Pipe and Tobacco Thread

Recipes and such

Moderator: d0uevenlift

Testiclaw

Re: Pipe and Tobacco Thread

Post by Testiclaw » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 pm

LexAnderson wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:43 am
Testiclaw wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am MM Cobs are also great choices for a first pipe, because you won't feel bad about burning the shit out of it the first handful of times.
I checked out a few cob ones, but I don't really find one that I thought suited my style or personality lol. #basic
Totally understand, I'm the same way. I enjoy their utility, but am not fond of the general style.

conssam

Post by conssam » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 pm

I am looking for a change in my life, can someone recommend me a good and tasty tabacoo

TornAlien

Post by TornAlien » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:35 am

I wish I could smoke rolling tobacco again, as I did back in the day. I have not been feeling well lately. I have some health problems. So, I had to quit smoking tobacco. However, it's not that easy to quit smoking forever when you have been doing this for a significant part of your life. So, I was forced to find an alternative. I started using some disposable vape pods. My wife found this website https://nexussmoke.com/products/air-bar-ab10000-10000-puff-air-bar-disposable-vape-5-nicotine and ordered me a box full of this vape because she was seeing me struggling without smoking, so she decided to help me out. This vaping thing is not comparable to smoking tobacco, but it's not that bad, either.
Last edited by TornAlien on Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:20 am

conssam wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 pm I am looking for a change in my life, can someone recommend me a good and tasty tabacoo
Stock advice is to get a corn cob pipe (or several)- Missouri Meerschaum is a great source. Cobs don't need to be broken in and can be pretty forgiving regarding heat and moisture control.

It's been a while for me, but I always loved the tobacco blends from Dunhill. I was sad when they stopped, but apparently Peterson is making their stuff now? It's under the exact same proprietary names and tin artwork, so I assume it's official and not "copycat."

From Peterson;
-Early Morning Pipe is mild and always seemed to taste how I thought tobacco is supposed to taste, if that makes any sense.
-Nightcap is more bold and heavy and also great.

Otherwise there's always the flavored blends from brick and mortar stores, which I think are just house-names attached to proprietary blends from Lane. It's what the average non-pipe smoker thinks of when they think of pipe tobacco.

I think you can get Carter Hall from brick and mortars? That's a classic blend with just a hint of flavoring.

In closing, corn cob and carter hall would be my rec' for a solid yet inexpensive first pipe experience.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm

broseph wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:20 amI always loved the tobacco blends from Dunhill. I was sad when they stopped
You should really try Wilke's 111 and Crystal Palace. They way-out-Dunhill Dunhill (I also like Dunhill).

https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/wilkeb ... aticblends

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 pm

Hanley wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm
broseph wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:20 amI always loved the tobacco blends from Dunhill. I was sad when they stopped
You should really try Wilke's 111 and Crystal Palace. They way-out-Dunhill Dunhill (I also like Dunhill).

I haven't smoked in over a year... But I now I want to again.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 pm

broseph wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 pm
Hanley wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm

I haven't smoked in over a year... But I now I want to again.
I "quit". But I'll smoke if you smoke.