What did you eat for breakfast today?

Recipes and such

Moderator: d0uevenlift

broseph
High Fiber

Re: What did you eat for breakfast today?

Post by broseph » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:40 am

mouse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 am I've officially given up on preparing my own oats and adopted baller status of buying the "Powerful" or whatever instant oatmeal cups for work. Got to the point where I would just stand in my kitchen contemplating my own existence on prep day when it came to the oats... probably not as "good" macro wise to what I was making but I finally have some decent flavor. Working my way up to the peanut butter/honey one, where I am hoping a chorus of angels will descend from the heavens when I peel off the lid...
I think Quaker has upped their game even on the regular old instant oatmeal packets. I’ve eaten that at least once a day (with additional fruit, nuts, and plain oats) for a long time, and the flavor has recently improved.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 am

broseph wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:40 am
mouse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 am I've officially given up on preparing my own oats and adopted baller status of buying the "Powerful" or whatever instant oatmeal cups for work. Got to the point where I would just stand in my kitchen contemplating my own existence on prep day when it came to the oats... probably not as "good" macro wise to what I was making but I finally have some decent flavor. Working my way up to the peanut butter/honey one, where I am hoping a chorus of angels will descend from the heavens when I peel off the lid...
I think Quaker has upped their game even on the regular old instant oatmeal packets. I’ve eaten that at least once a day (with additional fruit, nuts, and plain oats) for a long time, and the flavor has recently improved.
I'm going to give overnight prep of steel cut oats another shot. Berries, milk, oats into a blender container, scoop in my whey and creatine right before blending. Should save me >20min each morning. Last time I tried it for a few days and no matter what the oats never got soft or emulsified, so I was just chewing on crunchy oats at the end of the shake.

mouse

Post by mouse » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:43 am

Allentown wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 am
broseph wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:40 am
I'm going to give overnight prep of steel cut oats another shot. Berries, milk, oats into a blender container, scoop in my whey and creatine right before blending. Should save me >20min each morning. Last time I tried it for a few days and no matter what the oats never got soft or emulsified, so I was just chewing on crunchy oats at the end of the shake.
Been there... still ended up with gross chunkies at the bottom every time...

Good luck with your oats.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:55 am

Poo. There will already be seeds at the bottom, the berry mix has raspberries and boysenberries or something, and those tiny little seeds never blend.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 am

Crepes with sweetened condensed milk topping.

Wife made tres leches cake yesterday and there was leftover sweetened condensed milk. What am I gonna do, NOT make a huge stack of crepes to pour leftover sweetened condensed milk all over?

Mattjd

Post by Mattjd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:55 am

2/3 cup of white rice. 2 e-z over eggs layed on top of rice, and then 3 scrambled eggs layed on top of that, all mixed together with my favorite hot sauce

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:58 am

Mattjd wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:55 am 2 e-z over eggs ... and then 3 scrambled eggs layed on top of that
I'm calling the cops.

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:57 am

Is this real?

I found a new sources of fast food news:

https://twitter.com/ChewBoom

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 pm

iamsmu wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:57 am Is this real?

Novelty cereal is my love language.

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Two reduced fat turkey bacon sandwiches from Starbucks with two of their Sriracha packets and black coffee. Because I'm cutting and it's pretty good on the macros when traveling for work.

Mattjd

Post by Mattjd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:46 am

8 oz coffee I let chill over night. Touch of creamer, 2 scoops of chocolate ON Whey, and a serving of chocolate syrup. Slice of bread with butter.

BenM

Post by BenM » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 pm

- A fried egg, on a toasted, buttered, sourdough roll, with some spinach and rocket and cherry tomatoes
- A small bowl of Frosties with skim milk
- OK then; a much larger bowl of Weetbix, Frosties and NutriGrain with skim milk
- Two pieces of wholemeal toast, one with butter and honey, one with butter and peanut butter
- 3 or 4 mini pastries (a cinnamon scroll, and a few mini danishes)
- 2 corn flake cookies
- 4 jaffa cakes
- 1 Tim Tam
- 1 mini choc mud cupcake with frosting and easter egg topping
- 2 pieces Lindt dark chocolate, and multiple Easter eggs
- A couple of coffees and an irish breakfast tea

Left the house and went for a walk. Could have easily eaten more. Crazy mental hunger is real.

rjharris

Post by rjharris » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:42 am

BenM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 pm - A fried egg, on a toasted, buttered, sourdough roll, with some spinach and rocket and cherry tomatoes
- OK then; a much larger bowl of Weetbix, Frosties and NutriGrain with skim milk
- Two pieces of wholemeal toast, one with butter and honey, one with butter and peanut butter
- 2 corn flake cookies
- 4 jaffa cakes
- 1 Tim Tam

Left the house and went for a walk. Could have easily eaten more. Crazy mental hunger is real.

wait... this was all in one sitting?

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:11 pm

rjharris wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:42 am
BenM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 pm - A fried egg, on a toasted, buttered, sourdough roll, with some spinach and rocket and cherry tomatoes
- 2 corn flake cookies
- 4 jaffa cakes
- 1 Tim Tam

wait... this was all in one sitting?
Yup.

ETA: after a dessert binge last night, today's breakfast was light. A big bowl of non fat strawberry yoghurt, with a heap of extra strawberries, some mixed nuts and a couple of coffees.

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 pm

You know what I love about your food binge lists:
The variety and novelty of the items.

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 pm

augeleven wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 pm You know what I love about your food binge lists:
The variety and novelty of the items.
Mostly it's because they're foods that I've previously restricted myself from eating, I think. For example I have barely touched pastries, or chocolate, or any form of breakfast cereal except oats in the in the last 3 years. Now I'm allowing myself to eat this stuff it feels impossible to stop. But I'm hoping that binging will get the cravings out of my system eventually..... that's what everything I have read says, and that it's normal.... hopefully it stops soon though!

Also, I stand at the cupboard thinking "I have had enough xxx... what can I have now" and grab whatever comes to hand. So long as it's sweet.

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Not sure if this counts, but it’s the first thing that’s not whey I’ve eaten today.

Trader Joe’s chia and flax crunchy peanut butter on a whole wheat wrap, with a carrot, a cheddar cheese stick, and a drizzle of ghost pepper maple syrup inside.

I’m sober.

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:54 pm

augeleven wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 pm Not sure if this counts, but it’s the first thing that’s not whey I’ve eaten today.

Trader Joe’s chia and flax crunchy peanut butter on a whole wheat wrap, with a carrot, a cheddar cheese stick, and a drizzle of ghost pepper maple syrup inside.

I’m sober.
That sounds very nutritious and delicious. I'm impressed

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

A calorie bomb from my all day hiking days.
Tasty AF though.
I earned due to gardening all day. I’m not sure how many calories I burned because my HR monitor died after the first 4 hours.
At least as many as a motorcycle ride though

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:45 pm

Motorcycle rides are cardio, right?

I was mid breakfast when I posted that earlier. Today's was solid, after a dessert binge last night too. To the best of my recollection:

3 bowls of cereal (coco pops, frosties, weet bix) with skim milk
A cheese and bacon roll, toasted in the frypan with an egg, ham and swiss cheese smothered in chipotle sauce
A cherry danish
3 coffees (one of them liberally infused with hot chocolate mix)
A cup of tea with sugar and honey
An oaty slice bar, various biscuits and chocolate, a mini cupcake, a lot of cashews and a choc almond roasted nut bar

I've probably forgotten other stuff.