Sumo Deadlift Form Check

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

alek

Sumo Deadlift Form Check

Post by alek » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:28 am

Hey all,

Here's a video of my sumo deadlifting; I'm trying to give a real go this time. I'm sure my technique isn't the greatest, and I'd appreciate any feedback.

On a set after this one, I tried not lowering my hips prior to pulling, and it felt a lot like a conventional stiff-legged deadlift. Is that what I should be doing, or is the hip lowering part of the sumo process?

Thanks in advance, all.

Hardartery

Re: Sumo Deadlift Form Check

Post by Hardartery » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:37 pm

alek wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:28 am Hey all,

Here's a video of my sumo deadlifting; I'm trying to give a real go this time. I'm sure my technique isn't the greatest, and I'd appreciate any feedback.

On a set after this one, I tried not lowering my hips prior to pulling, and it felt a lot like a conventional stiff-legged deadlift. Is that what I should be doing, or is the hip lowering part of the sumo process?

Thanks in advance, all.
You look like you are pulling conventional but the legs are wrong. The shoulders are staying too far forward, your start is fine and the low hips are fine but you need to be pulling the shoulders back and pushing the hips through instead of lifting up and then exaggerating the lockout at the top.

alek

Post by alek » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:04 am

First workset of yesterday's workout. I'm not sure if there's any difference although I was trying to get my torso a little more upright at the start.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:01 pm

alek wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:04 am First workset of yesterday's workout. I'm not sure if there's any difference although I was trying to get my torso a little more upright at the start.

Looks better

alek

Post by alek » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:14 pm

Thanks, I’ll keep at it.