Martha Rogers Thread

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

asdf

Re: Martha Rogers Thread

Post by asdf » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:09 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:06 am That whole meet should be shot/viewed/shown from that oblique angle
I agree. For all the reasons you listed, plus the fact that the front-on shot can be (and was) indiscreet for several lifters.

mbasic

mattie power bulk

Post by mbasic » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:12 pm

according to this, she's going to do one international meet at 87 (81+) ... so she has the option to compete at that weight in the olympics.

Check out the "lick my ass" comment to the hater.
Probably not the best counter there given the situation.

meanwhile we got another 109 snatcher in the 76 class

mettkeks

Re: mattie power bulk

Post by mettkeks » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:38 pm

mbasic wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:12 pm
Check out the "lick my ass" comment...
10/10 would do.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:53 am

...yeah, its confirmed. Martha it on the Roma Cup start-list as a 87kg lifter (she only has to weigh in at 81.01).

So if she plays that out, from what I understand she have more ROBI points than Jenny Arthur, and could possibly bump Jenny out of going to the Olympics.

So she's gonna get a lot of hate from the Arthur crowd.

I'm kinda meh on the whole thing.

Kudos to Martha for going for on power bulk:
- was a 69 before the weight class change
- then a 71, but that's not an Olympic class
- then up to a 76, but KAte Nye is in your way
- so next class is 81, but that's not an Olympic catagory (again).
- sooooo ... yep, go up to 87.
This all would've gone better for her if she made the move up back when she was topped out at 69.
Maybe now, it wouldn't be so extreme.

Kinda don't feelz for Jenny. She went to an Olympics in 2016 already (finish 6th).
Fuck it. Martha is playing the system, as she should.
Jenny just barely out totalled martha over that last 5-6 years by just a few kilos, being a class heavier.
Jenny hasn't got too much better herself even though bumping up from 75 to 81 to 87 either.
(and that kind of "data" doesn't make the future look good for martha either)

I won't pretend I don't exactly how it all works. But I suppose this leaves options open for Martha.
God forbid Nye gets injured in training, or sick, or preggo or something....martha could slip back in that spot (I think).

mbasic

KATE NYE

Post by mbasic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:42 am

Kate did a AMA on the reddit Olympic channel or something.

So TIL:

- Gymnast: She is/was involve in the bendy flippy dark arts. So yeah, another one of "those people" for your datums.

- Bend the knee: quit the gymnasting lol because knee injury, had her meniscus removed.
"deep squats are bad 4 ur knees"

- Is Bipolar. Takes the meds.
(Olympic contender level) Weightlifting did not cure her BPD. YMMV.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 pm

The arnold should be a good watch:
Kate Nye USA 76 248

Jenny Arthur USA 87 245

Matty Rogers USA 87 240

Meredith Alwine USA 71 232
I think Jenny will out lift Martha, but Martha will go to the Olympics because of the points thing.
So it will be sad if Martha posts a lower total in Tokyo than what Jenny does here.
I know that's a total apples to coconuts comparison, but if the roles were reversed, that is what
everyone would do if the roles were reversed.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but if Jenny posts an awesome total, and Martha say .... bombs.
Jenny could go to Tokyo. I'm probably wrong on this.

If Martha just stumbles a little bit, Meredith could out lift her, which really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things....
Just would be funny because .... +3 weight classes (on paper).

I don't think Katherine HAS TO do anything near maximal at all.
She can basically cruise, and post some 90-percent lifts or something.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:34 pm

Martha embraces the chunk... good things happened.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 pm

@mbasic, overall, how good of shape is the women’s portion of USAW looking? Seems that most of the classes have someone competitive in them now.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:45 pm

mgil wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 pm @mbasic, overall, how good of shape is the women’s portion of USAW looking? Seems that most of the classes have someone competitive in them now.
As far a so can tell, pretty good. All Olympic entries (Mattie, Kate, Jourdan, and Sarah) are possible medal contenders, with three of the four sitting at 3rd in the standings. It's also possible China and North Korea won't send anyone in those weight classes, and I believe North Korea is reportedly but going. First moves everyone up with Jourdan now at the three spot. And Mattie and Kate should both out perform their Nationals performances. Not sure what the other two did this week though.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:10 pm

North Korea has bowed out....cited C19 concerns (fucking lolz)

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 pm

mgil wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:17 pm mbasic, overall, how good of shape is the women’s portion of USAW looking? Seems that most of the classes have someone competitive in them now.
Haven't been keeping up with other countries TBH.....

We might get 2-3 medals as damn-man points out.
Olympics you can only medal in the total....no individual merits for snatch and CJ and their own. It's tough.

I think Martha is maxed out with what she did at Nationals and will lucky to repeat it.

Kate Nye a small increase.

It's a crazy quad with the go-stop-go-stop-'21 and the various countries being banned.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:47 am

Here's a protentional "factor" ...
Colombia was out altogether, due to a tremendous amount of positive drug tests.
But somehow they've negotiated to send 4 athletes now (instead of zero).

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... 020-status

Rogers(87) or Nye(76) might have to go up against Solis possibly.
I don't think Solis can compete at 87 because she hasn't gone to any qualifying meets.
Funny the "thicc Colombian booty queen" got out-chunked by martha in the race to 87.
Solis is still putting up 106/141-ish numbers ... so that doesn't bode well for Nye.

If they opt to send Perez .... she's a 64 an we don't have a dog in that fight (lolz at phrasing).
But while three individual Colombian athletes are contesting their doping violations, their National Federation (FCLP) has has come to an agreement with the International Testing Agency (ITA), which carries out all anti-doping procedures for the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).

Colombia can send one woman and two men to Tokyo, but must forfeit five places.
While no selections have been confirmed, the men’s places are expected to go to Luis Mosquera, a bronze medallist at Rio 2016, in the 67 kilograms and the Pan American champion Jhonatan Rivas at 96kg.
The sole female competitor is expected to be Mercedes Perez at 64kg, or possibly Leidy Solis at 76kg.
If the Colombians opt for Perez, Emily Godley will move up the 76kg rankings in the absence Solis and become Britain’s fourth female qualifier for Tokyo.
Predicted withdrawals in other weight categories could be good news for athletes from Italy, Mongolia, Chinese Taipei and Poland.
Colombia was one of only three nations, alongside China and the United States, to qualify the maximum eight athletes for Tokyo.
Weightlifting is the nation’s top sport in terms of medals won.
Under the agreement with the ITA, Colombia is cleared to begin the qualification programme, in whatever form it takes, for Paris 2024 - provided weightlifting is still on the Olympic Games programme

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 am

mbasic wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:47 am Here's a protentional "factor" ...
Colombia was out altogether, due to a tremendous amount of positive drug tests.
But somehow they've negotiated to send 4 athletes now (instead of zero).

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... 020-status

Rogers(87) or Nye(76) might have to go up against Solis possibly.
I don't think Solis can compete at 87 because she hasn't gone to any qualifying meets.
Funny the "thicc Colombian booty queen" got out-chunked by martha in the race to 87.
Solis is still putting up 106/141-ish numbers ... so that doesn't bode well for Nye.

If they opt to send Perez .... she's a 64 an we don't have a dog in that fight (lolz at phrasing).
But while three individual Colombian athletes are contesting their doping violations, their National Federation (FCLP) has has come to an agreement with the International Testing Agency (ITA), which carries out all anti-doping procedures for the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).

Colombia can send one woman and two men to Tokyo, but must forfeit five places.
While no selections have been confirmed, the men’s places are expected to go to Luis Mosquera, a bronze medallist at Rio 2016, in the 67 kilograms and the Pan American champion Jhonatan Rivas at 96kg.
The sole female competitor is expected to be Mercedes Perez at 64kg, or possibly Leidy Solis at 76kg.
If the Colombians opt for Perez, Emily Godley will move up the 76kg rankings in the absence Solis and become Britain’s fourth female qualifier for Tokyo.
Predicted withdrawals in other weight categories could be good news for athletes from Italy, Mongolia, Chinese Taipei and Poland.
Colombia was one of only three nations, alongside China and the United States, to qualify the maximum eight athletes for Tokyo.
Weightlifting is the nation’s top sport in terms of medals won.
Under the agreement with the ITA, Colombia is cleared to begin the qualification programme, in whatever form it takes, for Paris 2024 - provided weightlifting is still on the Olympic Games programme
I think Kate hit (posted) a 114 Snatch last week, so even if she's only hitting 135 (which I think is a bit low still), she's up there with Solis.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:16 am

mgil

comparing totals from IWF Tokyo qualifying meets in this quad cycle.
Is not perfect, and may be wrong to a bit .... but to give people some idea based on some "numbers" ....

Delacruz has best total is 200.
An Indian (205) and a Chinese sits in front of her (213).
She benefits from North Korea (209) opting out of Tokyo.
Also there would be another one from China (212) in front of her....but they can only send one.
So it seems she should silver, or bronze for sure.

Nye has the worst chance at medaling IMO.
The 71 and 76 thing being combined hurts her.
I think this is stacking that class.... a lot of athletes in there @76.
If she were a 71 and that was a Olympic class, she'd have a better chance.

Rogers:
Once again she benefits from North Korea completely opting out.
And China can only send one, and they have chosen this class.
There's about four South American countries with better (as good) 87's right around her best total.
Lol at her having to compete at 1-1/2 classes above her weight.

Robles (290 best qual.ttl. so far)
There are 3 Chinese much better than her (335, 327,331 ...lolz), but alas, they can only send one.
NK not sending athletes (she would be 2nd place for sure).
A Ukrainian(286) and Hubbard(285) on right on Robles' tail....
I'm not sure if UKR is banned....I think they're at least restricted in athletes that are allowed to go.

Once a start book comes out I'll update.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:28 am

damufunman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 am I think Kate hit (posted) a 114 Snatch last week, so even if she's only hitting 135 (which I think is a bit low still), she's up there with Solis.
Oh ... if we are going to cherry pick lifts from training and different venues .... I think she missed her 105 opener at Nationals,
and couldn't manage a 110 either. I wouldn't hang much hopes on that 114.

But yes Solis is getting old ... I think she's 31 and has a lot of miles on her body.

It will be interesting to see which girl they send.
Solis is more experienced, and has a storied career.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 am

mbasic wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:28 am
damufunman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:59 am I think Kate hit (posted) a 114 Snatch last week, so even if she's only hitting 135 (which I think is a bit low still), she's up there with Solis.
Oh ... if we are going to cherry pick lifts from training and different venues .... I think she missed her 105 opener at Nationals,
and couldn't manage a 110 either. I wouldn't hang much hopes on that 114.

But yes Solis is getting old ... I think she's 31 and has a lot of miles on her body.

It will be interesting to see which girl they send.
Solis is more experienced, and has a storied career.
Yeah good point. I think she did the same at PanAms as well. Hopefully can get consistency improved over next month for Tokyo.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:57 pm

start list

https://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... hletes.pdf

COL sent their 64 instead of Solis.
I do not see a Chinese lifter in the 76's.
I bolded the one's that are close to Nye or better in ability....and put down where I think they could total. If she has an outstanding meet and other falter, she could get a Silver.

BLR NAUMAVA Darya (~240)
CAN NGARLEM Kristel
CMR EYENGA MBOOSI Jeanne Gaelle
ECU DAJOMES BARRERA Neisi Patricia (~ 255-260)
GBR Emily Victoria
KOR KIM Suhyeon (~ 240-244)
LBN FATTOUH Mahassen Hala
MEX FUENTES ZAVALA Aremi (~235)
NRU ABOUKE Nancy Genzel
NZL SIGNAL Megan Ann
SWE STRENIUS Patricia Caroline
UKR DEKHA Iryna (~248 at recent Euros)
USA NYE Katherine Elizabeth (~245)
UZB FAYZULLAEVA Kumushkhon

ChrisMcCarthy1979

Post by ChrisMcCarthy1979 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Even with the missing lifters it looks like a good battle.

This has to be the last fucking Olympics with this selection process...though having said that I'd be quite happy if this was the last Olympics for Weightlifting full stop.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:55 pm

ChrisMcCarthy1979 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:19 pm Even with the missing lifters it looks like a good battle.

This has to be the last fucking Olympics with this selection process...though having said that I'd be quite happy if this was the last Olympics for Weightlifting full stop.
What they are trying to do makes sense.

- The athlete themselves have to qualify, no country slots (i.e. you sub in a juiced-to-the-gills lifter from the ranks)

- Submit to more tests by having more qualifying meets .... the could reduce the competing burden here, and just require more compulsory testing

- Keep in mind the IOC, not the IWF, fucked up the deal by eliminating those couple of weight classes.

- If the whole system was thoroughly refined, it would make more sense.

- The Olympic ideal of including countries from all different regions/continents is part of the problem.

All that said, yeah, can we just skip to 2021 Worlds in November.