Engage Bear Mode, or... Who is on a bulk?

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Re: Engage Bear Mode, or... Who is on a bulk?

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:36 am

Up 16.5lbs since weigh in March 23rd lol
177lb AM weight

It's probably safe to say i was up at least the 6.5lbs portion by end of meet day.
Still, time to slow my rate of gain

I'm not eager to be over the -82.5kg class limit this soon.
November is the likely meet date.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:52 am

I'm committing the unthinkable; a summer bulk.

I've been around 190# for 6 months, this morning's waist circumference was 33", and maintenance is extremely intuitive for me. I probably eat ~2600 cal/day of "healthy" food, and 800-1000 of garbage.*

I have ulcerative colitis, and I think the garbage is starting to catch up me with as evidenced by recent flair ups correlating with increased garbage. So the plan before deciding to bulk was to get more clean calories and decrease the junk food.

So I've put myself in the interesting position of wanting to eat more calories while simultaneously eating less junk. I'm planning on adding more healthy fats to my meals, but I'm worried it will increase satiety and I'll end up, once again, maintaining instead of gaining. I really don't want to count macros and force myself to eat uncomfortable amounts of clean food. We'll see!

*healthy food = fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, rice, nuts, and oats
garbage = 5 fun size snickers or 3 servings of kids cereal after 2 of my 4 daily healthy meals and icecream before bed

alek

Post by alek » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am

broseph wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:52 am I'm committing the unthinkable; a summer bulk.

I've been around 190# for 6 months, this morning's waist circumference was 33", and maintenance is extremely intuitive for me. I probably eat ~2600 cal/day of "healthy" food, and 800-1000 of garbage.*

I have ulcerative colitis, and I think the garbage is starting to catch up me with as evidenced by recent flair ups correlating with increased garbage. So the plan before deciding to bulk was to get more clean calories and decrease the junk food.

So I've put myself in the interesting position of wanting to eat more calories while simultaneously eating less junk. I'm planning on adding more healthy fats to my meals, but I'm worried it will increase satiety and I'll end up, once again, maintaining instead of gaining. I really don't want to count macros and force myself to eat uncomfortable amounts of clean food. We'll see!

*healthy food = fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, rice, nuts, and oats
garbage = 5 fun size snickers or 3 servings of kids cereal after 2 of my 4 daily healthy meals and icecream before bed
Good luck, dude. I'm not exactly sure how quickly I'll be gaining, but I too want to try to do it without eating copious amounts of pizza and fast food.

Costco has a Heart Healthy Nut Mix of almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc. that I've been enjoying lately. A 1/4 cup is 200 calories of a bit of fiber and lots of unsaturated fats; for your easy surplus.