RIP Bud Jeffries

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

RIP Bud Jeffries

Post by mgil » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:22 pm

Per his wife posting on Instagram, Bud Jeffries has passed away.

Loved his attitude towards training and just living life. Both of us are from the same area and I interacted with him several times online. A great guy from what I could tell.

His wife has lost her husband and son in the last few years. Sending good vibes her way.

omaniphil

Re: RIP Bud Jeffries

Post by omaniphil » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:05 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:22 pm Per his wife posting on Instagram, Bud Jeffries has passed away.

Loved his attitude towards training and just living life. Both of us are from the same area and I interacted with him several times online. A great guy from what I could tell.

His wife has lost her husband and son in the last few years. Sending good vibes her way.
Oh no. Bud had one of the nicest online personas. I think that tells you a lot about how they are in real life as well.

oldguy

Post by oldguy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:13 pm

Wtf- I just saw him post a couple days ago carrying a refrigerator on his back and doing one arm rows with 300 lb db/kB combo.

He seemed like a fucking great guy. I’d be stunned if he was anything but a really nice gentleman.

His wife has to be devastated- they lost their son a couple years ago I think.

hector

Post by hector » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:17 pm

He was a fascinating guy. World is less interesting for his absence.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:06 am

How sad; rest in peace.

ObiWanJabroni

Post by ObiWanJabroni » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Man what a bummer. Reading Twisted Conditioning was an eye opener. It was the first time I read something training related that said it's OK to do all that stuff: barbell, strongman & body weight and have fun training. RIP Big Man

I liked this forward Pavel did for his book "I Will Be Iron"

"Mixed Training Produces Mixed Results"

The famous physiologist refers to one’s inability to go beyond mediocrity if strength and endurance are pursued with equal zeal. I never questioned this axiom as I had met many who had tried to prove it wrong. They all ended up average and hurt.

Then I met Bud Jeffries.

Bud defies the laws of physiology. His body could have been custom made for strength, forged from the same mold as Louis Cyr and Paul Anderson. Jeffries’ 1,000-pound squat starting from the bottom of a power rack is a strength feat legends are made of.

Respect but no surprises so far.

Then I watch this mountain of muscle drop into an effortless full side split, relaxed as a little gymnast girl. I have been fortunate to meet very strong men and very flexible ones—but they were never the same. Until Bud.

But it is Jeffries’ endurance that is on par with bumblebee’s flight—”it is against the natural laws!” He has swung a 53-pound kettlebell for almost an hour non-stop. He has done 1,000 sprawls. He pounded—not tapped—the heavy bag for one full hour. In other words, he performed
feats of conditioning which would stop any 150-pound MMA stud in his tracks.

How does a man built like T-rex beat velociraptors in their own game?—I have no idea. But I listen and I learn. Bud Jeffries reminds me of another great strongman, Paul Anderson. The latter’s training had anticipated scientific developments decades ahead of his time. He was extremely
smart and he refused to allow scientists’ limitations become his own.

Ladies and gentleman, I am proud to present Bud Jeffries, the man who never compromises
between strength and conditioning.

Pavel

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm

...(deleted post, moved to covid thread)
Last edited by mbasic on Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:51 am

deleted since mbasic deleted his post
Last edited by omaniphil on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

oldguy

Post by oldguy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 am

mbasic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I guess he had a bad run in with Covid just recently...in December. Hospital stay and everything. Sounds like his heart exploded from the various IG posts.

I wonder if he was vaxxxed?. I'm guessing not, due to his bad outcome (the hospital stay)....and...errrr...ummm... making some inferences here from his mountain man hilly billy personality.....yeah, probably didn't partake the Gates-elixir of 5G. (and if I got that wrong, the vax didn't work so well).

He was pretty obese. I can only imagine what he ate, etc. I don't care about the "all the muscle" thing.

Sorry to shit talk in the guy's RIP thread, but this stuff is everyone's face now. Deal with it.
A lot of times I have opinions on matters and keep them to myself.

cgeorgiev

Post by cgeorgiev » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 am

mbasic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I guess he had a bad run in with Covid just recently...in December. Hospital stay and everything. Sounds like his heart exploded from the various IG posts.

I wonder if he was vaxxxed?. I'm guessing not, due to his bad outcome (the hospital stay)....and...errrr...ummm... making some inferences here from his mountain man hilly billy personality.....yeah, probably didn't partake the Gates-elixir of 5G. (and if I got that wrong, the vax didn't work so well).

He was pretty obese. I can only imagine what he ate, etc. I don't care about the "all the muscle" thing.

Sorry to shit talk in the guy's RIP thread, but this stuff is everyone's face now. Deal with it.
Go back to reddit.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Last edited by mbasic on Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.