Probiotics

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Idlehands
Sunshine + Unicorns

Re: Probiotics

Post by Idlehands » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 am

https://siggis.com/ > pills ferda!
icelandic provisions used to have a lime that was better than key lime pie

hector

Post by hector » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 am

platypus wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:00 am
Murelli wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am Fiber is key! Several studies support that eating a correct amount of it promotes good flora activity and its consequences - regularity, weight loss/gain, less gas, etc...

Not time to get the sources now, sorry.
I don't know about that; for a while I had to deliver offerings to the porcelain god upwards of four times a day until I started taking probiotics. Adjusting my fiber intake didn't make a difference.

I've been taking a probiotic every day for the last three weeks or so and I've only been having to sit on the toilet twice a day. It could be coincidence. But I think it's the probiotic. More experimentation will be necessary to know for sure.
What probiotic supplement are you taking?

platypus
mammal?

Post by platypus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 am

hector wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 am What probiotic supplement are you taking?
Spring Valley daily probiotic.

I should really quit taking it and actually spend the time to keep a food log and switch my diet around until I figure out what food is the culprit, but for the time being the probiotic makes things quite a bit easier.

hector

Post by hector » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 am

platypus wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 am
hector wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 am What probiotic supplement are you taking?
Spring Valley daily probiotic.

I should really quit taking it and actually spend the time to keep a food log and switch my diet around until I figure out what food is the culprit, but for the time being the probiotic makes things quite a bit easier.
I bought a huge jug of Kimchi at Costco last night.
Made myself eat a large bowl of it before eating my steak. Not a fan, but tolerable.

Thanks for the brand name. Just ordered the Spring Valley probiotic. About to get my gut biome in order.

BassPlayer

Post by BassPlayer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:22 am

I had gut issues having me hit the bathroom multiple times a day for about 4 months. Played with fiber, probiotics and all of it changed things but did not stop the issue. By chance I noticed a correlation to the severity with how much eggs I had for breakfast. Eliminated them and was better within a day. Added them back and immediately had problems again.

I keep the probiotics around to help slow down and episode of the runs. I also have made sure to get healthy amounts of soluble fiber each day from food and supplement.

Cinic

Post by Cinic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Idlehands wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 am icelandic provisions used to have a lime that was better than key lime pie
I just found that flavor here at Sprouts a few weeks ago. It's delicious.

platypus
mammal?

Post by platypus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:57 pm

BassPlayer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:22 am I had gut issues having me hit the bathroom multiple times a day for about 4 months. Played with fiber, probiotics and all of it changed things but did not stop the issue. By chance I noticed a correlation to the severity with how much eggs I had for breakfast. Eliminated them and was better within a day. Added them back and immediately had problems again.
That could definitely be my problem; I eat an ungodly amount of eggs. Not enough to impress Vince Gironda, but always at least four for breakfast and often double that. I cut back to two eggs this morning and 10 hours later I still haven't had to ride the porcelain bus. So far so good.