Bookmark individual posts

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

quark

Bookmark individual posts

Post by quark » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 am

I'd like a way to bookmark individual posts, not just topics. Sometimes there's a gem in a topic with many replies.

It would also be nice if there were a way to see a list of the most bookmarked topics and posts, so we can see what other people consider worthy.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Bookmark individual posts

Post by mgil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am

A crappy workaround is the sticky I made in the one forum. When you quote out of the thread, the link will still take you back to the source thread.

That kinda works?

unruhschuh
Männlicher Photoshop-Experte

Post by unruhschuh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pm

You can always click the #NUMBER below the title of each post and bookmark that in your browsers bookmarks. There is no way to do this in phpbb afaik without an extension and I haven't found one yet.

quark

Post by quark » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:16 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am A crappy workaround is the sticky I made in the one forum. When you quote out of the thread, the link will still take you back to the source thread.

That kinda works?
Please rephrase this. I'm being obtuse and don't understand. Are you suggesting setting up a post with a bunch of links?
unruhschuh wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pm You can always click the #NUMBER below the title of each post and bookmark that in your browsers bookmarks. There is no way to do this in phpbb afaik without an extension and I haven't found one yet.
My browser bookmarks are completely out of control, else this would work nicely.

BTW, I thank you guys for all you're doing. This is a great forum.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 pm

@quark, I was referring to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=819

That is a collection of quotes in that forum. When the user quotes the post in the thread and then pastes it into that thread, the reference link will still point users back to the original thread for context.

As an example:
mgil wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am This is intended to be the collection of training knowledge bombs that get dropped by various members.

Include their name in the quote and context as needed. I’ll start this off with the next post.

SeanHerbison
Zercher Pro

Post by SeanHerbison » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:18 am

unruhschuh wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pmYou can always click the #NUMBER below the title of each post and bookmark that in your browsers bookmarks.
Dang. I wished I'd realized this years ago. I've always quoted the post, followed the link back to the original, and then copied that. And that doesn't work for closed threads, while this does. Thanks.