How to link Pictures?

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

Skid

How to link Pictures?

Post by Skid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:42 pm

How do you link pictures to your posts? I have pictures on my Google drive that I would like to share, but the link provided by Google doesn't work on the forum. How does one do it?

Thanks

thejosef

Re: How to link Pictures?

Post by thejosef » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Test...

Ok, I think that worked.. click on photo on your "My Drive".. click 3 dots on upper right... click share.. copy link...

Come to Exodus.. click on full editor and preview.. hit the TV looking icon for inputting media.. paste link in between "media" tags..

Hope that helps!

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm using Google photos. It's a pain. I have to share the image, but I can't use their link, it points to a page not an image. I have to right click on the image and copy the url. If I don't share it first, it often won't show up. . . . Instagram turns out to be easier in some ways. But it would annoy people following you if you post a ton of images. And the embedded IG images are small and low res. I mainly use it for short videos. It's way easier than using Youtube.

Skid

Post by Skid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Test

[media]https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGaVrNADCwhWp0n62[/media]

Edit - Didn't work for me. I tried the URL button too with no luck earlier. I get - It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 pm

I just upload to imgur and link from there. If you're willing to share it on one site, it's effectively public anyway.

BenM

Post by BenM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Skid wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:12 pm Test

[media]https://photos.app.goo.gl/rGaVrNADCwhWp0n62[/media]

Edit - Didn't work for me. I tried the URL button too with no luck earlier. I get - It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
The problem is that the image link Google photos gives you as a share link isn't a direct link to the image file.

Try this:

- In your Google photos library, click the image so that it opens up as a slideshow
- Right click the image and choose 'Copy image address' (if using Chrome) or 'Copy' if using IE
- Throw that URL that you just copied in between img tags - you can use the little landscape photo button in the editor to insert the tags automagically. Test:

Skid

Post by Skid » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 pm

@BenM

I followed your instructions to the letter and still got the same error message. I tried both Chrome and IE.

BenM

Post by BenM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Skid wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 pm @BenM

I followed your instructions to the letter and still got the same error message. I tried both Chrome and IE.
Strange. Are you sure you didn't miss the first step? You need to actually left click on the image first so that it opens in the lightbox (ie you'll just have a black background, and maybe some icons in the top corners if you move the mouse), it won't work if you do it from the album screen (ie the screen where your name is visible at the top).

If you did that, then I am at a loss. Maybe it works differently for the person who is the owner of the photo, but I doubt it. I was able to save it to my Google photos library and do the same thing:

You should get a really long link that starts with something like https://lh3.googleusercontent.com and ends with -no

Skid

Post by Skid » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 am

Tried it again today and it worked? Thanks for the guidance and patience Ben!

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:06 am

Skid wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 am Tried it again today and it worked? Thanks for the guidance and patience Ben!
Hmm.. I'm not seeing anything.. Just a big minus sign.. Weird.