Copy & Paste to Word formatting issues

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

AaronM
Pheasant

Copy & Paste to Word formatting issues

Post by AaronM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Question, how do I copy and paste forum text to Microsoft Word without all the funky colors and formatting? I'm using the dark background, but I want the text to be black with a white background on Word. Asking for a friend. Totally not reverse-engineering one of @JordanFeigenbaum or @Austin's templates.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Copy & Paste to Word formatting issues

Post by mgil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Have you tried it yet? When you paste into Word, there’s an option (the capital “A”) when you paste that ignores source formatting and imports the text only.

AaronM
Pheasant

Post by AaronM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:35 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm Have you tried it yet? When you paste into Word, there’s an option (the capital “A”) when you paste that ignores source formatting and imports the text only.
I've just been using cmd-c to copy and cmd-v to paste.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:37 pm

When you paste into MSWord, does it have a little icon at the bottom of what you pasted in?

AaronM
Pheasant

Post by AaronM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:37 pm When you paste into MSWord, does it have a little icon at the bottom of what you pasted in?
AHAH! Thanks! I never noticed it before. "Keep text only" is a genius feature.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks for letting us know

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Austin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm Thanks for letting us know
Yeah, @AaronM point being that culling logs to reverse engineer programming isn’t the coolest thing to do.

I know you tagged Jordan and Austin, but these dudes put some effort into figuring out what is a general Rx based on their coaching experience.

From your own perspective, you might not know if there are tweaks made behind the scenes based on some feedback from the lifter. So it may not be suitable for you.

This forum has a kinda “open source” vibe in regards to programming and @Hanley has been gracious in letting us pick his brain. However, just like open source code, you’ll need to pay an SME to tweak what’s out there to work within your paradigm.

AaronM
Pheasant

Post by AaronM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:59 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 pm
Yeah, @AaronM point being that culling logs to reverse engineer programming isn’t the coolest thing to do.

I know you tagged Jordan and Austin, but these dudes put some effort into figuring out what is a general Rx based on their coaching experience.

From your own perspective, you might not know if there are tweaks made behind the scenes based on some feedback from the lifter. So it may not be suitable for you.

This forum has a kinda “open source” vibe in regards to programming and @Hanley has been gracious in letting us pick his brain. However, just like open source code, you’ll need to pay an SME to tweak what’s out there to work within your paradigm.
Totally understood. My comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. I've actually ran The Bridge before, so I'm familiar with the overall program. Reading other people's logs gives ideas for lift substitutions or alternate rep schemes, but doesn't mean it's "by the book". My recovery has been less than ideal these days anyways, so I couldn't even handle all the volume in the high intensity weeks in The Bridge v1.0 right now.

FTR, I have paid Austin for in person coaching once in the past, and will happily do so again in the future when more funding allows.

unruhschuh
Männlicher Photoshop-Experte

Post by unruhschuh » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:59 am

mgil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:51 pm
I think it is, provided you keep it to yourself. It's how you learn: You watch what other people do and try to apply it to yourself. There's no difference if what those people are doing is some proprietary program. Again, don't publish it once you figured it out, and everyone should be fine.