Squat 365x5

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

OCG

Re: Squat 365x5

Post by OCG » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am

mgil wrote:Of course, these older cues weren't developed in the same environment.
Hmm? You mean the one where Rip has gone clearly insane from sniffing his own farts too much?

Root
Grillmaster

Post by Root » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

Squatted last night. Brought my stance in a little and thought about putting knees forward at the beginning of the descent instead of out. I think they improved quite a bit, and I didn't get my usual back/deep hip ache. Knees seem quieter and less slidey and don't cave at the bottom like they did. Slowed descent slightly. Brought grip width in a little bit, but that's about as narrow as I can go for now.

Messed up the camera angle a little, but here they are.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:31 am

Root wrote:Squatted last night. Brought my stance in a little and thought about putting knees forward at the beginning of the descent instead of out. I think they improved quite a bit, and I didn't get my usual back/deep hip ache. Knees seem quieter and less slidey and don't cave at the bottom like they did. Slowed descent slightly. Brought grip width in a little bit, but that's about as narrow as I can go for now.

Messed up the camera angle a little, but here they are.

Do you have access to good in-person coaching resources for looking the grip width thing (for example, do you feel pain in the elbow or the shoulder when you try to narrow it further)? Squats improved a lot, some remaining knee caving but a lot less than in the last video. Music is appropriate too.

Root
Grillmaster

Post by Root » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am

Murelli wrote:Do you have access to good in-person coaching resources for looking the grip width thing (for example, do you feel pain in the elbow or the shoulder when you try to narrow it further)? Squats improved a lot, some remaining knee caving but a lot less than in the last video. Music is appropriate too.
Don't know of any competent coaches in my area. When I try to narrow it further, I can't get my shoulders to the bar. I just don't move that way. And trying hurts shoulders and elbows.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Root wrote:
Murelli wrote:Do you have access to good in-person coaching resources for looking the grip width thing (for example, do you feel pain in the elbow or the shoulder when you try to narrow it further)? Squats improved a lot, some remaining knee caving but a lot less than in the last video. Music is appropriate too.
Don't know of any competent coaches in my area. When I try to narrow it further, I can't get my shoulders to the bar. I just don't move that way. And trying hurts shoulders and elbows.
From looking at the video (elbow and shoulder angles): you have long forearms, but barring any shoulder/elbow problem, you could get your grip progressively narrower if you work on it with small decrements every workout.