Snatch grip DL...lol

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

Toxguy

Snatch grip DL...lol

Post by Toxguy » Fri May 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Hey guys!

I’ve read a lot on here about how much y’all love these snatch grip deadlifts. I’ve been messing around trying to find a pulling variation that works for me and thought I would give these a go. Did I do these right? I dont think I did..

I feel like I need to sit back a little more, straighten my arms out, and not have a soft lock out, and of course keep my back in extension better. I could also take my time before I pull better. I also just took a grip that felt wide, tried to set my back and pulled.

chromoly
Magneto

Re: Snatch grip DL...lol

Post by chromoly » Fri May 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Why are you doing snatch grip deadlifts? That will help dictate some of the advice we give. For example, I often do mine with a soft lockout because I'm more focused on keeping my back in extension and staying over the bar as long as possible. For me it's just a way to get in extra pulling volume and work on good form, so it doesn't even matter if I don't lock out.

No matter what, I would definitely recommend using straps.

Toxguy

Post by Toxguy » Fri May 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi!

I pretty much do them for the same reasons u describe. I’m running the 12 week strength template from BBM and it has main DL day on Tuesday and an assistance pull on Friday. I just wanted to try these out since I heard they are good for helping keep upper back in extension, which I struggle with

Toxguy

Post by Toxguy » Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm

And I am using straps :)