Coronavirus

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

weisgarber

Re: Coronavirus

Post by weisgarber » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm

5hout wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:41 am"It is so hard. I have no idea why people continued to procreate after Covid."
I'm hoping that the people in that Reddit community choose not to procreate.

quikky

Post by quikky » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the previous posts from that sub-Reddit. It seems most of those people are young and have legit mental illnesses. The zero Covid thing is just a unifying symptom.

dw

Post by dw » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:07 pm

quikky wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 pm I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the previous posts from that sub-Reddit. It seems most of those people are young and have legit mental illnesses. The zero Covid thing is just a unifying symptom.

Maybe it's like the neurotics' version of r/gangstalking (or something like that, it's all schizophrenics pooling their research on the mysterious people that are stalking them).

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:17 am

quikky wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 pmIt seems most of those people are young and have legit mental illnesses.
Dont know if you've looked around lately but there's a LOT of mental illness out there these days...

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:27 am

mouse wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:17 amDont know if you've looked around lately but there's a LOT of mental illness out there these days...
I understand and somewhat agree with what you are implying here. Snowflakes. I don't even want to discuss the last round of salary adjustments I just went through with my staff... :roll: But they are the snowflakes society raised. Who was giving out those participation trophies and attendance awards? Who lowered the standards in K-12 to pass anyone? Who is rushing to the schools defending the terrible and poor performance of their children when teachers hold them accountable? That was us. It is kind of weird to hear people complain about stuff they did/are doing.

At the same time it is clear to me that the world is a worse place than what it was when I grew up. I'm not speaking to politics which is just a symptom. It is technology and social media especially that plays to the worst in people. Imagine K-12 with a mobile phone and social media. Apps that are designed to be addictive and manipulate individuals constantly pinging them. Billion dollar industries whose sole product is creating outrage and division. It doesn't surprise me that kids and young adults are neurotic messes.

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:15 am

Holy shit those people are insane.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:01 pm

aurelius wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:27 am
mouse wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:17 amDont know if you've looked around lately but there's a LOT of mental illness out there these days...
I understand and somewhat agree with what you are implying here. Snowflakes. I don't even want to discuss the last round of salary adjustments I just went through with my staff... :roll: But they are the snowflakes society raised.
I wish that 'snowflakes' were the worst of my concerns.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 am

mouse wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:01 pmI wish that 'snowflakes' were the worst of my concerns.
I agree.

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Post by BostonRugger » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:57 am

weisgarber wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 pm
5hout wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:41 am"It is so hard. I have no idea why people continued to procreate after Covid."
I'm hoping that the people in that Reddit community choose not to procreate.
They won't, but they will do everything they can to gain power in government and media in order to make future generations think and behave as they do.

5hout

Post by 5hout » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:01 am

This is probably on the edge of mocking and being mean, but given this individual wants to tell everyone else how to run their lives... Send it.

https://twitter.com/blackqueeriroh Meltdown the last few days over the new CDC guidance. I guess when the gov scientists disagree with your, they aren't doing science anymore.

Also (all same person):
If you aren't pro-fat, any of your social justice creds are bullshit.
If your "weight loss journey" is really "just for you," as you claim it is, why are you posting on Twitter about it?
(from a person that posts 5+ times per day)
As if weight loss ever had anything to do with “health,” whatever the fuck that is!
being fat and eating the foods I love when I want is SO MUCH BETTER than being thin and desperately wanting those foods but refusing to let myself have them and calling that some sort of triumph.
Is there any easy way anymore for me to move accounts I’m following from one Twitter acct to another? Finally combining my horny Twitter and my normal one in a feeble attempt at pleasure activism but also bc I want the ppl I’m horny for to know I’m a real person lol
I have a lot of problems with the phrase “touch grass,” mainly because it assumes that one’s physical reality is *necessarily* more valuable and healthier than one’s digital reality.

For marginalized individuals, the above is so often not true.
It’s not a matter of debate that masks work and that COVID is still out there. It’s not a matter of debate that infection can be asymptomatic it’s not a matter of debate that not wearing a mask indoors in public makes it far more likely that you will get COVID.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:28 am

5hout wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:01 am This is probably on the edge of mocking and being mean, but given this individual wants to tell everyone else how to run their lives... Send it.

https://twitter.com/blackqueeriroh Meltdown the last few days over the new CDC guidance. I guess when the gov scientists disagree with your, they aren't doing science anymore.

Also (all same person):
If you aren't pro-fat, any of your social justice creds are bullshit.
If your "weight loss journey" is really "just for you," as you claim it is, why are you posting on Twitter about it?
(from a person that posts 5+ times per day)
As if weight loss ever had anything to do with “health,” whatever the fuck that is!
being fat and eating the foods I love when I want is SO MUCH BETTER than being thin and desperately wanting those foods but refusing to let myself have them and calling that some sort of triumph.
Is there any easy way anymore for me to move accounts I’m following from one Twitter acct to another? Finally combining my horny Twitter and my normal one in a feeble attempt at pleasure activism but also bc I want the ppl I’m horny for to know I’m a real person lol
I have a lot of problems with the phrase “touch grass,” mainly because it assumes that one’s physical reality is *necessarily* more valuable and healthier than one’s digital reality.

For marginalized individuals, the above is so often not true.
It’s not a matter of debate that masks work and that COVID is still out there. It’s not a matter of debate that infection can be asymptomatic it’s not a matter of debate that not wearing a mask indoors in public makes it far more likely that you will get COVID.
It's not a matter of debate that this person is a twat.

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:17 am

A German man voluntarily, and without medical approval, got 217 COVID vaccinations over a 29 month period, including a span where he was vaccinated everyday for a month. (Apparently he was selling vaccination cards to others.) Most of the shots were Pfizer and Moderna. He seems to have suffered no ill effects, and -- not surprisingly, I guess -- appears to have never contracted COVID.

BBC, CNN, Lancet

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:35 am

The new thing going around: is the idea that overvaccination of the adaptive immune system (though repeated vaccine dosing) will sorta suppress your innate, or 1st level, immune system. This idea is not new, but the new idea is maybe people getting 3-4 vaccine shots in a short time period, and then annually .... maybe could lead to some increasing cancer rates.

Innate system attacks any foreign body, infection, or cell that's misbehaving or that is 'out of line' (infected with virus, mutated, etc).
So your innate immune system keeps cancer at bay to a degree. You have giga-jilllion cells all dividing and replicating all the time.
Odds have it that you are regularly creating some defunct tumor cells .... but you innate system recognizes those and takes them out, cleans up that mess.

If you plot out a age graph of when people get diagnosed with cancer, the curve gets really pronounced ('bad') at around age 55, then goes up a quite a bit more to age 75 or 80. If you overlay some metrics on the natural quality of the average person's innate immune system are on the same graph, its almost exactly the inverse of the frequency/odds cancer diagnosis..... that is, it seems as your innate immune system naturally declines with age (around age 55 there are stark declines), your odds for getting cancer almost tracks (perfectly) upward.

Hence, probably the current increase in cancer deaths and diagnosis lately....

And, this is not a anti-vaxx-anti-mRNA-magntic-blood-5G thing .... its what you get from over-activating the secondary/specific immune system with any vaccine. "It" is just being misapplied.

Article of how cancer rates are increasing, especially in younger populations, which is really odd.
(nothing about the vaccine here)
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/early ... r%20people.

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-02-202 ... r-services

Brackish

Post by Brackish » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am

mbasic wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:35 am And, this is not a anti-vaxx-anti-mRNA-magntic-blood-5G thing .... its what you get from over-activating the secondary/specific immune system with any vaccine. "It" is just being misapplied.
Have you found any data supporting that? Everything I read has pointed to lifestyle factors contributing to the rise in cases (e.g. diet, alcohol consumption, etc.).

"A 2019 study co-authored by Jemal found that many of the cancers growing more common among U.S. young adults are linked to obesity, which now affects about 40% of U.S. adults under 40."
https://time.com/6960506/cancer-rates-young-people/

"On a related note, the change in dietary habits, specifically the increase in consumption of ultraprocessed food, and sedentary lifestyles also are associated with higher cancer rates."
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/18/health/c ... index.html

If it were related to over-activating the secondary/specific immune system, then why did the trend start as far back as the 1990s? What vaccines were being given back to back to back, like you mentioned?

"A recent worldwide study of 29 cancers found that cancer rates across the globe have dramatically increased in people under the age of 50 since 1990."
https://healthmatters.nyp.org/what-to-k ... er-people/

I don't think the two are related, personally. It's pretty well known that most of the things mentioned in the sources above (i.e. obesity, eating ultra-processed foods to excess, drinking alcohol to excess, etc.) also have a negative effect on one's immune system. Why are those not the cause but over-vaccination is? I know you said it's "not a anti-vaxx" thing, but it sure sounds like it based on what you wrote.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm

slight bump up in cancer rates over the last two years ON TOP OF the already slow steady increase of cancer (since the 90's that you elude to)

I would agree the list of "social ills" (diet, no exercise, drugs, alcohol, toxic environment) are the bigger and more worrisome causes.....

Nothing like putting a malignant cherry on top of an already carcinogenic sundae .... (maybe 'sprinkles' over the top of would be a more accurate proportionate analog)

Philbert

Post by Philbert » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm

mbasic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm slight bump up in cancer rates over the last two years ON TOP OF the already slow steady increase of cancer (since the 90's that you elude to)

I would agree the list of "social ills" (diet, no exercise, drugs, alcohol, toxic environment) are the bigger and more worrisome causes.....

Nothing like putting a malignant cherry on top of an already carcinogenic sundae .... (maybe 'sprinkles' over the top of would be a more accurate proportionate analog)
Most cancers have a long enough latency that diagnosis now cannot relate to initial carcinogenic events occurring within the last 4 years. Getting fatter and more alcoholic will absolutely make some cancers grow faster, which would bring forward the diagnosis of cancer already established, causing an appearance of increased incidence. Innate immunosuppression will also accelerate growth of existing cancers, so not ruling out some effect from that. My personal experience with people who are way down the rabbit hole is that talking about the carcinogenic effects of vaccines and other actual or purported governmentally endorsed toxins is a defense against considering the far more significant adverse health effects of their personal choices. Not saying this is you, just that the people who most strongly engage with and sincerely believe in these ideas are universally making disproportionately poor personal heath choices. At the other end of the vaccine acceptance/skepticism spectrum they are of course doing the exact same thing, as evidenced by remarks about fat positivity quoted in the thread above.
And it is allude, since Dirtyred seems to have found something else to do with his life.