Israetel and Fouad

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

Hardartery

Israetel and Fouad

Post by Hardartery » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:50 am

Focussed on hypertrophy and BBing, but still interesting. Honestly, more interesting than either one of them usually is separately.

quikky

Re: Israetel and Fouad

Post by quikky » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:14 pm

Hardartery wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:50 am Focussed on hypertrophy and BBing, but still interesting. Honestly, more interesting than either one of them usually is separately.

That was a pretty good episode. I also agree with Israetel about the term "progressive overload" being misleading. Kind of like stress is a poor term for stimulus, progressive overload is a poor term for... Continued stimulus?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:50 pm

quikky wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:14 pm
Hardartery wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:50 am Focussed on hypertrophy and BBing, but still interesting. Honestly, more interesting than either one of them usually is separately.
That was a pretty good episode. I also agree with Israetel about the term "progressive overload" being misleading. Kind of like stress is a poor term for stimulus, progressive overload is a poor term for... Continued stimulus?
I was genuinely surprised, I expected to get part way in and move on. It helped that I agreed with what he was saying, and that I knew exactly what the drive from Hamilton to Toronto is, I spent a winter doing it for work. He explained some things that I have tended to do, and why they worked for me, like DB Flyes with the deep stretch (I try and tap the floor when I do them). I didn't know there was science behind it.

DCR

Post by DCR » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:36 am

That was really valuable - thanks for posting.