Moderator: Chebass88

mbasic

Re: MJH GUERRILLA TRAINING LOG ...

Post by mbasic » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 am

mbasic wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:09 pm
6-27-2022

(8) sprints on 4 min start intervals.

Then dropped his butt off at the gym:

TRAP BAR DL: 135x5x2; 205x5; 235x3; 255x3 ...that's it only 1 set!
WALKING DB LUNGES: 30's x 10r x 1s (20steps) that's it!
LYING LEG CURL: ###x10x2
SPRINTERS POSE HOLDS: 30sec x 3 ea leg
LYING LEG RAISES: x15x3
SEATED CALF RAISES: ###x12x3
SIDE PLANKS: 30sec x 3
6-28-2022 TUES

....sooooo.... coach told me yesterday they would bench today, so that's why I had him do a little bit of lower body in the gym yesterday.

So of course at the 6am HSFB practice they did:

RACK PULL: 225x10x3

LAT PULL DOWNS: 95x10x3

TRAP BAR DEADLIFT: work up to a heavy single, he did 325x1 and said it was easy

FML
------------------------

EDIT/FMLx2:
later today he showed me a video montage of the kids doing their trapbar deadlift maxes.(see next post)
It was a lot grindier than what he thought it felt like. His back was a little to somewhat bent.
Like ....."ok-bent" if it were with me and we were doing a max after months and months of training with a trap bar.
BUT.....for week number 2 or 3 coming off of a 2 month rest from a low back injury, it was totally fucked up and inappropriate.
I had told the coach prior to this he could deadlift but take it easy.
FURTHERMORE .... there is no training stimulus or adaptation to be had from this.
ALSO ....his back was by far the least bowed; two other kids tried to grind shit out and were bent up something terrible and the plates did not break the floor. Another new incoming freshman, who looks like a 6th grader, did a bent arm pull and tried to jerk the fuck off of the floor (it did not budge).

Also, at the last 7v7 thing, his freshman partner in crime Petey (Prhalad) was missing ....my wife asked Pete's mom about it.
Apparently he had hurt his back doing heavy deadlifts. Same sort of edema of the bone marrow thing in the vertebra MJ had....but different spot.
It acutely happened right during/after the DLs.
Whereas MJ's happened after a hard track workout (sprinting at SHS).
Petey's mom in (understandably) anti-lifting-weights now.

This is all fucked.

I am disappoint
Last edited by mbasic on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mbasic

CAN I GETA FORM CHEK PLS, THKS

Post by mbasic » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:35 am

mbasic

GUERRILLA TRAINING / I LIKE TO BITCH

Post by mbasic » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:02 am

6-29-2022 5:30 AM

You can't make this shit up.

So boy wakes up at 4:30 to eat, get ready, and mom takes his to school practice/S&C session at 5:30.
(which is total bullshit; totally ineffective for a teenager to workout this early; sleep; circadian rhythms; etc)

....AAAaaaand ..... turns out the school gym and weight-room was broke into and thoroughly vandalized.
So the practice was cancelled altogether.

I guess they couldn't figure out to go over the the nearby park (that I used two posts back), and do some actual running or sprints or agility drills?
I suppose the coach had to stay there and wait for police (crime seen, and document stuff for an insurance claim I'm sure).
Half of the kids drive to practice, it would've been nice if someone on the team took the lead and said, "Hey, let go to the park and run routes".
My son sucks as well in this regard.

We are not going at 5:30 to escape the heat problem we have here (100F by 9:45am many times).
We can't use our only grass field cuz its being rehabbed (we are only training inside).
Its funny, I've found out whats going on, is the Volleyballers are practices after us.....
(why can' they go at 5:30 ? ) ....so we have to train early.

No one can figure out twice a week to meet at the local park 1/2 mile away.

EDIT: they got the two boys faces on camera when they broke into the building.
They stole two F7 football helmets too ..... those are like $450 each.
Its all being circulated on twitter.

==========================================

Later that day at the Globogym:

BENCH: 155x5x3
CHIN UPS: 8,8,7
MATRIX SHOULDER PRESS: 90x8x3
LTE: 3x8
CURLS: 3x8
LATERAL RAISES: 3x10
PLATE FLIPS: 3set
FOREARM ROLLERS: 3 sets

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:15 pm

6-30-2022

5:30 AM at school FB S&C / Practice ....they basically did yoga rolling around on the floor or something.

====================

1:00 PM
CVHS. Art.turf w/ turf shoes.
(4) 10m flys; 5-6 min rests
Times were not stellar, but we haven't done flys forever (maxV).
Also I don't know if the spongy art.turf is faster than (hard ass) grass ....its def. slower than a track I'm sure.
So I don't know about this going forward. ** (see edit below)

Then lifted 'lower' at the Globo:

BELT SQT: 90x8x3
RDL: 155x8x3
WALKING LUNGES: 35's x8r x 2s
LEG EXT: 3x10
STRAIGHT LEG CALF RAISE: 3x12
PLANKS:
LEG RAISES:
TORSO TWIST MACHINE:

====================

Shit on Twitter:

Banta, the guy retweeting this, is supposed to be a sprint guru, and an esteemed HS track coach of some sort.
He tends to way over complicate programming.

My beef is with all the basic terminology here, (the horrible form being celebrated is a whole 'nother issue)
which coaches of this caliber should be familiar with.
"One of my favorites", reaffirming this is even a common 'thing'.

Those aren't push presses, they are like bad split jerks, which the immediate hop into with out finishing the clean, and the way they are being done, it looks like conditioning-with-barbells-ala-CrossFit .... being done in machine gun like fashion there.
Never mind the "hang clean". They are some kind of power-muscle-clean thingie.
This is stellar example of why the Olympic lifts and the more technical variants sucks for general S&C work in other sports ....
....just do some trap bar jumps, or barbell jump squats man.

=========================

**EDIT:

https://www.newswise.com/articles/is-fi ... ural-grass

Highlighted the interesting parts down below:

#1: D2 - college freshman aint that fast.
The fastest here were only 5.0. The +/- in the study was around 5.3 +/ 0.3.
High schoolers and most FB coaches don't know what 'fast' even is
and/or how to measure it or compare.

#2: hand timing is fucked (still fucked).

#3: art.turf isn't "fast", its good for changing directions
This is what I was guessing, as you want fast ground contact times at or nearing top speed.
You don't was a spongy absorbing surface. You want hard.
There is also a stretch shortening cycle rebounding effect that turf probably blunts.
Agility Times Are Faster on Field Turf than Grass, But No Difference on 40-Yard Dash, Reports The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research

Newswise — Do college football players perform better on the modern field turf artificial playing surface than on natural grass? The answer is yes for performance on a standard agility drill, but not for 40-yard dash speed, reports a study in the October issue of The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, official research journal of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. The journal is published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, a part of Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading provider of information and business intelligence for students, professionals, and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health, and pharmacy.

"It appears that straight-ahead sprint speed is similar between field turf and natural grass, but change-of-direction speed may be significantly faster on field turf," according to the new research, led by Gradyon L. Gains, B.A., of Truman State University, Kirksville, Mo. Agility Times Average Three Percent Faster on field turfTwenty-four Division II college football players were timed on two standard drills: a 40-yard dash and the "proagility" shuttle test. Both drills are a standard part of skills assessment for football players and other athletes.

The athletes performed each test two times: once on field turf and once on natural grass. Times were compared to see if performance was affected by the playing surface. There was no significant difference in 40-yard dash times: average 5.34 seconds on field turf and 5.33 seconds on natural grass.

However, time on the proagility shuttle was significantly shorter on field turf: average 4.49 seconds, compared to 4.64 seconds on natural grass. "This represented a 3.0 percent faster agility time on field turf," Gains and coauthors write.

On the 40-yard dash, athletes were timed using both a hand timer and an electronic timer. The hand-timed sprints were significantly faster than the electronically times sprints, on both field turf and natural grass. "This reinforces the need for standardization of the timing technique in short sprints," the researchers write. Field turf, a "third-generation" artificial playing surface, has gained wide acceptance as a preferred playing field for American football. With older artificial surfaces, straight-ahead sprint times were faster than on natural grass. Few studies have looked at how newer artificial surfaces—especially field turf, which was developed to more closely mimic natural grass—affect performance times.

In the new study, college football players have significantly faster change-of-direction times on field turf than on natural grass. However, straight-ahead sprint times are similar on field turf than on natural grass.

The lack of difference in 40-yard dash times was somewhat surprising—since field turf produces less slippage between the shoe and surface, it might have been expected to produce faster sprint times. The results could be affected by differences in the shoe sole and stud configuration used for the tests, Gains and coauthors suggest. The reduced slippage with field turf might potentially lead to an increased risk of injury with change-of-direction moves, "although evidence for this is currently lacking," the researchers write.

mbasic

THE TRIP TO KAUAI

Post by mbasic » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:10 pm

ewww.... not that kind of trip.

7-1-2022 FRI.
(still at home)
BP: up to 180x1@9
INCLINE: 135x5x3
CHINUPS: bw x8x3
CABLE TRI PD: x10x3
CURLS OF SOME KIND
LATERIAL RAISES
SHRUGS:
PLATE FLIPS FOR GRIPS
FOREARM ROLLERS:

7-2-2022 SAT. travelling

7-3-2022 SUN.
(5) 10m flys at the only track on the island.
Spikes and FreeLap .... first time using spikes and track.
Will really try to limit their use here on out if you didn't read that back a few posts.....

Had to break in and out of the facility.
Was like a ghost town, everything decrepit , rusted, weathered....no people, only chickens wandering around and eerily quiet ....like a scene from The Walking Dead or something.

Then worked out at the resort's "fitness center".

DEADLIFT: 225x2x3 (taking it east here)
WALKING DB LUNGES: 30#'s x 8 x 3
LEG EXT MACHINE: ###x10x3
LEG CURL MACHINE: only one set of three

...call it a deload.

7-4-2022 MON. REST. LONG RIDE ON BOAT. SNORKEL. ETC

7-5-2022 TUES
(5) 40 yard sprints.
Wet soft grass; up a slight incline; 3 pt start; Freelap timed, etc.

Then worked out at the resort's gym:

BP: 185x1@8.5; 160x5; 135x6x3
CHIN UPS: just one set of 8
FAKE CHINUP PULL DOWNS: 130x10x3
TRICEP PUSHDOWNS: x10x3
CURLS:
LATERAL RAISES:

Swim at beach, tour around, nature hike, etc.

7-6-2022 WED
Long arduous 4 hr / 8 mile hike or something....up and down and up and down.
I barely did it myself. Still sore 2-1/2 days later.
Swim at beach.

7-7-2022 THURS. travel day, rest i suppose

=======================================

meanwhile back home the football team was doing:

also meanwhile .... the track coach has sent out a poll-post wrt if kids are doing the summer offseason workouts he is Rx'ing ? or not?

:cringe face:

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:55 pm

7-9-2022. Sat.

CVHS. Art.turf. 12:30. 110F and little humid.

I swear to God, the plastic artificial turf surface are hot at fuck. The black rubber crumb bits soak up heat like a mofo. Miserable.

(8) wicket runs....3' rests approx
Stepped down to the Vince Anderson space that starts with 5'6" (down from 5'9"). It's about 45m. Wickets turned upright/normal. Turf is def slower than a track-spikes.

About four hours later....

At globogym

TRAP BAR DL, LH:
275*3,3,1 (slow, so I stopped him)

POWER SNATCH
65*2*4
85*2*2
95*2*2

WALKING LUNGES
20*8
30*8*3

LYING LEG CURL
###*8*3

INCLINED SITUPS
bw*20*3

SEATED CALF RAISE
###*12*4

TORSO TWIST MACHINE
###*10*3

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:49 am

7-10-2022 SUN TOTAL REST

In the evening (pretty late, considering Sunday) we get a notification over the team app thingy:

Basically says (in a polite way, with some excuses intertwined) next week's practices/conditioning are cancelled, and "the kids should try to stay active" on their own. It was the last week of summer practice. So we are off two or three weeks until fall practice starts. They keep saying there's going to be a summer camp in there somewhere, but I can't see that happening. In fact, the way they go about repeatedly teasing about it is terrible.

This is minor detail, but they also reminded us our (only) field was still off limits as it is being rehabbed (which means watered a ton trying to get the grass to come back, maybe the hydroseeded too or something....and I just didn't see it). So if the kids want to do something on their own they can't used the school field.

Also, The Cancelling of the practices was messaged out by the old assistant coach, and not the new head coach .... the 'old coach' only one hold over from the previous regime. He is a OL/DL coach of some sort, a "big guy". His son is currently a senior, athletic, will likely play RB and LB.
I think he's only around because his son is still there.
They still have not replaced the DC quit (moved to another/bigger school).

I don't mind if our team sucks, and we go 0-9 one year. I'll dealt with that before with both kids.
11 man tackle HS football is different though. Its like combat. I fear for the kids' safety if they are woefully underprepared.

I never thought in a million years my son would not play football (well, maybe 5 years, as he really took to it when he started doing flag football).
I guess it would be no different if he had an injury that ended a season or something like that.

Fuck this sucks

I try to do what I can for the school.
I figured out they have a Juggs machine (football throwing machine). I was told it was bought by one of the family's dad who had a few boys there and the last one had graduated. Our AD told me he had bought it for the school to use, but it the end it was his. I expressed interest in the school keeping it around for the team to use. They are around $3600 new! I offered if the the school could pay a 1/3, and I could pay a 1/3, and The Dad could "donate" his 1/3 (get a receipt for tax write off) .... using a used price of $2,400 to $3,000. Nope, The Dad wants full price, or to recoup as much as possible. I can't blame him. But I tried. There's no way the school could afford it outright; plus, look at our current situation! we can't even formulate or set up practices. I guess those machines are pretty rare to find on the used market, so I thought I'd at least try.
Old Flag Football coach had one (very rare for a flag/club team)....we spoke about how he came by it, etc.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:52 am

7-11-2022 MON.

XRds Park. Hill Sprints in grass.
Steeper than Holmes, but still not super steep.
115F. 4:15pm.
(8) 30 yard inclined sprints @ 3-4 min intervals.
Rest in shade.

Then immediately afterward:

BP: 175x1@9; 135x8x3
CHIN UPS: 9,9,7 (these 9's are a PR)
MATRIX SHOULDER PRESS: 95x8x4
LAT PULL DOWN: NH bar 95x10x3
ROPE TRICEP EXT: 3x10
CURLS: 3x10
FOREARM ROLLER THINGY

I thought his CNS might be shot from the way that 175 Bench moved,
but the chin-ups were impressive ...so now I don't know.

Its kind of a funny conundrum or whatever ....
In Az most try this shit with training in the morning (say 6am), to avoid the heat of the day.
(also, this might be a logistical issue, as many of the coaches have a real "day job" at 9am).
But everyone talks about how important sleep is for kids, and their brain development.
At school or the practice field at 6am sharp means awake at 5 or earlier, eat breakfast, etc, travel to training site, etc.
Kids show up groggy, and not in the mood to be beat down ....
And, its still hot 85 to 90 is not uncommon.

mbasic

HOW NOT TO TIME SPRINTS

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:08 pm

(Dropping this here, so I don't have to rehunt up the data and numbers off of twitter.)

...actually, I don't really care, as long as the guy is consistent within his own program its fine.
BUT, when you start posting results online, people are going to care.
I could give a proper examples how to publish this stuff with a brief explanation of your "20 yard sprint".

Its looks like to me (@ 0:21) they got the athlete's start hand 5' back from the start beam.
So the athlete hits the start line with a huge gob of momentum already going.
For instance, those guys that posted 2.42 and 2.44 ....
....according to The Published Data, that 20 yd split would be capable of a 4.15 of a NFL-style timed 40.
(This is Florida Atlantic University .... a small D1 school)

That said I will set up the same ridiculous shit and run my boy thru it ...lolz
His 20m (21.9 YARD) from a touch pad (with no running start!) was 3.00 when he was 14 y.o.
...track and spikes, but IIRC that really doesn't affect acceleration times so much as top speed.

It will be an interesting exercise for sure.

====================

here's another useful data point:

mbasic

KIDS' SPORTS ARE STILL TERRIBLE LOG LOG

Post by mbasic » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:01 pm

Oddly enough, the guy/course I learned wickets from (a year ago?) was fired from his long time coaching job at Jacksonville Uni.
I was reviewing the videos I bought and thought to google him to see if I could dig up anything new.

Jeesh!

===================================

7-12-2022 Tues - LIFT LEGS:

TRAP BAR DEADLIFT LH: 275x5x3
superset w/ box jump triples

STD. DB LUNGES
40's x8x3

STANDING CABLE KNEE RAISES
??? x8r x4s

LYING LEG RAISE
??? x15r x3s

LEG CURL: ### x 10 x 3

PLANKS 40 sec x 3

TORSO TWIST MACHINE

==========================

7-13-2022 Wed- TOTAL REST

==========================

7-14-2022 Thurs
Soccer complex on grass/cleats
(6) 20 yd flys @5-6 min rests
. . . . .
later: UPPER BODY
INCLINE: 135x6x3
SEATED ROW MACHINE: 175x5x5
SEATED OH BB PRESS: 95x8x3
LAT PULL DOWN: ###x10x3
LTEs: heavy
CURLS: heavy

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:20 pm

7-15-2022. Fri.

Xrds park again. Sprints up a slight incline. Grass
114F again, but we sit in the shade during the rest periods, it's all very doable.
30yds x (6) with 4' rests.

Only six reps, as we were going to 'hit legs' after this.
--RDL--
95*8; 115*8; 135*8; 165*8

--TRAP BAR DEADLIFT, LH--
135*5
205*5
255*5
275*5 (only one too set)

--WALKING DB LUNGE--
25*4
30*8*3

--STANDING CABLE KNEE RAISE--
40*8*3

--LYING LEG RAISE--
BW*12*3

--STRAIGHT LEG CALF RAISE

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:47 am

7-17-2022 SAT. TOTAL REST

====================

7-18-2022 SUN.

MesqHS Track. 2pm. 108F+/-. spikes, etc

(3) 20m fly sprints
Times were "ok" ....I guess "good" considering we just started
up again and he's only run in spikes one time before this.
He might have had a breakthru in form finally.
So the different form is not going to feel natural, I'm going to say its a plus the timed
weren't slower actually.

The fourth and fifth slides/frames are some of the obvs telltale positions.

He has been able to do the super high front knee/thigh before....
His backside mechanics are finally less severe; and you
can see the knee coming thru already at midstance.

(So I am told: ) A lot of kids will try to imitate the optimal front side technique .... "the spider"....
....but they are just faking it, and thereby not really putting force into the ground vertically, or driving backwards....
....kinda skipping and just looking like they're doing it, but not doing it.
His times were close to around that of last year's averages, so I thought with the wildly different technique, that this was a good sign.

Its a shame because in one week football practices start, which is whole 'nother shit show that need whining about.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Later that day in the Gym:

--BENCH--
Hvy single: 175
145x7
135x8x2
...I was there spotting for this, then I left him to his own devices:

--CHIN UPS: 3 sets, I forget
--MATRIX SHOULDER PRESS: 3x8
--DB ROWS: 4x8
--STDNG TRICEP PD:
--CURLS of some sort
--LATERIAL RAISES: 3x10
--FOREARM ROLLER THINGY.

mbasic

MJH LOG: KID SPORTS ARE TERRIBLE

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:22 am

This will probably be my kid next year (the kid in black, getting blasted)

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:07 am

7-18-2022 MON

(5) 40 yard dashes, on his own, park, grass, 5 min rests.

. . . . . . .

LATER:

DEADLIFT: up to 255 x2x4
a slow superset w/
BOX JUMP: x3x4

STD.LUNGES: 35x8x3

INCLINED SITUPS: x20x3

LYING LEG CURL: 100x8x4

SEATED CALF RAISE: ???x12x4

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:13 am

7-19-2022 TUES - FULL REST

----------------------------------

7-20-2022 WED - SPRINT

CVHS. 4pm. spikes, track
(4) 20m flys, 6-8 minute rests.
Form looks good. Slight improvement in times

later:

Depth Jump: x3r x 4s

Thrown down leg raises x 6r x 4s

Torso Twist Machine x10r x 3s

ya know, he stepped precisely those hurdle spacing marks.... doing some math, and comparing step in between the 20m FreeLap cones (this last part, you have to eye ball), his stride appears to be around 82" to 84". For refence: when we were doing wickets 6 months ago, using the Elite College women spacing....that spacing ends with 82" to 86" for 21 strides/hurdles. I was on using that because it was what was working at the time as far as not kicking hurdles and landing in the middle.
I didn't do it out of an ego thing; and I do not believe he was over striding thru it.
Something to think about. Another rabbit hole to go down .....

EDIT: yay....

https://simplifaster.com/articles/strid ... frequency/

Women 20m 40m 60m 80m 100m 10.54 sec
F. Griffith Time (sec) 3.09 1.95 1.85 1.82 1.83
(USA) Realization % 69.78 92.86 98.36 100.0 99.45
Stride length (м) 1.69 2.27 2.29 2.38 2.40
Realization % 70.41 94.58 95.41 99.16 100.0
Stride frequency num/sec 4.04 4.30 4.51 4.34 4.48
Realization % 89.80 95.34 100.0 96.23 93.79

That's flojo^.
Most hit top speed around 50 to 70m mark .... so she's aorund 2.3 to 2.4 in length, and 4.4 to 4.5 in frequency.

The Boy is 2.0-2.1? and 4.37 in frequency currently

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:59 am

7-21-2022 Thurs

weights only on his own, upper body

--INCLINE PRESS: 135x7x3
--SEATED ROW:
--MATRIC OHP MACH.:
--LAT PULLDOWN:
CURLs, TRIs, etc

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:47 pm

7-22-2022 Fri

(7) 30yd hill sprints
Xrds.park

. . . . . . .

Later at gym.

TRAP BAR DL, HH
135*5*2
205*5
275*2
325*2*2
295*2
superset 2 box jumps in-between

WALKING DB LUNGES
35's *8*3

INCLINED SITUP

SEATED LEG CURLS
80*10*4

LYING LEG RAISES

STRAIGHT LEG CALF RAISE
###*12*5

Couple sets of Hyperextensions

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:13 pm

7-24-2022. Sun.

mesqHS.HS. 2pm . Only 98F!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

(4) 20m fly sprints

Later at gym:

DEPTH JUMP
14" TO 24"
x3r x 4s

BOX JUMP FROM STATIC SQUAT
go on clap!
x3r x 4s

LYING LEG RAISES
x15x3

TORSO TWIST MACHINE

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:25 am

cool, big ol' hip flexor that attaches to the spine.

I wonder what the exact origin point is?

mbasic

Some more bitching, and thoughts about overspeed training....

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:30 am

Some more bitching, and thoughts about overspeed training....

This caught my eye, as I follow anything "1080sprint" ....just to stay in the loop on this stuff.

A 1080Sprint is a device for either resisted sprints, assisted sprints, or measuring speed.
Basically, like one of your tethered barbell velocity measuring devices ....
....but with a big ass motor in it. Its like a 4x4-truck-winch bred with a lamborgini.
Most common and original use was resisted sprints, and precise measure of a velocity/acceleration profile.
But it can be used for assisted sprinting ... overspeed training.

Its pretty rico, you can preprogram speeds, and there is a detachable laynard (remotely via electronic signal)....
Here you can see the trainer remotely detached the towcable with a remote.

Its the size of a 1979 VHS VCR player (or bigger).... must weigh quite a bit, and have to be anchored to something I'm sure.
Also costs $20,000!

Overspeed training comes in several forms: either assisted pull, downhill, windtunnel (big shield towed behind car), or .... simply running down wind on a super windy day. The idea is to learn how to run fast by being shown.....and, in the case of the 1080sprint, the tow thru the accel phase doesn't waste energy by normally having to accelerate up to speed.

Overspeed training, especially being towed or sprinting maxV downhill, has always been treated as extreme, and someone should approach with extreme caution as the chance for injury is high ..... supramaximal impact forces will have to be absorbed, etc. Also, "its not for noobs" is a common theme.... like "for advanced athletes only".

So back to the kid up above on the track, the post is worded funny.
" [john doe] rolling along at an average of 23.7mph".
Doesn't really say or explain he's being towed up to that speed.
And the kid reposts this on his own twitter feed with the same language.
Not many would recognize the @1080motion thing.
Everyone involved with football/media/etc is obsessed with those top speed metrics now....thanks to network TV, ESPN, etc.
23.7mph equates to a 0.94 m/s fly sprint .... which should put you around a 10.50s 100m (elite high schooler)
Pulled up this kid's track bio. as a 9th grader he was 12 to 12.5 all season.
As a 10th grader (just a few months ago) 12.25 and 11.87 or something.

Also, then the whole thing about Over-Speed training for novices is inappropriate .... and maybe dangerous???

It must cost quite a bit to book a session with this trainer (as the device is $20K ....something normally reserved for a few elite colleges or world class athletes). So parent, probably gets his money's worth out of it, in that if the kid's Twit post gets seen by some college recruiters.
"23.7mph"

Also, the NFL guy running in the street 10 m/s (1.0s fly 10m) is barely considered fast. (he was towed up to this speed).
Concrete is actually a fast surface. I guess he's a big guy so ......whatever. Holding the ball too ...but yet, still, being towed in
Last edited by mbasic on Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.