Average 2 Savage 2

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

janoycresva

Re: Average 2 Savage 2

Post by janoycresva » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:01 pm

think I'm gonna give this another shot with one of the RTF versions (since I absolutely cannot be trusted with RPE), this time with variable/autoregulated intersession rest since that's been working pretty well for me, and skipping the last 7-week intensification block

also fuck push presses for the auxiliary OHP slot, i'll incline bench instead for 4x bench slots

xuerebx

Post by xuerebx » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:11 am

I'm about to run SBS hypertrophy 4x again, decided to swap BB OHP with incline bench. I asked on the A2S subreddit for some comments and was told I'm missing some muscle groups with no further explanation, so thought I'd ask here.

I'm not sure what muscle groups I'm missing? (barring calves and abs, the latter which I don't program but just do ad hoc)

I *am* trying to focus more on upper body this time, so there's that bias. Days 1 and 4 I can commit to a slightly longer session hence why there's slightly more volume.

James

Post by James » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:35 am

If you're just talking overhead to incline press. Overhead hits the side delts, traps and some other smaller stabilizing muscles a little. You'd have to check like exrx for which ones exactly. But you have DB ohp in there so not sure if that matters.

dw

Post by dw » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 am

I think if you can't figure out which muscles you're neglecting it probably doesn't matter for your purposes.

And every program, even bodybuilding programs, neglects something. For example hip flexors, which are both large and functionally important for athletics, are not normally worked by PLers and even bodybuilders AFAIK.

xuerebx

Post by xuerebx » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:11 pm

Thanks guys, I thought so since I still have DB OHP instead of BB OHP. It's the reverse Nordics I'm not sure or now since at one point it will be difficult to overload them (never done them before), but I really hate single leg movements so I don't have much options (no leg press at home). I might end up adding an auxiliary isolation movement instead of a main compound leg lift eventually.