supplements to lose weight and gain muscle?

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm

ragebb wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:32 pm I rarely eat bread and I really don't like fish. Is there any alternatives to my diet that can help me go on with my work out without losing energy right away? can't afford expensive meats also. Anyone here use supplements to lose weight and gain muscle?
Lose weight AND gain muscle? Pick one.