Mar-a-lago Bebop

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Trump Gate 2022

DOJ and FBI investigating a for sure serious crime
69%
DOJ and FBI on a fishing expedition
11%
Trump is an innocent bystander being attacked by the political machine
6%
Other
14%

Total votes: 36

cgeorg

Re: Mar-a-lago Bebop

Post by cgeorg » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:07 am

2) Normal? It certainly seems to not be. Correct? I too ANAL.

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Post by BostonRugger » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:39 am

It is encouraging that despite our differences, and in a highly polarized political environment, we can come together and enjoy the I am not a lawyer joke.

mikeylikey
Rabble Rouser

Post by mikeylikey » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:29 pm

mikeylikey wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:47 am
aurelius wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:28 am
As to the why I think he had those documents: 1) Trump believes he could shoot a man in cold blood and get away with it. 2) blackmail for a rainy day
I'm just guessing like everybody else, but in my imagination, Trump believes himself to be a righteous actor among a sea of soundrels, and the DeEp sTatE LiBtArdS are going to persecute him by telling LIES (SAD!) about what he did while in office. My guess is the various documents he kept were calculated by him to be useful some way in refuting whatever lies he expects to be told about him, especially when he runs for office again in '24. "See, I never said that, and this transcript proves it" etc. Leak it to the press and then tweet (truthpost?) the news story.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics/trump-tape-didnt-declassify-secret-information/index.html wrote:
“Well, with Milley – uh, let me see that, I’ll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him,” Trump says, according to the transcript. “They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:22 pm

mikeylikey wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:29 pm“Well, with Milley – uh, let me see that, I’ll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him,” Trump says, according to the transcript. “They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”
Based on the audio recording a much simpler and stupid reason is why he kept the documents: to show off. Which is on brand for Trump.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:14 am

Two people have plead guilty and must fully cooperate (including testify) with the prosecution in the Georgia case against Trump. Is Trump proper fucked?

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:01 pm

aurelius wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:14 am Two people have plead guilty and must fully cooperate (including testify) with the prosecution in the Georgia case against Trump. Is Trump proper fucked?
Meh? With Trump, I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, he's pretty much made of teflon. But.. maybe this time will be different? Maybe??

DCR

Post by DCR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:34 pm

Hiphopapotamus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:01 pm
aurelius wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:14 am Two people have plead guilty and must fully cooperate (including testify) with the prosecution in the Georgia case against Trump. Is Trump proper fucked?
Meh? With Trump, I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, he's pretty much made of teflon. But.. maybe this time will be different? Maybe??
It won’t be.