Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

mouse

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

Post by mouse » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:14 am

Oh to have some disposable income so I could upgrade to a PALs belt... hopefully they'll be in stock a little later on this year...

Knee sleeve protos are in I saw...

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:23 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:13 pm
Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:52 am In case anyone is interested, the stock lever belts with pal2 are out. Large and xtra large so far.

Ive ordered mine. Hopefully no issues.
Just don't handle it by twisting the shit out of the end everytime you put it on and off, like i did for two years, and you'll be fine.
Even with all of that, no stitching is loose on my belt.
Now i just do like the last two pictures here.
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:14 am So, revisiting this.

After handling my belt this way for two years, i did notice the layers slipping slightly on the edge just at this point where the torsion was applied over time.
I would also raise it up from this point to an even greater amount of twist each time i would put on and remove the belt over the past two years.
Stitches are not loose.

I've since simply adjusted how i handle the belt.
Problem solved, no need to anticipate warrantying the belt.
I’ll start handling my belt as such. I don’t think it’ll help me though. It’s not a lever and I believe when I fold the tongue into the loop is causing the separation.

Also my pal2 lever is arriving Friday! Looking forward to it.

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:25 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:13 pm
Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:52 am In case anyone is interested, the stock lever belts with pal2 are out. Large and xtra large so far.

Ive ordered mine. Hopefully no issues.
Just don't handle it by twisting the shit out of the end everytime you put it on and off, like i did for two years, and you'll be fine.
Even with all of that, no stitching is loose on my belt.
Now i just do like the last two pictures here.
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:14 am So, revisiting this.

After handling my belt this way for two years, i did notice the layers slipping slightly on the edge just at this point where the torsion was applied over time.
I would also raise it up from this point to an even greater amount of twist each time i would put on and remove the belt over the past two years.
Stitches are not loose.

I've since simply adjusted how i handle the belt.
Problem solved, no need to anticipate warrantying the belt.
I’ll start handling my belt as such. I don’t think it’ll help me though. It’s not a lever and I believe when I fold the tongue into the loop is causing the separation.

Also my pal2 lever is arriving Friday! Looking forward to it.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Yeah, i posted that specifically relative to you getting a lever.
Good luck with it.
I'll be getting v2 for this belt.

FredM

Post by FredM » Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am

The deal was too good…

I was going to Father’s Day gift myself a custom belt but as I watched the new pal v2 stock belt slowly dwindle to 3 left in stock this weekend when it’s only $135… I pulled the trigger.

I couldn’t keep using my 4mm Amazon belt when my squats are finally coming back after my back injury recovery. My stock Pioneer 13mm is a medium and even though I had 4 holes left, it doesn’t actually touch my stomach when tightened cause it’s so thick and im so small now. I would have preferred a dark brown single suede with a gold lever but they don’t make the pal v2 in gold. Also I figured the extra lack of stiffness would help with my skinny sh** frame.

It was kinda sad looking at their discount smalls and realizing they were all customized for women…

Hopefully the stock looks as cool in person as the picture. Still can’t believe they’re selling it for so cheap. Also snagged a wallet.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon May 16, 2022 12:26 pm

FredM wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am The deal was too good…

I was going to Father’s Day gift myself a custom belt but as I watched the new pal v2 stock belt slowly dwindle to 3 left in stock this weekend when it’s only $135… I pulled the trigger.

I couldn’t keep using my 4mm Amazon belt when my squats are finally coming back after my back injury recovery. My stock Pioneer 13mm is a medium and even though I had 4 holes left, it doesn’t actually touch my stomach when tightened cause it’s so thick and im so small now. I would have preferred a dark brown single suede with a gold lever but they don’t make the pal v2 in gold. Also I figured the extra lack of stiffness would help with my skinny sh** frame.

It was kinda sad looking at their discount smalls and realizing they were all customized for women…

Hopefully the stock looks as cool in person as the picture. Still can’t believe they’re selling it for so cheap. Also snagged a wallet.
The v2 works great
Very positive feel and seating compared to the v1.
The "foot" they added against the belt on the lever side takes the flex out that seemed to cause some iffy seating when closing.

Super happy with the v2.

FredM

Post by FredM » Mon May 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:26 pm The v2 works great
The "foot" they added against the belt on the lever side takes the flex out that seemed to cause some iffy seating when closing.

Super happy with the v2.
The other benefit of stock is it’s scheduled for Thursday delivery. Friday is heavy squat day. Will report back on how awesome it is and how much of a support sacrifice double suede 10mm is compared to all leather 13mm. Hopeful it will be comfortable enough for pulls too.

FredM

Post by FredM » Fri May 20, 2022 6:42 pm

FredM wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:58 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:26 pm The v2 works great

Super happy with the v2.
The other benefit of stock is it’s scheduled for Thursday delivery. Friday is heavy squat day. Will report back on how awesome it is and how much of a support sacrifice double suede 10mm is compared to all leather 13mm. Hopeful it will be comfortable enough for pulls too.
Not sure how I ever lifted without a lever belt. It's night and day different how tight you can get it and thus how secure you feel. The 10mm double suede honestly feels closer to my 4mm belt than my 13mm (which makes sense because it's 6.5-7mm of leather). Which I think makes it the perfect deadlift belt and more than adequate for where my squat is right now -- but I definitely foresee a thicker (more leather) lever belt in my future. I'll have to figure out how to pay cash for it so my wife doesn't see the bill though.

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:04 am

Just got the 10mm stock belt with PAL2, birthday present, and will give it a run tomorrow (squat day). So far, it looks good and was easy to set up. It is much more flexible/comfortable than my 13mm stock one and should make a good belt for deads. I really like the 13mm leather one for squats but not so much for deads.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:40 pm

Sale time

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:34 am

Allentown wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:40 pmSale time
Goddamnit, @Allentown .

What’s your cell so I can tell my wife who to yell at?

I wasn’t going to check the site cause I don’t need anything. But the freaking released almost the exact belt I wanted for squats that was going to cost $220 custom. V2 pal 13mm untreated with suede inside for $130 cause it’s stock now??

In other news I’m going on a mini cut for 4 weeks to save money look good at the pool.

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pm

Pressed and squatted with the 13 PAL 2 Stock. The website claims it needs to be broken in but it felt great. Obviously not quite as comfortable as the 10mm stock which has literally half as much leather -- but SOOOO much better than the all leather 13mm Pioneer cut I have. I also really love the way it looks (silver on untreated looks sick).

I honestly might sell the 10mm PAL V2. Will have to see how the 13mm feels on deadlifts - but I don't deadlift anywhere near enough anymore to justify having a dedicated $130 belt...

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:37 pm

FredM wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:14 pm Pressed and squatted with the 13 PAL 2 Stock. The website claims it needs to be broken in but it felt great. Obviously not quite as comfortable as the 10mm stock which has literally half as much leather -- but SOOOO much better than the all leather 13mm Pioneer cut I have. I also really love the way it looks (silver on untreated looks sick).

I honestly might sell the 10mm PAL V2. Will have to see how the 13mm feels on deadlifts - but I don't deadlift anywhere near enough anymore to justify having a dedicated $130 belt...
Fwiw, i found my 13mm stock belt more comfortable for deadlifts than my 10mm Titan Longhorn single prong.
It stays in place where the Titan really liked to move around when i'd get into the start position.
I've got the PAL v2 now, and the Rogue Pioneer 13mm which i think is the same as the stock.
Suede inner.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:25 pm

Just received my heavy duty cotton Pioneer straps.
Pretty bulky.
So grippy too that i can't use the motorcycle throttle method to tighten up the off hand.
But i find i can keep a loose grip w/ my right hand, and spin the bar forward with the tightend up left, then grip with the right and "wind" the strap tight to the right hand by bringing the bar back into position with the left
Just spinning the bar under the strap rather than trying to spin the strap over the knurl.
First chance to use them heavy is tomorrow.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:20 am

Wilhelm wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:25 pm Just spinning the bar under the strap rather than trying to spin the strap over the knurl.
First chance to use them heavy is tomorrow.
I'll be honest, that is how I have been using the leather straps, and it is super easy. So easy it made me confused how people have problems tightening the straps. It was one of those "am I wrong, or is everyone else doing it so differently that everyone else is wrong?" moments.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:27 pm

A7 is selling PAL equipped IPF approved Pioneer belts now.
With the usual steep markup.
$275 US

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:50 am

Anyone here try the new Pioneer knee sleeves yet?

@TwoFoursStrohm
Any feedback on these yet?

TwoFoursStrohm

Post by TwoFoursStrohm » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:40 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:50 am Anyone here try the new Pioneer knee sleeves yet?

@TwoFoursStrohm
Sorry for the delay. I have not tried them. I think Brandon Campbell did and may have put up a brief IG or YouTube about them. I can't wait to try them.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:25 am

TwoFoursStrohm wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:40 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:50 am Anyone here try the new Pioneer knee sleeves yet?

@TwoFoursStrohm
Sorry for the delay. I have not tried them. I think Brandon Campbell did and may have put up a brief IG or YouTube about them. I can't wait to try them.

Thanks!

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:30 am