Lasha is animal....

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

cole

Lasha is animal....

Post by cole » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:42 pm

this guy is out of control. gigantic human with immense strength. genetic anomoly. why are these central asian lifters such beasts? Iran, Georgia, Turkmentistan...

mbasic

Re: Lasha is animal....

Post by mbasic » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 pm

It's easy, get banned when your 18, get off WADA's radar for 4 years, do a shit ton of drugs in that period....come back, be world champion.

I actually like him. He seems pretty humble and mild mannered.....stays level headed, at only 22yo at the Olympics competing for gold and all.

platypus
mammal?

Post by platypus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 pm

cole wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:42 pm this guy is out of control. gigantic human with immense strength. genetic anomoly. why are these central asian lifters such beasts? Iran, Georgia, Turkmentistan...
I wonder what other sports are available to them, and if there's any money to be made?

I suspect a lot of the guys who'd kill at weightlifting in the US are playing for the NFL. This is merely my uninformed hypothesis, though.

cole

Post by cole » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:41 pm

platypus wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 pm
cole wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:42 pm this guy is out of control. gigantic human with immense strength. genetic anomoly. why are these central asian lifters such beasts? Iran, Georgia, Turkmentistan...
I wonder what other sports are available to them, and if there's any money to be made?

I suspect a lot of the guys who'd kill at weightlifting in the US are playing for the NFL. This is merely my uninformed hypothesis, though.
statistically yes, the country of Georgia has around 4 million people where the USA has around 310 million so of course our selection will be greater therfor all likelyhood we would have better athletes. cultural factors come into play, like they prob pay their lifters to compete, and perhaps weightlifing is more popular and revered. my guess is most NFL players would make great weightlifters, and Lasha would probably make a great NFL player himself. genetics are hard to defy