Hello

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

JimRiley

Hello

Post by JimRiley » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi, everyone. I just want to say hi and congratulate you all on the new forum! It’s quite a breath of fresh air compared to, y'know, that other site.

I quit posting (as Jimmer) on that site in June of last year, in response to the "interesting exchange" thread; to me that's when the shark got jumped. I’ve kept reading the site from time to time as a lurker, though - partly because of the useful information in some of the subforums, partly because some of the logs are so entertaining, and partly because of the sheer perverse fascination. Of course the latter has reached new depths lately with users being doxxed, viciously attacked, and banned without explanation, so it’s no wonder lots of folks have been leaving.

I probably won’t participate much here. It looks like most of you are quite accomplished lifters, while I’m a weak, scrawny old fart (96/145/225/255 at 5'11" and 180ish), so I have little to offer other than maybe examples of what not to do. But again, I do congratulate you all for not only voting with your feet but starting something new and worthwhile.

Must be going; gotta work on my layback.

Regards,
Jim

cwd

Re: Hello

Post by cwd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Welcome aboard. Don't be shy, a lot of us are weak here. We all like barbell lifts, we don't all get impressive results.

rjharris

Post by rjharris » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 pm

JimRiley wrote: Must be going; gotta work on my layback.
I lol'ed.
cwd wrote:Welcome aboard. Don't be shy, a lot of us are weak here. We all like barbell lifts, we don't all get impressive results.
+1

chrisd

Post by chrisd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:21 pm

cwd wrote: a lot of us are weak here. We all like barbell lifts, we don't all get impressive results.
Yes
No
Yes

Your blanket statement reminds me of a story from a Soho pub. An old soak said to a young chap "Have a whisky young man"
"No thank you" replied the young chap "I don't like the taste and I don't like how it makes me feel"
"My dear boy" said the old soak "None of us like it, you know"

cwd

Post by cwd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:51 pm

I like the taste of some whiskeys.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Welcome!

I guess it's clear from the activity on this board that a lot of people were turned off by SS.

fishwife
Olde English

Post by fishwife » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:44 pm

chrisd wrote:Your blanket statement reminds me of a story from a Soho pub. An old soak said to a young chap "Have a whisky young man"
"No thank you" replied the young chap "I don't like the taste and I don't like how it makes me feel"
"My dear boy" said the old soak "None of us like it, you know"
I've always genuinely liked whiskey.

Also barbell lifts, although squats and I fight all the time lately.