Exodus Strength Episode IV - A New Hope

Make requests and get help.

Moderator: Manveer

slowmotion

Re: Exodus Strength Episode IV - A New Hope

Post by slowmotion » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 am

I have a question. Why do I have to log in again every time I go to the Exodus website? Before I was always logged in, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Now if I close the window and open it again I am logged out. No big deal, I'm just curious.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:51 am

slowmotion wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 am I have a question. Why do I have to log in again every time I go to the Exodus website? Before I was always logged in, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Now if I close the window and open it again I am logged out. No big deal, I'm just curious.
I'm getting that too.
Cleared cookies to be able to login, and have "remember me" selected.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:14 am

Wilhelm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:51 am
slowmotion wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:38 am I have a question. Why do I have to log in again every time I go to the Exodus website? Before I was always logged in, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Now if I close the window and open it again I am logged out. No big deal, I'm just curious.
I'm getting that too.
Selecting "remember me" doesn't seem to work for me either. It might be something about where the cookie domain is, like @BenM mentioned?

BenM

Post by BenM » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:43 pm

Good question. Just make sure when you close and reopen the window that you aren't using the .co from your history.

I just closed and reopened on my phone and stayed logged in OK. But I can have a bit more of a look later today.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm

I tried clearing cookies and so on and it goes to .co automatically even tho I write in .com. The force is just to strong, it seems. I could try another browser of course, but I'd rather not. Tomorrow is another day.

BenM

Post by BenM » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:04 pm

Yeah, that's what my phone was doing last night. I _think_ it's sorted itself out now so it was just something cached somewhere.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:53 pm

The site is being blocked for me, apparently because it’s “not secure”. It’s my home network/router so I assume there’s a way for me to whitelist it, but I’m guessing other people are going to have the same issue. Right now I’m on my phone and it works if I use my cellular data but not when connected to my home wifi. I think an SSL certificate needs to be installed, right?

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:24 pm

TimK wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:53 pm The site is being blocked for me, apparently because it’s “not secure”. It’s my home network/router so I assume there’s a way for me to whitelist it, but I’m guessing other people are going to have the same issue. Right now I’m on my phone and it works if I use my cellular data but not when connected to my home wifi. I think an SSL certificate needs to be installed, right?
That's weird. There's a valid SSL certificate installed for both exodus-strength.com and exodus-strength.co and I'm not having any issues accessing either from my phone or multiple computers.

Do you run a proxy server on your router at home that might be caching the old certificate or something? Or perhaps your ISP has it cached at their end. If so, then it should sort itself out once the cache expires, but no idea how long that'd be, and it's out of my control unfortunately. That would be my guess....

dw

Post by dw » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:35 pm

I'm getting that too.

Dumb question, how can I clear cookies for just this site in Chrome?

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:27 pm

dw wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:35 pm
I'm getting that too.

Dumb question, how can I clear cookies for just this site in Chrome?
Menu up the top right hand side of Chrome -> Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Site Settings -> Cookies and other site data

Scroll down to 'See all site data and permissions' - click that, it'll bring up a list. Then you can use the search box to find the domains you want to clear and hit the rubbish bin icon to delete them specifically.

OR - since you're logged into the forum - theoretically you can also just click the button down the bottom right hand side of the forum that says Delete Cookies :)

The problem with having two domains active for the site is that if you set a cookie using exodus-strength.com, you won't remain logged in if you visit exodus-strength.co and vice versa. The cookie only works for the domain that set it.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:35 pm

slowmotion wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm I tried clearing cookies and so on and it goes to .co automatically even tho I write in .com. The force is just to strong, it seems. I could try another browser of course, but I'd rather not. Tomorrow is another day.
Everything seems to work fine here now, using the .com site. Thanks, @BenM !

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:42 pm

slowmotion wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:35 pm
slowmotion wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:08 pm I tried clearing cookies and so on and it goes to .co automatically even tho I write in .com. The force is just to strong, it seems. I could try another browser of course, but I'd rather not. Tomorrow is another day.
Excellent! Thanks for confirming. Must've just been some caching that needed to clear over time.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:16 am

BenM wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:42 pm
slowmotion wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:35 pm
Excellent! Thanks for confirming. Must've just been some caching that needed to clear over time.
Same here. Thanks, Ben.

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:29 pm

No problem at all - I didn't change anything! Just a teething issue from the sounds of it.

Hopefully things go OK from here. Haven't had any complaints from the web host (yet) and on my end at least, the forum seems quite speedy.

brkriete

Post by brkriete » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:56 am

BenM wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:29 pm No problem at all - I didn't change anything! Just a teething issue from the sounds of it.

Hopefully things go OK from here. Haven't had any complaints from the web host (yet) and on my end at least, the forum seems quite speedy.
I haven't been on a ton but everything seems fine from the US.

BenM

Post by BenM » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:10 pm

Thanks. I'm sure people will let me know if it isn't :)