All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

ErminK

Re: Juggernaut Artificial Intelligence Powerlifting Coaching

Post by ErminK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:49 am

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 am

ChrisMcCarthy1979 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:41 am Is AI supposed to be better than, er...I?
No, but it should be cheaper.

LexAnderson
small whoopie mouse

Post by LexAnderson » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 am

Elon Musk has warned us about this stuff guys.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 am

LexAnderson wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 am Elon Musk has warned us about this stuff guys.
‘Mark my words — switch statements are far more dangerous than nukes’

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Now that it's been officially released has anyone taken the plunge?

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:43 pm

leprechaun71 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:21 pm Now that it's been officially released has anyone taken the plunge?
I used it for about 6 weeks right when it released.. the app is Very well done. $30/month seems pretty fair IMO for what you are getting. I mean, $20 would be better, but there is a Lot there. The exercise substitutions available are excellent.. there are tons to choose, with great variety and short demo videos (watching Chad demonstrate core exercises is pretty comical/impressive). I was in a hypertrophy block to start and it really got me doing some fun stuff that I haven't done in years (incline Db bench press, bicep & tricep work, different kinds of core stuff, etc.). They have a very active facebook group which has some decent info and good people (of course some boneheads on there too). It's pretty simple to switch from 3 day to 4 day to 5 day, etc. or to change your meet day. I may circle back to it, but I kinda jumped into too much deadlift volume too quick and it was putting some uncool strain on my lower back. It did do a real nice job of adjusting my volume and weights when I inputted that my back was sore... it was really my fault for going from 0-100 too quick. I'm running a simple LP now for a 1-2 months, then I may jump back to the Jugg AI app.

Any questions, ask away, but like I said, I only got about 6 weeks in.. :) I will say, I LOVE working off an app for workouts instead of spreadsheets on a computer (or phone).. ie Barbell Medicine.. Things just work so well with an app built from the ground up..

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback and you already answered one of my questions. I was going to jump back in after a fairly decent lay off but was afraid of the volume. $30 a month seems a little high especially we no discount for buying multiple months available. Right now I am trying to deicide between this one and Sheiko Gold. Based on reviews/comments over at Reddit Powerlifting and Weigthroom, I am leaning towards the Sheiko program.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:10 pm

leprechaun71 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:48 pm Thanks for the feedback and you already answered one of my questions. I was going to jump back in after a fairly decent lay off but was afraid of the volume. $30 a month seems a little high especially we no discount for buying multiple months available. Right now I am trying to deicide between this one and Sheiko Gold. Based on reviews/comments over at Reddit Powerlifting and Weigthroom, I am leaning towards the Sheiko program.
Yeah I went from 1-2x a week of maintenance lifting for about 6 months to 4x week JuggAI programming.. not smart. It's been kinda rough adjusting to 3 young kiddos and a very stressful new job. :| My main reason for trying the 4x per week is the sessions weren't as long as the 3x per week sessions...

I talked to a few lifters that used the older Jugg AI version with spreadsheets and the volume on that stuff was nuts. They made MAJOR improvements with the app. It will knock off sets and weights if you are honest about your recovery and your RPE on prior sets. I really enjoyed it and plan to move to it after about 6 weeks of linear progression (on week 4 now, finally getting consistent again).

TimF

Post by TimF » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:29 am

Bringing back this thread as I just signed up for the two week trial of the Juggernaut AI app. Watching all of Brandon Campbell's videos convinced me to give it a try. I'm currently on a cut so I'm not expecting huge gains right now, but I need something different to do. My main concern is the amount of time each workout will take. I only have an hour to workout in the mornings so I have to move fast.
I'm doing a Powerbuilding program, 70% PL focus. We'll see what happens.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 am

TimF wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:29 am Bringing back this thread as I just signed up for the two week trial of the Juggernaut AI app. Watching all of Brandon Campbell's videos convinced me to give it a try. I'm currently on a cut so I'm not expecting huge gains right now, but I need something different to do. My main concern is the amount of time each workout will take. I only have an hour to workout in the mornings so I have to move fast.
I'm doing a Powerbuilding program, 70% PL focus. We'll see what happens.
I really think the app and programming are very well done. I've tried a few different apps and I love how easy it is to swap exercises and also how it modulates your volume based on your pre-session fatigue ratings. I just kinda despise the monthly fee, but I'm tight with my play funds.. lol. Let us know what you think.

Cleverusername

Post by Cleverusername » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm

Any updates from those that are still using this programming?

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:24 am

Here's some thoughts from Mr. Campbell:

TimF

Post by TimF » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:15 am

Cleverusername wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm Any updates from those that are still using this programming?
I've been using it for 10 weeks now, and I really like it. I've been doing a cut at the same time, so it may not be as effective as otherwise, but I think the app takes that into account. I'm doing a Powerbuilding work out, with a focus of 70% powerlifting. It gave me two hypertrophy blocks followed by a strength block. That repeats and then I have a peaking block to finish up.

Overall I like that I don't have to think about anything, and I can just hit start in the app and go. It will take into account session fatigue along with individual set fatigue. For example, if it wants me to do 5 sets of pull-ups, but on the second set I only get half of what's prescribed, it will remove the remaining sets.

One downside is the workouts can be long if you're not strict on the rest timer. It will superset some of the accessories, but I've taken to supersetting just about all the accessory movements to save time.

Cleverusername

Post by Cleverusername » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:45 pm

TimF wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:15 am
Cleverusername wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:37 pm Any updates from those that are still using this programming?
I've been using it for 10 weeks now, and I really like it. I've been doing a cut at the same time, so it may not be as effective as otherwise, but I think the app takes that into account. I'm doing a Powerbuilding work out, with a focus of 70% powerlifting. It gave me two hypertrophy blocks followed by a strength block. That repeats and then I have a peaking block to finish up.

Overall I like that I don't have to think about anything, and I can just hit start in the app and go. It will take into account session fatigue along with individual set fatigue. For example, if it wants me to do 5 sets of pull-ups, but on the second set I only get half of what's prescribed, it will remove the remaining sets.

One downside is the workouts can be long if you're not strict on the rest timer. It will superset some of the accessories, but I've taken to supersetting just about all the accessory movements to save time.
Appreciate the feedback.

Cleverusername

Post by Cleverusername » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:59 pm

Jumped in, doing the powerbuiding program. Kinda fun so far, doing a bunch of new to me movements.

Does the app change when you do a deload based on your recovery score?
Right now it’s got me scheduled to deload every fourth week. Seems a little excessive to be on deload 25% of the time.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 am

I really like a lot of the stuff discussed in the review. Some of those things I've actually mentioned wanting in the Workout Builder from Layne Norton, particularly the exercise selection changing for the whole block. In the workout builder I have now, I can't remember if I changed an exercise or if the program intends me to do something different.
Cleverusername wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:59 pm Does the app change when you do a deload based on your recovery score?
Right now it’s got me scheduled to deload every fourth week. Seems a little excessive to be on deload 25% of the time.
This is also something I didn't like much about the Biolayne Builder. Going from 4 sets of 8 at 0 Reps in Reserve / RPE10 to 3 sets of 8 @7 seems like... a waste of time? Though to be fair, I ignored that, and it ended up not going well for me, so...

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:30 pm

TimF wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:15 am One downside is the workouts can be long if you're not strict on the rest timer. It will superset some of the accessories, but I've taken to supersetting just about all the accessory movements to save time.
Define "long." I've got an hour, 70min tops to get in and out. My goals are more like 80% hypertrophy.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Can you enter a meet date into the app and have it handle the peaking?

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:55 am

JohnHelton wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:09 pm Can you enter a meet date into the app and have it handle the peaking?

I don't know about the Juggernaut one but you can do it with Sheiko Gold.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:24 am

leprechaun71 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:55 am
JohnHelton wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:09 pm Can you enter a meet date into the app and have it handle the peaking?

I don't know about the Juggernaut one but you can do it with Sheiko Gold.
Interesting. I didn't even know that Sheiko had an app.