steroids in sports

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

CaptainAwesome

Re: steroids in sports

Post by CaptainAwesome » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:05 pm

mouse wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:39 pm Rock blew the fuck up so much that he's kind of hard to look at and definately impossible to take seriously on Instagram...
He was definitely on shit in WWF/E, the attitude era featured a lot of the guys trying to one up each other by getting fucking huge. I remember at one point it looked like Triple H and Steve Austin were in direct competition to have the biggest biceps on TV. Every week it seemed like they got a bit bigger. Then when Rock left to go to hollywood, he shrank. This perplexed everyone. But later, he got huge again. Now he's a 50 year old muscle mountain walking around all the time in striking distance of bodybuilding competition levels of bodyfat. When I see celebrity physiques that roller-coaster like that, I think PEDs are probably involved. Its the only explanation I can think of for drastically going back and forth like that, aside from deliberate starvation and avoidance of all training.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:15 pm

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said he uses moderate weight and a technique called supersets to pump up his upper body workouts, and shared an intense workout for fans to take on.

Johnson posted a clip of his Saturday session in his gym, "the Iron Paradise," on Instagram, challenging followers to try the routine.

The workout involves eight exercises total, split into four supersets of two exercises performed one after another with little rest in between, and resting 60-75 seconds between each superset. In the clip, the Rock does dumbbell incline bench presses and cable rows.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rock-shared- ... 37822.html

This is the shit I hate about the Rock. You want to get jacked like him all you have to do is superset :lol:

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm

zappey1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:15 pm
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said he uses moderate weight and a technique called supersets to pump up his upper body workouts, and shared an intense workout for fans to take on.

Johnson posted a clip of his Saturday session in his gym, "the Iron Paradise," on Instagram, challenging followers to try the routine.

The workout involves eight exercises total, split into four supersets of two exercises performed one after another with little rest in between, and resting 60-75 seconds between each superset. In the clip, the Rock does dumbbell incline bench presses and cable rows.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rock-shared- ... 37822.html

This is the shit I hate about the Rock. You want to get jacked like him all you have to do is superset :lol:
Ah yes, the SuperSet. I've heard of this powerful method to put on slabs of muscle. Many do not try SuperSet, because your muscles will outgrow your tendons and bones. Its rather dangerous. Or, you'll get so big you won't fit through doorways, and will have to buy a new house with extra wide openings. In this market with the current interest rates, could be a real bummer.

I'll stick to P90X thank you very much. No SuperSets for me. I just want to get toned.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:41 am

I guess this goes here..because " TRT++ "
....steroids accusations.

I would hope that's an extreme burnout finisher set or something, but I don't think it is....cuz I'm sure one would Post/video an impressive effort.

On one hand, people saying: "look! StErOiDs!!!"....but then again....only 115 brah?

KyleSchuant
Take It Easy

Post by KyleSchuant » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:44 am

If you watch the videos of guys like Henry Cavill training for Superman and the like, it's often surprising how little weight they're using compared to their size.

houzi

Post by houzi » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:01 am

I thought this probably belongs in here:

https://enhanced.org/
When developing the Enhanced Games, we took the very best of the existing sports leagues and distilled the best qualities from each. We are reinventing sports from a blank slate, unencumbered by anachronistic legacy systems. This survey formed the backbone of the event plan of the Enhanced Games, which seeks to be the most efficient international sports event.

The Enhanced Games aims to be the safest international sporting event in history. We embrace the inclusion of science in sports, and we fundamentally believe that the choice to use enhancements is a personal one. In order to keep our athletes safe during competition, we are introducing a mandated pre-competition full-system medical screening protocol, which will help monitor cardiac risks, and other health markers.

Backed by billionaires and the world’s leading venture capital firms, Enhanced will be able to self-fund the running of the Enhanced Games – and highlight the inherent wastefulness of the Olympic Movement.

The Enhanced Games is designed to incorporate the technological and social advances of the 21st Century. Because the Games have been designed by athletes, for athletes, athletes’ rights are central to our decision making – which is why we have a fair remuneration structure, and are protecting our athletes’ rights to bodily autonomy. Full details of the compensation structure will be announced in mid-2024. After all, if it’s your body, it should be your choice. By embracing science and not drug-testing, athletes competing in the Enhanced Games will be able to use medicine and performance therapies that help them perform at their best, on an open, fair, and honest playing field.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:57 am

houzi wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:01 am I thought this probably belongs in here:

https://enhanced.org/
When developing the Enhanced Games, we took the very best of the existing sports leagues and distilled the best qualities from each. We are reinventing sports from a blank slate, unencumbered by anachronistic legacy systems. This survey formed the backbone of the event plan of the Enhanced Games, which seeks to be the most efficient international sports event.

The Enhanced Games aims to be the safest international sporting event in history. We embrace the inclusion of science in sports, and we fundamentally believe that the choice to use enhancements is a personal one. In order to keep our athletes safe during competition, we are introducing a mandated pre-competition full-system medical screening protocol, which will help monitor cardiac risks, and other health markers.

Backed by billionaires and the world’s leading venture capital firms, Enhanced will be able to self-fund the running of the Enhanced Games – and highlight the inherent wastefulness of the Olympic Movement.

The Enhanced Games is designed to incorporate the technological and social advances of the 21st Century. Because the Games have been designed by athletes, for athletes, athletes’ rights are central to our decision making – which is why we have a fair remuneration structure, and are protecting our athletes’ rights to bodily autonomy. Full details of the compensation structure will be announced in mid-2024. After all, if it’s your body, it should be your choice. By embracing science and not drug-testing, athletes competing in the Enhanced Games will be able to use medicine and performance therapies that help them perform at their best, on an open, fair, and honest playing field.
Pretty sure this is a vaporware type of thing....some version of this had been circulating around in the Track & Field realm for about a year now.

It will never happen. The people talented enough to post impressive marks doping are currently pros....and many are doping already

5hout

Post by 5hout » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:27 am

TEAM INFO. Two weeks after being notified of a positive doping test for ostarine, Ysaora Thibus and her defense believe they have found the source of contamination, of which her companion, Race Imboden, is believed to be the origin.

The pace is accelerating for Ysaora Thibus, and it could not be otherwise, since she learned, on February 8, that she had undergone a positive doping test for ostarine. When she gave up analyzing sample B last Tuesday, the foilist said, in a press release, that she had “identified the probable origin of this contamination. »

And his lawyer, Maître Joëlle Monlouis, confirmed to us this Saturday: “We know the source of the contamination: his companion, Race Imboden. He took a product that contained ostarine and which contaminated Ysaora. The transmission that allowed this contamination was through bodily fluids. »

Former foil fencer, Olympic medalist with the United States team, Race Imboden, who formalized his retirement last year, is also part of Ysaora Thibus' sports management.

“Our difficulty is the time limit, we must be fixed as soon as possible to allow Ysaora to be able to participate in the Olympic Games” Joëlle Monlouis, lawyer for Ysaora Thibus
“I formed a team around Ysaora that I coordinate, with a scientific part, where we find Professor Jean-Claude Alvarez and Professor Gérard Dine, and for the legal part I intervene with my colleague Thierry Chiron, continues Master Monlouis. Our goal, which has always been the same from the start, is to prove that Ysaora never took this product. Our difficulty is the time limit, we must be set as early as possible to allow Ysaora to participate in the Olympic Games. We did what was necessary to ensure that the analyzes took place as quickly as possible, and this allowed us to observe proven contamination, taking into account the ongoing assessments. We are ready, the only thing we are waiting for is to be able to have an accelerated procedure that can be set as soon as possible. »

published on February 24, 2024 at 10:46 a.m. updated February 24, 2024 at 11:13 a.m.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Jo-2024-paris/Es ... ne/1450698

So her excuse is that her boyfriend took Ostarine and that's why she popped.

Problem:
Her boyfriend loves taking shirtless pictures.
2016:
https://imgur.com/a/XIs7iOi
2019:
https://thelast-magazine.com/race-imbod ... w-profile/
2024:
https://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-conte ... ara-04.jpg

If he is doping to achieve these results, with no real job but training, lifting and taking shirtless pictures than may the iron have mercy on his soul.

HOWEVER, during the pandemic or shortly after he did post a training plan (I cannot find it now, RIP reddit search) and it was fucking pants on head idiotic. It was a great calisthenics workout, build as a hypertrophy/explosiveness combo workout. If Imboden actually believes what he was posting it might explain why his physique capped out at "basically just a lean athlete" and he resorted to drugs.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a 9.5/10 look, and is def the kind of look most women would prefer over (say) an IFBB body or https://www.ironcompany.com/media/blog/ ... lender.png, but good lord man. Drugs to look like that?