XFit

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mbasic

Re: XFit

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:34 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am
...where they can buy their grass fed whey protein,
and their "tainted" preworkouts/recovery drinks that they totally don't know that there's SARMS in there ;) because no one has ever heard of that ever happening to anyone ever big surprise OMG can't believe there is stanzobol in my raspberry flavor electrolyte drink totally did not know I should get only two year ban because my boyfriend has be using tren and blew a big load in me last night and my body absorbed it or it fell out into the test cup nevermind a have vein-ey 12 pack abs and trapz up to my ears I just have those hidden testicles the size a peas in my stomach and am a high responder to training I should only get a 90 day ban for realz buy my skin care products and my red-dot wacky electro-doo-dad-thing that I use because I'm elleeeete discount code is TaintedMexicoMeat please follow me and lyke this post and sign up for my Olympic technique seminar on July 30th for $400 because I'm a slightly above average lifter in everyway but I know how to coach the classic lifts even though I'm not a coach these hair products are the best and I have only been lifting for a few years but my boyfriend taugh me everything there is to know about olympic lifting and I can get your Fran time down 15% you pee CokeZero though but hey no pain no gain did I mention discount code TaintedCreatine? please like my video "Keto, you are probably doing it wrong" BRB going to use a jigsaw with the ping pong ball attachment to breakup fascia lesions on my coccygeus magnus feelz good oh yeah #metoo don't objectify me I'm just an athlete trying to make a buck doing what a love same as anyother athlete here's a nice selfie of me doing a walking handstand on a beach in a thong and praise jesus and only through the power of christ could a accomplish what I do accept the lord as your savior use discount code:Ostarineinmyorganiceyeliner here's a close up pic of me with a fuckton of makeup on and borderline eating disorder but I' not a role model like charles barkley look at me a selfie with my thumb in my tight see thru boy short pulling my waistband down to my monspubis see my ab vein can only get this way using Isagenix Nutrition Projects discount code MK-2866 my coach kept my SSB that's not his is was for me going see if I can post myself working out at 12 different gym this week because its cool to hop all around and train on my fifth coach in two years but I didn't rape that girl in the dorms, that's all a rumor gonna quit the sport because reasons can clean 524 pounds but not gonna compete just lift on the grams #winning oh that reminds me: discount codeWIN-14833 here a selfie of me in booty shorts doing technique work drill with bands with more camel toe than Saudi Arabia I work so hard and my technique is great but I can't hit an opening snatch at worlds three times in a row oh well shit happens it was the lords plan for me gonna squat 275 kg for a double but can't stand up with 190 on my shoulders because reasons sign up for my technique seminar for $550 even though a look like a newborn foal thats walking for the first time when I snatch I want to like like a Fronning and play community college baseball and be the fittest man on earth because he's the best nevermind the NFL/NBA/MLB guys they don't even functional fitness patterns look at my abz discount code:WADAISLAME praise christ let the spirit into your life see my selfie with my dogs but I travel all the time so are they really my pets if someone else has to take care of them 40% of the time my ass looks great in these shorts that are two sizes too small
OMG this so funny
(semi NSFW..becuz u guise r a bunch of proods):

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 pm

michael wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 pm
asdf wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:22 pm I can't tell if you're joking or not. Surely, you don't actually think that 60% of our diet should be starch and sugar. Maybe you meant carbs? Or you're just joking. Right?
Starch and sugar are the only carbs.
Not quite, but as far as caloric density, yes most of the calories will be from sugar and starches. Non starchy vegetables have a negligible calorie The. You're right about the percentage of diet though. Even higher for athletes.

ETA it looks you answered yourself. Carry on

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm

SeanHerbison wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 am
DirtyRed wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pmI move that this thread be moved out of Strength Sports on the basis that CrossFit isn't a sport and no one in it is strong
Didn't some of them out-deadlift you, DR?
Deadlift is the peasant lift. I squat more than them, therefore I'm stronger.

I also don't squat in the rain, therefore I'm smarter.
Remember when he was challenging people to shirtless deadlifts?
No, I do not. Where was this?
Here, and also here.

SeanHerbison
Zercher Pro

Post by SeanHerbison » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:10 pm

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pmDeadlift is the peasant lift.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm

asdf wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 pm Before I respond, I'd like to ask @KyleSchuant how much actual experience you have with CrossFit. Have you ever attended a seminar? Read the Level 1 materials? Watched a lecture by Glassman? Trained in a CrossFit gym?

I ask because it honestly doesn't seem like you know that much about the organization. You're entitled to your opinions, of course, they just seem poorly informed. Anyway...
KyleSchuant wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm Show me the Crossfit HQ equivalent of this article, or the several others talking about training Down's Syndrome kids, or 90yo women, and so on.
Dude, there are hundreds of such articles and videos. Here are a few to get you started:

In Issue 26 of the CrossFit Journal, way back in 2004, there's an article about a 69-year-old grandma training CrossFit. In the same issue, there's an article about how to scale CrossFit benchmark workouts for "grandmas"

Here's a video from 2007 of a 60-year-old couple being taught how to snatch.

Google "CrossFit Old People" and you'll see links to recent videos and articles in the mainstream media about 94-, 77-, and 78-year-old praising the benefits of CrossFit training. Search results vary by individual and region of course, so I can't guarantee you'll see the same thing.

Here are some other CrossFit articles about coaching older people:

Coaching the Elderly - Introduction from 2008

Training Silvers from 2010.

CrossFit After 40 from 2010.

There are tons of CrossFit articles and videos about training people with disabilities.

Here's one from 2013.

Lots of CrossFit gyms have dedicated programs for people with disabilities. Here's one. Here's another.

CrossFit currently offers a specialty course on Adaptive Training, "designed to teach trainers and athletes how to make CrossFit accessible to impaired athletes."

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
So , what do your think will happen if Crossfit goes into a more sensable health approach...like BBM or say even SS (eldery people, etc) ?

Like, if they got their programming straightened out, got away from the toxic social media aspect, and truly focused on helping the every day Joe.
.....obese guy, older osteo-girl, diabetic dude, and elderly ed???

hmmmmmmm, just think about how glorious that would be (with their reach and infrastructure they have in place).

change the world man.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm
asdf wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 pm Before I respond, I'd like to ask @KyleSchuant how much actual experience you have with CrossFit. Have you ever attended a seminar? Read the Level 1 materials? Watched a lecture by Glassman? Trained in a CrossFit gym?

I ask because it honestly doesn't seem like you know that much about the organization. You're entitled to your opinions, of course, they just seem poorly informed. Anyway...
KyleSchuant wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm Show me the Crossfit HQ equivalent of this article, or the several others talking about training Down's Syndrome kids, or 90yo women, and so on.
Dude, there are hundreds of such articles and videos. Here are a few to get you started:

In Issue 26 of the CrossFit Journal, way back in 2004, there's an article about a 69-year-old grandma training CrossFit. In the same issue, there's an article about how to scale CrossFit benchmark workouts for "grandmas"

Google "CrossFit Old People" and you'll see links to recent videos and articles in the mainstream media about 94-, 77-, and 78-year-old praising the benefits of CrossFit training. Search results vary by individual and region of course, so I can't guarantee you'll see the same thing.

There are tons of CrossFit articles and videos about training people with disabilities.

Here's one from 2013.

Lots of CrossFit gyms have dedicated programs for people with disabilities. Here's one. Here's another.

CrossFit currently offers a specialty course on Adaptive Training, "designed to teach trainers and athletes how to make CrossFit accessible to impaired athletes."

So , what do your think will happen if Crossfit goes into a more sensable health approach...like BBM or say even SS (eldery people, etc) ?

Like, if they got their programming straightened out, got away from the toxic social media aspect, and truly focused on helping the every day Joe.

hmmmmmmm, just think about how glorious that would be (with their reach and infrastructure they have in place).

change the world man.
They would no longer be crossfit if all of the above was true. You are referencing the what ifs regarding wholesale organizational and philosophical change, like what if Karl Marx built a time machine and became best buddies with Adam Smith. It is fun to theorize but Crossfit is far more likely to move in a healthier direction insofar as to say all carbs are bad, i.e. soda is the new soylent green and recommend cleans and snatches for septuagenarians to fight skin cancer.

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:52 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm So , what do your think will happen if Crossfit goes into a more sensable health approach...like BBM or say even SS (eldery people, etc) ?

change the world man.
I think they already have a perfectly sensible approach to training older folks, the obese, the severely deconditioned, those with disabilities, etc. Scaling has always been a fundamental tenet of CrossFit. Similarly, they've always preached Mechanics, then Consistency, then Intensity.

(Yes, I realize that not every affiliate is as careful as they should be. That's the problem with these discussions. What is CrossFit? Their methods as outlined by Glassman in his foundational articles or as implemented by their sometimes poorly qualified coaches?)

I don't think their social media stuff (which I certainly agree has been extremely toxic at times) really has a very significant impact on participation in local markets. Meaning, most people who go to CrossFit gyms aren't following all of the drama from HQ, the Games, the high-profile athletes, the lawsuits, etc.

On the one hand, they would seem to have the infrastructure and resources in place to significantly effect change. But a lot of what they're attempting to do now (lobby Congress, pass or prevent legislation, crush the NCSA and big soda) requires a very different skill set and I'm not sure they'll be able to pull it off.

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Out of curiosity, I decided to see how many older folks signed up for the CrossFit Open this year.
  • Nearly 31,000 men over the age of 45, about half of whom were over 50.
  • Over 23,000 women over the age of 45, about half of whom were over 50.
Pretty incredible.

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:58 am

Wilhelm wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:54 am
KyleSchuant wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Denying yourself grains, absent medical reasons to do so, makes no more sense for your physical health than denying yourself pork and seafood
You can be healthy and still eat grain, but there are a myriad of physiologically beneficial effects of being in nutritional ketosis.

You are most definitely not informed on the subject.
Like what? Keto is only useful insofar as it allows greater compliance, unless you want to throw some spurious studies with poor context at us.

OrderInChaos

Post by OrderInChaos » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 pm

ChasingCurls69 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:58 am
Wilhelm wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:54 am You can be healthy and still eat grain, but there are a myriad of physiologically beneficial effects of being in nutritional ketosis.
You are most definitely not informed on the subject.
Like what? Keto is only useful insofar as it allows greater compliance, unless you want to throw some spurious studies with poor context at us.
I just wanted to note that @Wilhelm is the least dogmatic, rigid thinker I've ever interacted with in discussions of ketogenic dieting. We both found greater compliance, less cravings, etc. to be the strongest benefits of the diet, but don't have any elements of our identity attached to it. Decent success and a modest appreciation for it, at least in my case. (He's more successful and I can't speak to his stances!)

I'm curious which studies you believe to be spurious and on what grounds their findings are specious. Treating ketosis as a health panacea is obviously not wise, but my experience has been that it's rather helpful in a sedentary, "Modern Developed World" lifestyle and probably extends beyond mere weight loss in that sense (my BP dropped more than it would've been predicted to do at ~~20 pounds of BW loss, no idea about other metrics because I never do labs... but blood cholesterol and insulin levels seem to be a major area that likely benefits from serious carbohydrate restriction).

I'm not eating keto-style now; I've stabilized at a tolerable weight, and am considerably more active than I was 6 months ago; beans, some grains, some rice aren't killing me or producing adverse health outcomes. I'm just interested in the vehement opposition. Caveat: Ketologues are a massive pain in the ass and do disservice to any credibility the method may have of its own merits. If you're displeased with that... I'm with you, I'd bet a sum that @Wilhelm would be too.

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm

@OrderInChaos it's mostly vehement opposition to ketologues and reference to how most similar restrictive diets are supported by spurious study citing when there's not any practical significance. Probably a shitty way to ask about the physiological benefits since I'm coming in as someone who dislikes keto. Do you remember Carb Backloading and the guy's ebook with like 100 cited studies? Then I watched my friends get fat and pre-diabetic while training.

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am

@OrderInChaos I like your take on this. I'm doing the opposite of keto, eating a very high carb diet and it's working very well for me. I'm also hiking and cycling 4-5 days a week too, so I need the carbs.

My issue with the ketologues is the same with the atkins/paleo/taubes people, they vilify carbs and lump things like cookies, doughnuts, sheet cakes, the buttered bun on an 1800 calorie bacon cheeseburger, and pizza in with things like rice and beans, fruit, starchy vegetables and wheat. No mention of the Extremely high fat content, just the fact that carbs are bad and cause diabetes and obesity.

I have never done a keto diet, so I can't speak to it, but I've done low carb diets and they have not done anything for me except give me a nice dad bod and poor conditioning. I felt flat and very lazy. I needed 2 scoops pre workout just to train, and wouldn't have any energy before or after. Now I'm good for a training session and a ride on my bike afterwards.

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 am

MPhelps wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am I have never done a keto diet, so I can't speak to it, but I've done low carb diets and they have not done anything for me except give me a nice dad bod and poor conditioning. I felt flat and very lazy. I needed 2 scoops pre workout just to train, and wouldn't have any energy before or after. Now I'm good for a training session and a ride on my bike afterwards.
What did you replace the carb calories with?

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 am

MPhelps wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am I have never done a keto diet, so I can't speak to it, but I've done low carb diets and they have not done anything for me except give me a nice dad bod and poor conditioning. I felt flat and very lazy. I needed 2 scoops pre workout just to train, and wouldn't have any energy before or after. Now I'm good for a training session and a ride on my bike afterwards.
Indeed, if you go low carb, but not low enough to flip the metabolic switch into ketosis, then you are still relying on primarily burning glucose, and at the same time starving yourself of it.

There are challenges (and workarounds) with keto for strength sports, and it's probably not what you want if you are competing at a very high level.
On demand carbs is something i did for my meet. 85% cacao content dark chocolate bars worked great, and i wasn't much over 50 grams carbs for the whole day, where i normally get 20 to 30 max.

Normally i just utilize MCT oil in a shake before lifting. I've had decent results with the weights so far.
Also, imo, creatine is pretty much essential for weight training on keto.

Probably the best thing most people can do for their diet, is cut out sugar and industrial seed oils, and get their magnesium and vitaman D3.

For the record, i do not introduce keto into conversations here without reason, and i did not introduce the subject in this thread.

The off the cuff, unsupported, claim by Kyle, that there are no more positive effects observed from nutritional ketosis that there are from eschewing food for religious reasons, is simply not true.

There is a huge amount of scientific work going on in this field, much of it based on teasing out mechanisms of observed effects.
And there are truly shit studies people love to point to to try and show KD as being dangerous.
One in particular done on a very poorly formulated diet in children, made up of 90% fat, that, iirc, was hydrogenated.
Yeah, that is not going to produce a healthful result.

Healthy kids have a very high carb tolerance, and growth and development can be impaired by them doing LCHF.
Serious researchers in the field are pretty clear on this.
It's can be a much different story in older people.

So i am done using up my time here.
Just think and research for yourself before accepting the "common sense" opinions on this topic.

There are many ways to eat healthily.
If you hate a diet, try and find one you like, and that gives you the results you want.

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm

cgeorg wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 am
What did you replace the carb calories with?
Protein

OrderInChaos

Post by OrderInChaos » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:48 pm

ChasingCurls69 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm @OrderInChaos it's mostly vehement opposition to ketologues and reference to how most similar restrictive diets are supported by spurious study citing when there's not any practical significance. Probably a shitty way to ask about the physiological benefits since I'm coming in as someone who dislikes keto. Do you remember Carb Backloading and the guy's ebook with like 100 cited studies? Then I watched my friends get fat and pre-diabetic while training.
I get it, and demagoguery is really, really bad in any field. Because of direct impact on health and longevity, maybe even worse on a per-individual basis than in academia, politics, and even when initial motivations are altruistic. The same flaws as make StSt-Logic and fatfucking really heinous, instead of just telling 'a minority of serious powerlifters' to push toward or beyond 265. "Everyone needs to weight 240+, it's not just strength, it's health, ideology, life, hell, meaning altogether."

Unfamiliar with the diet in question, but I get the principle. I just chose to experiment on myself since there's a modest body of decent data indicating potential benefits, and I profited modestly along with. If you're doing well as is, I'm definitely not trying to sell you on it... just to suggest that maybe the well executed version has solid value in post-pubescent, overall sedentary adults.

Thanks for explaining, man.
MPhelps wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am OrderInChaos I like your take on this. I'm doing the opposite of keto, eating a very high carb diet and it's working very well for me. I'm also hiking and cycling 4-5 days a week too, so I need the carbs.
Awesome it's working for you! If you know who Cameron Hanes is (ultramarathoner and bow hunter backwoods kind of guy, also modestly into lifting), he alternates from a purer keto diet during the less-running season of his year, toward something with 100-200g of carbs a day. With his training volume he could plausibly still sustain ketosis, but I don't think it's an unsound principle to jack up carbs, especially with conditioning/mixed modality work of substantial volume in the picture.
MPhelps wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 am My issue with the ketologues is the same with the atkins/paleo/taubes people, they vilify carbs and lump things like cookies, doughnuts, sheet cakes, the buttered bun on an 1800 calorie bacon cheeseburger, and pizza in with things like rice and beans, fruit, starchy vegetables and wheat. No mention of the Extremely high fat content, just the fact that carbs are bad and cause diabetes and obesity.
Couple of points here; I think you've also identified the reprehensible demagoguery that carries nigh-religious adherence and exclusion of dissent. Ketologues often do the same, and commit that "I ate pizza [omitted: it was the whole Papa John's Pizza] and feel bad, Gluten Intolerance!!/Carb Intolerance!!" fallacy. In my case, because I knew I wouldn't be dining out at all and had to shop smart, ate on the whole about 20x better after I switched. Instead of "bacon and cheeseburgers on lettuce" like a poorly executed plan, I was grilling a lot, eating some cheese and nuts, and drastically upped my cruciferous game.

What is worth addressing is whether ketosis driven improvements in bloodwork and carbohydrate 'sensitivity' (maybe just another [inverse] proxy for insulin sensitivity) 1) are real and demonstrated, and 2) would have value to diabetic or generally insulin resistant folks while dieting. I think evidence gently leans toward yes for both. Which of course counts on solid execution, not the "cheese, salami, and bacon" diet, and someone whose aesthetic tolerates high fat, very low carb.
@Wilhelm covered this perfectly, my energy levels were better and cravings less within a week-10 days of implementing <30g carbs/day. If you ever try it again, would recommend being pretty rigid in those first two weeks before pushing back towards 50-60-75g carbs/day. Glad your current diet is working though, and supports your peripheral activities as well as lifting. If you're doing all that and getting on, there's no practical reason to mess with it until you plateau or just get curious!
Wilhelm wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 am ...There is a huge amount of scientific work going on in this field, much of it based on teasing out mechanisms of observed effects.
And there are truly shit studies people love to point to to try and show KD as being dangerous.
One in particular done on a very poorly formulated diet in children, made up of 90% fat, that, iirc, was hydrogenated.
Yeah, that is not going to produce a healthful result.

Healthy kids have a very high carb tolerance, and growth and development can be impaired by them doing LCHF.
Serious researchers in the field are pretty clear on this.
It's can be a much different story in older people...
There's a sense in which this Nuckols article {https://www.strongerbyscience.com/being ... -you-back/}
recently shared in Rippened may have some application to discussion of ketosis. If ketosis executed well (i.e. not strictly cured meats, soft cheeses, and token, rare veggies) can fairly reliably improve insulin sensitivity, that's hugely powerful... and is inversely so for those who're already pretty insulin sensitive (active; young; high-intensity athletes; genetically 'lucky'). Hmm...

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Here's one from 2013.

change the world man.
They would first have to nail down exactly what their "programming" currently is. Every time someone tries to point out how absolutely fucking stupid the absolutely fucking stupid shit they do on a regular basis is, the nuthuggers hasten to shriek "BUT THAT'S NOT REALLY CROSSFIT THO!!1!" When asked what CrossFit is, they can never give an answer that isn't just vague bullshit.

If CrossFit had actual programming for strength and stamina that was rooted in Reality and not in trying to show off for Instagram, it'd just be regular fucking training everyone with half a brain already does, and they'd lose the marketing gimmick, which is all that tire fire ever had in the first place.
asdf wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:52 pm
mbasic wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 pm So , what do your think will happen if Crossfit goes into a more sensable health approach...like BBM or say even SS (eldery people, etc) ?

change the world man.
I think they already have a perfectly sensible approach to training older folks, the obese, the severely deconditioned, those with disabilities, etc. Scaling has always been a fundamental tenet of CrossFit. Similarly, they've always preached Mechanics, then Consistency, then Intensity.
"Do as I say, not as I do," then?

I think "paid hollow lip service to" is a better way to phrase that.

But yeah, CrossFit has such a great history of teaching the mentally disabled good form.
On the one hand, they would seem to have the infrastructure and resources in place to significantly effect change. But a lot of what they're attempting to do now (lobby Congress, pass or prevent legislation, crush the NCSA and big soda) requires a very different skill set and I'm not sure they'll be able to pull it off.
It's what they've always been good at: Attention whoring and producing hot air.
asdf wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:28 pm Out of curiosity, I decided to see how many older folks signed up for the CrossFit Open this year.
  • Nearly 31,000 men over the age of 45, about half of whom were over 50.
  • Over 23,000 women over the age of 45, about half of whom were over 50.
Pretty incredible.
Given what "competitive CrossFit" invariably is, this runs directly contradictory to any claims that CrossFit "scales" for the old and infirm, or emphasizes decent form, or isn't just a shitshow full of assclowns.

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:56 am

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 am But yeah, CrossFit has such a great history of teaching the mentally disabled good form.
Incredibly disappointed that wasn't this.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 am

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 am "Do as I say, not as I do," then?

I think "paid hollow lip service to" is a better way to phrase that.
Strongly agree.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:46 am

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 amrant that is borderline offensive and is violating terms of conduct
@DirtyRed, I’m not stating that your opinions are wrong, rather that since this isn’t that certain subforum, your dialogue should strive to fit within the rules of the general forum.

I also have to remind myself of this from time to time and end up editing my own content such that the words are going to be overly offensive and/or trip filters (out of respect to others that do contribute but their workplaces have somewhat stringent rules and standards in place).

If you’d like to rail against XFit in an obscenity-laden and offensive post, as I will understand that sometimes taking an extreme position can lead to effective discussion, you’re more than welcome to kick off a thread or reference this one in the other forum.

For reference, I’ve waited for three reports to accumulate before making this post. I’ll be happy to discuss further via PM.