Powerlifting Meets/Results

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Post Reply
User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#181

Post by alek » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:09 am

Wilhelm wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:11 pm
alek wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:13 am I snagged one of the last spots for that meet in November. I think there are only two left now.

South Georgia Barbell Brawl

Edit: Only one left now.

Edit: Well, I'm guaranteed finish in the top 3 of my weightclass/division...
Nice!

I'm expecting the second iteration of the Carrie Boudreau memorial meet to be happening in early November again.
Training for it, and just waiting for the announcement.
Thanks!

Aren’t you getting close to that 227.5kg deadlift? I bet it’ll happen for you at that meet.

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#182

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:54 am

alek wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:09 am
Wilhelm wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:11 pm
alek wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:13 am I snagged one of the last spots for that meet in November. I think there are only two left now.

South Georgia Barbell Brawl

Edit: Only one left now.

Edit: Well, I'm guaranteed finish in the top 3 of my weightclass/division...
Nice!

I'm expecting the second iteration of the Carrie Boudreau memorial meet to be happening in early November again.
Training for it, and just waiting for the announcement.
Thanks!

Aren’t you getting close to that 227.5kg deadlift? I bet it’ll happen for you at that meet.
It really should have happened this last meet.
After missing my 3rd squat, and less than 2.5 hours sleep, i just went safe and didn't really evaluate how the 2nd moved.
Matched meet best 222.5kg and secured my tiny 2.5kg total PR

222.5kg 3rd moved well.
(Graphic is wrong)

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#183

Post by alek » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:51 pm

@wilhelm, well that just means you can go for 230+ in November!

User avatar
augeleven
Registered User
Posts: 4518
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 pm
Location: 9th level
Age: 43

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#184

Post by augeleven » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am

Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#185

Post by alek » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:52 am

augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
Hell yeah!!

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#186

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:51 pm

augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
Excellent!

User avatar
Hardartery
Registered User
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Fat City

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#187

Post by Hardartery » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 pm

augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
I'm all positivity and cheering you on, unless Monkeypox shuts the damn planet down again. In which case I'm hunting you down.Just sayin...

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#188

Post by alek » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 am

augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
Forgot to ask... when is the meet? Do you have a training plan for it?

User avatar
augeleven
Registered User
Posts: 4518
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 pm
Location: 9th level
Age: 43

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#189

Post by augeleven » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:51 am

alek wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 am
augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
Forgot to ask... when is the meet? Do you have a training plan for it?
11/12/22
I have a some trips planned this summer, and a nice boring life from after Labor Day to the meet. After I get back from this camping trip I’m gonna run a cycle of the 3 week Montana Method as an accumulation phase, deload at Busch Gardens, run another 4ish week block trying to beat the last block’s volume, deload with a trip to Poland with my quartet, then do my version of the 2 week Montana Method to get super specific.

My main goal is to weigh in for the 198 class, as my main goal is still weight loss. I’m sure I’ll total over 1,000, but I’m not chasing any non-weight numbers.

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#190

Post by alek » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:43 am

augeleven wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:51 am
alek wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 am
augeleven wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am Just signed up for my first powerlifting meet…again.
Let’s hope me signing up for a meet doesn’t trigger another global pandemic.
Forgot to ask... when is the meet? Do you have a training plan for it?
11/12/22
I have a some trips planned this summer, and a nice boring life from after Labor Day to the meet. After I get back from this camping trip I’m gonna run a cycle of the 3 week Montana Method as an accumulation phase, deload at Busch Gardens, run another 4ish week block trying to beat the last block’s volume, deload with a trip to Poland with my quartet, then do my version of the 2 week Montana Method to get super specific.

My main goal is to weigh in for the 198 class, as my main goal is still weight loss. I’m sure I’ll total over 1,000, but I’m not chasing any non-weight numbers.
Cool! Good luck!!

cole
Registered User
Posts: 2983
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm
Location: Ft Collins, Colorado
Age: 40

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#191

Post by cole » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:19 pm

Saturday, Sep 10th, 2022
2022 Staying Alive Champions in Ft Collins

Weigh ins: 97.5 kg (215), competed in the 100kg class

Squat with Belt

375lbs x 1 @ 7
396lbs x 1 @ 8
408lbs x 1 @ 9
Total x Stress: @ 1.77,
Central x Stress: @ 2.55

Notes: in klios: 175, 180, 185

1ct Pause Bench Press

297lbs x 1 @ 7
308lbs x 1 @ 8
314lbs x 1 @ 9
Total x Stress: @ 1.91,
Central x Stress: @ 2.83

Notes: in kilos: 135, 140, 142.5

Deadlift (conv)

405lbs x 1 @ 7
430lbs x 1 @ 8
451lbs x 1 @ 9
Total x Stress: @ 1.62,
Central x Stress: @ 2.26

Notes: in kilos: 185, 195, 205


Meet total: 532.5 (1172)

--> Meet was super fun, I went 9/9 all fairly easy lifts. Placed 5th. Tons of lifters and very crowded but good energy. It was the most weight Ive handled in a while but nothing @10. Saw Bryce Lewis there coaching, he's a super nice guy and obviously the strongest dude there just like every time he enters a gym...Every time I do a meet it ends up being very humbling, but also motivating.

https://ibb.co/z2TN7pL

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#192

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:07 am

My next meet.
This will be my 7th
March 18th 2023

2023 USA Powerlifting Maine State Championship
https://liftingcast.com/meets/mnhpjr0z0cnp/results

Masters division will be contested between three lifters by DOTS, and i'll be fighting to not place last

M1a lifter 40 years old
-140 KG class
Put up 762.5kg total for 435.30 DOTS last April

M2b lifter
Put up 465kg total for 291.75 DOTS at his first meet last March as a -100kg class lifter
Dropped to -90kg and added 37.5kg to his total in July.
Now signed up in the 82.5kg class
No idea on his training as he doesn't post to social media.
If he's added a significant amount to his total while getting even lighter, it will be a fight for 2nd place.

Me
M3a
I'm dropping down to -90 kg for this one.
Still aiming for the same target weights,so that should help my DOTS

Another plus to going to -90kg, is i can snag #6 all time for USAPL M3a in the weight class.
Rankings include 93kg lifters who were under 90kg at the time before the new(old) weight classes were (re)adopted
https://www.openpowerlifting.org/rankin ... r/by-total

cole
Registered User
Posts: 2983
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm
Location: Ft Collins, Colorado
Age: 40

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#193

Post by cole » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:16 pm

2/11
Colorado State Championships, Thornton Co

weigh in: 103 kg (226lbs)
div: Masters 1A, 110kg class


Squat - 440 (185f, 190, 200)
Bench - 341 (145, 150, 155)
DL - 501 PR! (205, 215, 227.5)
TOT: 1282 (582.5) ties PR!

--> went 8/9, only missing my very first lift of the day due to depth. Squats finished with 440 (200), which was the right call, pretty slow and probably didnt have the next jump. Bench went smooth, like always and finished with 341 (155), maybe had another jump in me. Then, the highlight of the meet and my best lift yet, the milestone Ive been chasing for a long time....500 DL! Super pumped about the PR and it went fast. I think I had another 15 pounds in me. I have only been getting 6 working reps per week of DL for the past 2 months and it seems to be working for me. Past programs have called for much more DL volume and have not been as effective. All in all it was an excellent meet for me, and I tied my all time meet total so I can say im as strong as Ive ever been. It was different being in the Masters division and definelty not near as competitive, but there were around 130 lifters and it was a good showing for USAPL

Next up, Elevate meet in FTC next month. I am going to continue with the TM for PL, so more singles to come next fridays intensity day.


User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#194

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:17 am

cole wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:16 pm 2/11
Colorado State Championships, Thornton Co

weigh in: 103 kg (226lbs)
div: Masters 1A, 110kg class


Squat - 440 (185f, 190, 200)
Bench - 341 (145, 150, 155)
DL - 501 PR! (205, 215, 227.5)
TOT: 1282 (582.5) ties PR!

--> went 8/9, only missing my very first lift of the day due to depth. Squats finished with 440 (200), which was the right call, pretty slow and probably didnt have the next jump. Bench went smooth, like always and finished with 341 (155), maybe had another jump in me. Then, the highlight of the meet and my best lift yet, the milestone Ive been chasing for a long time....500 DL! Super pumped about the PR and it went fast. I think I had another 15 pounds in me. I have only been getting 6 working reps per week of DL for the past 2 months and it seems to be working for me. Past programs have called for much more DL volume and have not been as effective. All in all it was an excellent meet for me, and I tied my all time meet total so I can say im as strong as Ive ever been. It was different being in the Masters division and definelty not near as competitive, but there were around 130 lifters and it was a good showing for USAPL

Next up, Elevate meet in FTC next month. I am going to continue with the TM for PL, so more singles to come next fridays intensity day.

Great work.
Congratulations. \o/

User avatar
Skid
Registered User
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 am
Location: Paradise Valley
Age: 60

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#195

Post by Skid » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:46 am

Awesome job Cole! Definitely more in the tank with that DL. It moved fast!

User avatar
Hardartery
Registered User
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Location: Fat City

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#196

Post by Hardartery » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:20 am

cole wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:16 pm 2/11
Colorado State Championships, Thornton Co

weigh in: 103 kg (226lbs)
div: Masters 1A, 110kg class


Squat - 440 (185f, 190, 200)
Bench - 341 (145, 150, 155)
DL - 501 PR! (205, 215, 227.5)
TOT: 1282 (582.5) ties PR!

--> went 8/9, only missing my very first lift of the day due to depth. Squats finished with 440 (200), which was the right call, pretty slow and probably didnt have the next jump. Bench went smooth, like always and finished with 341 (155), maybe had another jump in me. Then, the highlight of the meet and my best lift yet, the milestone Ive been chasing for a long time....500 DL! Super pumped about the PR and it went fast. I think I had another 15 pounds in me. I have only been getting 6 working reps per week of DL for the past 2 months and it seems to be working for me. Past programs have called for much more DL volume and have not been as effective. All in all it was an excellent meet for me, and I tied my all time meet total so I can say im as strong as Ive ever been. It was different being in the Masters division and definelty not near as competitive, but there were around 130 lifters and it was a good showing for USAPL

Next up, Elevate meet in FTC next month. I am going to continue with the TM for PL, so more singles to come next fridays intensity day.
Nice. Smooth pull.

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3212
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#197

Post by alek » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:49 am

Great job, @cole!!

User avatar
Skid
Registered User
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 am
Location: Paradise Valley
Age: 60

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#198

Post by Skid » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:01 pm

IPF Canadian National meet results:

This was quite a fast moving meet. Barely had time to warm up before having to lift. No way of changing openers since I hadn't even finished warming up and not knowing how my heaviest warm ups would go. 550 lifters over the full week, 2 platforms going at all times. Gino the pirate announcing the results. No warning as to when you were due up meaning you had to carefully watch the board. Although I had a successful meet there were 2 mistakes made on my part.

IPF Masters 3 (60 years and up 105kg/231lb weight class)
Squat:
Opener - 210kg/462lb - was a little shaky but it went well. However, I couldn't tell if I got white lighted since I couldn't see the lights. I asked the ref if it was a good lift and he didn't respond. Looked around again to find the lights but they had gone out. By the time I figured things out I missed the 1 minute timeline for putting in my next lift numbers. Also, had my wife as my handler which really complicated things. She's partly deaf and has a hard time hearing things, especially with lots of back ground noise.
2nd lift - 212.5kg/467 lbs - if you don't submit your lift in time they raise the lift by 2.5kg so that's what I did.
3rd lift - 220kg/485lbs - 5kg meet PR! This was going to be my second attempt originally, but was my third here. Good lift - had maybe another 5kg in me I think. Had to really bury the squats as judging was tough.

Bench
Opener - 150kg/330 lbs - Went well
2nd - 155kg/342lbs - Went well but got red lighted; They say I didn't wait for a command, but thought I obeyed all commands. It was very noisy though.
3rd - 157.5kg/347 - red lighted - This is a weight I can usually make and more, but it didn't go today. Damn

Deadlift
Opener - 225kg/495 lbs - went well
2nd - 235kg/517lbs - again, went pretty good
3rd - 245kg/539lbs - fail - Couldn't get past my knees - Still happy with the deadlifts since my back has been a bit messed up lately.

Total - 605kg/1331lbs - Established a new National M3 105 total record, beating the old record by 20kg. Another lifter was 10kg behind me. Total of 4 lifters in my age/weight class for this event. No records in any individual lifts, just the total. As far as the International powerlifting federation (IPF) goes, number 3 all time in the world according to open powerlifting rankings! Happy with that! The two guys on the podium with me today were 7th and 8th in the world all time (previously) according to open powerlifting rankings, so I had those guys pushing me all the way.

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9738
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#199

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

Congratulations @Skid
great work.

**

Got my first ever 350+ DOTS score yesterday, which was one of my stated goals for this meet.
As well as placing 2nd in Masters, which was another goal.
First place was out of reach with the 40 year old M1 putting up 430 something DOTS.
Did not increase my total which was my other stated goal, but i'm not upset at all by that.
Bench for sure took a hit with the weight cut.
Third attemp was depressingly close to going up, but honestly my plan was based on making my 2nd.
Called for 220kg for my 3rd deadlift, and that was the right decision.
Cut for three months after signing up November 7th, then 6 weeks maintenance.
Time to get stronger in the -90kg class
192.5kg meet best squat and 5kg under my best total while weighing in 6.4kg lighter than that meet.
84.7 kg at weigh in yesterday
Placed dead center of the Men's overall field as an M3 in the strongest ever roster for a USAPL Maine meet.
It was a good day.

28 men's lifters registered totals

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8608
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Powerlifting Meets/Results

#200

Post by mgil » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:23 am

Congratulations @Wilhelm!

Post Reply