Who is on a cut?

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

dw

Re: Who is on a cut?

Post by dw » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:46 am

@Wilhelm

I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere but what's your height and weight in that picture?

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:29 am

dw wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:46 am @Wilhelm

I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere but what's your height and weight in that picture?
5'9"
184lbs AM

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon May 01, 2023 4:34 am

182 pounds this morning.

I have "essentially" made it down to -82.5kg class.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 am

Wilhelm wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:34 am 182 pounds this morning.

I have "essentially" made it down to -82.5kg class.
Lean, mean, fighting machine!

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri May 26, 2023 6:29 am

81.6kg/180lb this morning.

I'd like that to be my daytime fed and watered weight.
It's getting more challenging now that i'm somewhat lean.
Gonna get the pain out of the way now though while i still have the focus.

Still going light on lower lifts as my back continues to recover, so it's a good time in that regard.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:54 pm

I look more noticeably built even after not having lifted weights for a year. Down to 169lbs + almost a year of fairly intense running. Finally broke my plateau by hovering around 1600-1800 calories which sucks ass but I'm getting used to it faster than I though.

Goal is 162lbs at 5'9, which is honestly fairly small but I look terrible at heavier weights. I have shitty fat distribution.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:42 am

I've been bulking for 6 months, current stats are height 1m80/5'11, weight 97 kgs/214 lbs, waist 92 cm/36 inches, arms 42 cm/16.5 inches. This is the biggest I've ever been. Time to cut back to do it again. Next week I start to cut, I'm shooting for a 8 weeks cut, eating 2200 kcal, 200 g protein. Let's see how this goes.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:17 pm

167lbs this morning.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:48 am

177lbs this morning

Down two weight classes for competition.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:01 pm

I'm done.
Going to maintenance now with 2,500 calories/day.
Was 210lbs mid October, and i'm starting to feel bench suffering if i keep this up.
4 inches off my waist though.
Time to just get strong at this weight.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:05 pm

6 weeks into the cut, lost 4 kgs (9 lbs) of bodyweight and 4 cm (1.5 inches) in my waistline. No notable loss of strength. A few more weeks to go. Funny enough cutting is easier without counting calories, I just shoot for 2 solid meals and 2 large protein shakes.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:09 pm

164lbs after (as in, the next day) a whole day of sleep deprivation induced diarrhea: is it valid?

I'm close to reaching my goal but I still feel fat. The shame of the Schutzstaffel Strength dreamer bulk can never be washed away, not with ketosis coffee nor with Dial® antibiotic soap, scrubbing until my skin is redder than the flush of a Texan's barbecue jowls. Moments are not "lost to time" as they say, they only become unreachable by the mechanism by which we conduct our lives, a ceaseless march forward to an unassailable nowhere.

If we only we could rearrange the atoms and bring the people and set pieces and relive any time, at any time. Dominion over the physical, isn't this what this fitness thing is about? It says nothing about what's upstairs. Can I deadlift the feelings back into place? I don't know.

For those few, priceless years of my early twenties, I was a pudge. I was a motherfucking blot. Hobbling around, lost, with loose dishwater stained rags, steam radiating off them in exactly climated controlled 84 degree fahrenheit California heat. Painfully socioeconomic realities scarred me just as badly as seborheic dermatitis does my scalp in the present day.

I don't have an answer to any of it.

This weight loss thing is funny, since on a long enough time scale virtually all of us are going to weigh nothing. What's the shame in waiting? After all, all we have ever had is now.

dw

Post by dw » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:57 pm

Sleep deprivation induced diarrhea is real imo.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:05 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:09 pm 164lbs after (as in, the next day) a whole day of sleep deprivation induced diarrhea: is it valid?

I'm close to reaching my goal but I still feel fat. The shame of the Schutzstaffel Strength dreamer bulk can never be washed away, not with ketosis coffee nor with Dial® antibiotic soap, scrubbing until my skin is redder than the flush of a Texan's barbecue jowls. Moments are not "lost to time" as they say, they only become unreachable by the mechanism by which we conduct our lives, a ceaseless march forward to an unassailable nowhere.

If we only we could rearrange the atoms and bring the people and set pieces and relive any time, at any time. Dominion over the physical, isn't this what this fitness thing is about? It says nothing about what's upstairs. Can I deadlift the feelings back into place? I don't know.

For those few, priceless years of my early twenties, I was a pudge. I was a motherfucking blot. Hobbling around, lost, with loose dishwater stained rags, steam radiating off them in exactly climated controlled 84 degree fahrenheit California heat. Painfully socioeconomic realities scarred me just as badly as seborheic dermatitis does my scalp in the present day.

This weight loss thing is funny, since on a long enough time scale virtually all of us are going to weigh nothing. What's the shame in waiting? After all, all we have ever had is now.
Both sleep deprivation and diarrhea will make you dehydrated, so it makes sense that you would lose weight.

Also I don't think that your early twenties are necessary more priceless than any other period of your life. If anything I'm happier with my life in my late 30's (I'm almost 40 now) then in my early 20's. Depending on your actions and circumstances you can make any period of your life either unforgettable or intolerable.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:49 pm

CheekiBreekiFitness wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:05 pm
EggMcMuffin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:09 pm 164lbs after (as in, the next day) a whole day of sleep deprivation induced diarrhea: is it valid?

Both sleep deprivation and diarrhea will make you dehydrated, so it makes sense that you would lose weight.

Also I don't think that your early twenties are necessary more priceless than any other period of your life. If anything I'm happier with my life in my late 30's (I'm almost 40 now) then in my early 20's. Depending on your actions and circumstances you can make any period of your life either unforgettable or intolerable.
I just turned 51, my 20's sucked to be honest and I don't miss them at all. I am having a way better life now.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:08 pm

Look outside

I know that you'll recognize, it's summertime

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:12 am

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

On a cut
Have a huge cheat dinner and dessert- LOTS of sodium and carbs
Expect to be heavy the next morning (a benign and transient increase)
Typical pre-weigh-in bowel movement
Somehow down 2 pounds from yesterday

This happened to me today, and it's not the first time. The only possible explanation I can think is that I'm used to eating high fiber/slow digesting foods while cutting, and the sweet, greasy, low fiber feast is quickly and more completely absorbed resulting in reduced gut contents the next morning.

I'm just surprised the effect is larger than the extra water weight storage from all the salt and sugar.

5hout

Post by 5hout » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:18 am

broseph wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:12 am Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

On a cut
Have a huge cheat dinner and dessert- LOTS of sodium and carbs
Expect to be heavy the next morning (a benign and transient increase)
Typical pre-weigh-in bowel movement
Somehow down 2 pounds from yesterday

This happened to me today, and it's not the first time. The only possible explanation I can think is that I'm used to eating high fiber/slow digesting foods while cutting, and the sweet, greasy, low fiber feast is quickly and more completely absorbed resulting in reduced gut contents the next morning.

I'm just surprised the effect is larger than the extra water weight storage from all the salt and sugar.
There is a name for this. I can't find the exact thing atm but it's out of the Minnesota Starvation Experiment or one of the follow on studies (iirc). "Volunteers" fed low cal diets. Linear weight loss for a while. Plateau or decline in weight loss rates after a period of sustained cutting. Feeding one larger than average meal (iirc it was something like 25% larger in the study). Overnight weight loss of 1-4 lbs.

Above this is stuff I remember well. Below this is weak reccolection.

I think their explanation was something to do with how (during a sustained cut) the body holds onto a progressively increasing abnormal amount of fluids, but then something in how the extra calories get processed into glycogen creates a release of this held water. Basically (the theory goes) the extra water allows better than normal processing of a calorie glut. When I was good at keto I would see this fairly regularly.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:48 am

@5hout I could not have asked for a better response to my query.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:32 pm

image url

Should I keep going

Do I just have to keep eating 1600 calories forever

I feel like dying lmao