How to access Shitposting subforum?

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

Farback

Re: How to access Shitposting subforum?

Post by Farback » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 pm

WTF Gilcrest?
I’m member 007 on here, and I can’t see the subform.

KrustyKrab65

Post by KrustyKrab65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Jjwhouston wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm well crap, 10 minimum posts? I'll start a log.
recently started lifting again after a 6 week layoff due to the flu and being lazy. Was glad to see I'm not the only one a little concerned with the cult like atmosphere in Egypt.
first post done...
How long had you been lifting prior to getting sick? I, too, have recently fought off the flu and have run out of excuses to NOT lift. Nose snot, lack of physical and mental energy, lung snot, body aches, horrible chills....all in my rearview mirror. Now it's just laziness keeping me off the platform. I mostly just don't WANT to.....but I kinda still do.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:15 pm

viewforum.php?f=5

Just saying.
Probably one of the best ways to contribute to site content.

Farback

Post by Farback » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Farback wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 pm WTF Gilcrest?
I’m member 007 on here, and I can’t see the subform.
Disregard. Figured it out and did the required intro.

Jjwhouston

Post by Jjwhouston » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

KrustyKrab65 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:12 pm
Jjwhouston wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm well crap, 10 minimum posts? I'll start a log.
recently started lifting again after a 6 week layoff due to the flu and being lazy. Was glad to see I'm not the only one a little concerned with the cult like atmosphere in Egypt.
first post done...
How long had you been lifting prior to getting sick? I, too, have recently fought off the flu and have run out of excuses to NOT lift. Nose snot, lack of physical and mental energy, lung snot, body aches, horrible chills....all in my rearview mirror. Now it's just laziness keeping me off the platform. I mostly just don't WANT to.....but I kinda still do.
well I'm an old guy now (41) and I lifted quite a bit in college, but it was bro-split stuff. I started stronglifts last year for a new years resolution and switched to starting strength in the summer. Was pretty consistent last year, but I travel quite a bit for work so I kept having to deload when I got back in the country. To be honest I just haven't been committed enough as I could have found gyms when out of town. I was in the UK in early December, was sick with the flu for about a month probably. I've been well enough to lift for a couple weeks but I've been lazy. Started back this weekend and took a big deload (30%) and it went ok. A little sore but not as bad as expected.

Nermin

Post by Nermin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Mgil is boss hog around here and I will not have anyone sully his already besmirched name.

The man compromise between 0 and 20 right down the middle. Straight shooter, upper management. Log your training. I do, every 12th workout or so.

I just re-read the thread and realize I contributed nothing of value. Returning to shadow subforum cesspool...

KrustyKrab65

Post by KrustyKrab65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Jjwhouston wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm
KrustyKrab65 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:12 pm
first post done...
well I'm an old guy now (41) and I lifted quite a bit in college, but it was bro-split stuff. I started stronglifts last year for a new years resolution and switched to starting strength in the summer. Was pretty consistent last year, but I travel quite a bit for work so I kept having to deload when I got back in the country. To be honest I just haven't been committed enough as I could have found gyms when out of town. I was in the UK in early December, was sick with the flu for about a month probably. I've been well enough to lift for a couple weeks but I've been lazy. Started back this weekend and took a big deload (30%) and it went ok. A little sore but not as bad as expected.
Man, if I wasn't 12yrs your senior, I'd swear we were twins! I also started with Stronglifts and after about 6mos switched over to Starting Strength. That was back in 2014-15. LP was kinda jacked by the time I made the switch. Been doing intermediate programming for about three years and keep running into the same numbers. Like you, mostly due to illness or vacation or 'stuff' I stop....then deload....then climb back up.

All in all i'm pretty consistent, but when I fall off the wagon I find it harder to get back on. Basically, I know what must be done....stop being a little bitch and lift.

Good luck with your endeavors here, sir! I'm sure I'll see you around, so to speak.

asdf

Post by asdf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Upthread, I made a post that contained this line:
asdf wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am @mgil made it sound like I was given access. But now you're saying that I have to make 20 posts first.
Why didn't "@mil" appear in red as a mention? Am I doing it wrong? Does it have to do with the fact that I'm still new?

Trying to learn.

#olddognewtricks

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:20 am

asdf wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm Upthread, I made a post that contained this line:
asdf wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am @mgil made it sound like I was given access. But now you're saying that I have to make 20 posts first.
Why didn't "@mil" appear in red as a mention? Am I doing it wrong? Does it have to do with the fact that I'm still new?

Trying to learn.

#olddognewtricks
You can put manually using this:

Code: Select all

[mention]nickname you want to call[/mention]

cwd

Post by cwd » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:57 am

I strongly recommend the manual method using the "mention" tags above over using the ampersand.

My browser (linux chrome) acts up pretty severely using the naked ampersand.

asdf

Post by asdf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:01 am

Got it. Thanks @Murelli and @cwd.