How come no "Asian Hate" thread?

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Re: How come no "Asian Hate" thread?

Post by aurelius » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:35 pm

hector wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pmI think kids not going to school and adults not going to work might leave a lot more free time for previously inactive, racist people to violently act out their beliefs.

Covid likely has been bad for people's mental health which might also leave them more prone to violence.
IMO, what we are seeing with Asian Americans has to do with their success. Asian Americans 'bought in' to owning small, undesirable businesses* and excelling at school. More importantly 3rd and 4th generation Asian Americans went to school for STEM and doctors. That has translated to recent comparative success that others are not currently enjoying. I believe times are hard for many. Especially those that are 'less' essential or well-to-do. Leading mediocre people do what mediocre people do...blame others for their mediocrity.

*Don't knock it: the hand job giving business is pretty recession proof.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:48 am

I honestly think 95-99% of "what were are seeing" ...is just day to day rando crimes, crazies, etc.

Maybe their has been a very small uptick in transgressions due to "Asian Hate", but that's just noise in the grand scheme of things.

This is mostly being played out by the media.

Culican

Post by Culican » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:14 am

Asians make up 1/3 of the population in the San Francisco Bay Area so they are obviously going to make up a significant amount of crime victims. That's why headlines such as, "Son wielding a machete interrupts robbery of Asian parents in Oakland" are so ridiculous.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:21 am

mbasic wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:48 am I honestly think 95-99% of "what were are seeing" ...is just day to day rando crimes, crazies, etc.

Maybe their has been a very small uptick in transgressions due to "Asian Hate", but that's just noise in the grand scheme of things.

This is mostly being played out by the media.
Despite this general uptick in crime and violence, I have yet to see the video of a nice little ole white lady being curb stomped by a large man saying you don't belong here.

I think you are trying too hard with this 'racism against Asians is a media conspiracy' narrative. The media, WHO'S MAIN FUNCTION IS TO SALE ADVERTISEMENTS, sensationalizes EVERYTHING. Have you watched a Tucker Carlson segment? So start a thread complaining about that.
Culican wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:14 am Asians make up 1/3 of the population in the San Francisco Bay Area so they are obviously going to make up a significant amount of crime victims. That's why headlines such as, "Son wielding a machete interrupts robbery of Asian parents in Oakland" are so ridiculous.
Having just finished Season 2 of Warrior: Asian Americans have a long history of discrimination against them in California and specifically the Bay area.

Culican

Post by Culican » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:33 am

aurelius wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:21 am Having just finished Season 2 of Warrior: Asian Americans have a long history of discrimination against them in California and specifically the Bay area.
I can agree with you on that. Having lived in the Bay Area for several years I can confidently say that it is not the tolerant paradise that they make themselves out to be.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:57 pm

ehh, you guys are probably right,

its a thing now

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:15 pm

oh, this shit is great
In an interview with an African-American parent back in 2020 during the Lowell High School crisis, when Asian-American parents opposed the school district’s plans to enact its new lottery system in late October 2020, the school district blasted the parents by stating they were “racist” and responsible for the “toxic culture” at the school.

“How are Asians white adjacent? Look at where we are. Everything white people do, Asians do. They all control the corporate world together. They control big tech, the automobile market, the banking system; they’re essentially white,” the parent stated to Asian Dawn.

“Black people will always be at the mercy of white and Asian people until we take away the tools that make [them] powerful. Their companies, their technology, and their wealth and redistribute them to black people. I’m appalled my only choices in anything, including the phone I use is white-owned or Asian-owned and that’s not right. That very control is proof of white supremacy.”

The parent continued to state, “Reducing the Asian population in Lowell from 50% to 10% is the first step. Educated African-Americans can vanquish white supremacy and the white adjacency Asians share. Standardized tests have unfairly kept black students out of [these] specialized schools to further uphold white supremacy. What white and Asian people fear most is a dominant black corporate board in their companies because they’d lose control and they should lose control.”

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:25 pm

That thing actually happened and the nail salon is closed/out of business now.
https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/ ... -panthers/

But that Asian Dawn site is literal mind-poison toxicity. They're basically the anti-black racist version of Breitbart and... what's more right-wing than Breitbart? Their stuff is not good for anyone.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm

ok, if Asian-Dawn (lolz, sounds like dish soap) is trash-media .... how about ESPN then ?

"Gotta stop letting g[ooks] in Miami," Davis wrote in the since-deleted tweet.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/311 ... slur-tweet

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 pm

I don't know. Those don't concern me as much as random thugs robbing Asian old people in front of their Oakland home.

In my mind, black athlete celebrities are a class of untouchable, get-away-with-everything people... Unless they do something like domestic violence against women.

They're using racial slurs under the guise of, "I didn't know because where I'm from, certain racial slurs have different meanings, e.g. "g---" means "lame people" or "n---" means "brother".)

All seems like a pretty trash form of communication.

dw

Post by dw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm ok, if Asian-Dawn (lolz, sounds like dish soap) is trash-media .... how about ESPN then ?

I don't even particularly care about the story but it's annoying that they omit the relevant context. Was he tweeting @ an Asian person or not?

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm

dw wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 pm
mbasic wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm ok, if Asian-Dawn (lolz, sounds like dish soap) is trash-media .... how about ESPN then ?

I don't even particularly care about the story but it's annoying that they omit the relevant context. Was he tweeting @ an Asian person or not?
...serious?

I can't see how that sentence in any context can't be considered reprehensible? The use of 'gook' is one thing, but using it in a xenophobic way is a hard #2 bro.

dw

Post by dw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm
dw wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 pm

...serious?

I can't see how that sentence in any context can't be considered reprehensible? The use of 'gook' is one thing, but using it in a xenophobic way is a hard #2 bro.

I mean it's relevant to his claim that he didn't know what the word meant. If it was addressed to, for example, some random white guy then I guess his defense makes sense.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Laughter95 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 pm I don't know. Those don't concern me as much as random thugs robbing Asian old people in front of their Oakland home.
There,you kinda almost said what I was saying when I opened this thread. Random thugs committing crimes against people....who might be Asian.

Asians good with money? Frugal? esp. poor or middle class Asians....like the thing where we are going to horde cash in coffee cans and hide it in mattresses?

When the one news outlet mentioned the thing about Chinese New year, and the elderly asians getting robbed right outside the banks that hit home for me.

I've been the several of those parties in downtown (shithole) parts of Phoenix over then last 30 years....when I read that article... "retroflecting"... I was like: "OMG, it's genius. Everyone has cash. There is likely no-one here carrying a gun. No one physically intimidating. A lot of old people, and childern. They're just going to give up their money and play it safe".

Maybe word has gotten out. Easy targets.

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:05 pm

--wait a sec, you've witnessed multiple instances of robbery?

That clip is pretty hilarious. But what if Cartman were black, and Stan were an Asian elderly? I would be sweating. Is it a marker for progress if Asians can laugh at themselves like this? I asked an Asian Jewish friend for input.

Well at the risk of me sounding more anti-black... (FML)

They got a song about robbing Asians.

Yg - Meet the Flockers
First, you find a house and scope it out
Find a Chinese neighborhood, cause they don't believe in bank accounts
Second, you find a crew and a driver, someone ring the doorbell
And someone that ain't scared to do what it do
Third, you pull up at the spot
Park, watch, ring the doorbell and knock
Four, make sure nobody is home
They gone, okay it's on
Don't be scared, nigga, you're in now
If the police come you gonna find out who your friends now
That ain't them talking, that's your mind playing tricks on you
You're conscious cause you know you got nines with two clips on you
But fuck that, motherfuck that plasma
And fuck that laptop, go and get that jewelry box
You tryna get paid?
Go take that jewelry box to the Slauson they'll give you cash back
Meet the motherfucking flockers
Make some noise if you've ever stole something in your life
Don't be ashamed, it's okay, baby
Make some noise if you've ever stole a dollar out your mama's purse
This is getting dark.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Laughter95 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:05 pm --wait a sec, you've witnessed multiple instances of robbery?
I'm probably misusing words...again.
More like what could have been looking back at it now.
I would think hard and heavy of I had to go to one of those events now.

Probably a misinformation aspect to it now also to the uninformed thug...
"Asians exchange cash at big family parties for NewYear" ---> "Asians exchange cash at all parties"(bdays, weddings, graduation parties, funerals, etc) ---> Asian carry cash all the time.
They got a song about robbing Asians.
Lolz

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:44 pm

Dion Lim of ABC7 SF deserves recognition. Constantly immersed in images of people getting brutalized, interviewing victims, reporting on them.

Transcript:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/show/h ... in-america
It's unlike anything else I have ever covered, wildfires, shootings, nothing compares. And I feel myself getting emotional periodically. At any time, because unlike those situations, this is ongoing, it's constant, and it is people who look like me. It is people who look like my mother and father, people that I care about. And they feel so helpless. And they are looking to me because they see that I have a voice and I can help them.
Something's up if even PBS NewsHour is doing reporting on Asians.

...There's definitely no way I can get my mother to do a CCW... But I am probably overreacting.

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:02 pm

There's definitely issues with anti-Black sentiments from Asian people (particularly older generations) and vice versa with Black people being anti-Asian, but also stoking that resentment between communities seems like a pretty white supremacist tactic.

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:26 pm

^All very true.

Idk why this is a thing. Is there inter-minority tension between other groups? Or is it mostly just black and Asian?

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:18 am

Laughter95 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:26 pm ^All very true.

Idk why this is a thing. Is there inter-minority tension between other groups? Or is it mostly just black and Asian?
I think basically every group and black people, sometimes between other groups. It's almost like an attempt to elevate themselves into being white if they shit on black people enough. Outside of the psuedo-woke shit like "Asians are white and that's why you can only buy shit from white or asian companies which we have to overthrow", the inverse just seems to be good old fashioned xenophobia.