Ab straps, looking for a recommendation

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

TimGarvey

Ab straps, looking for a recommendation

Post by TimGarvey » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Amazon has a variety of straps for $15-$50. Spud Inc. has a produce but every product they produce seems to be priced about double what I think it should cost and their straps are $90. Some of the inexpensive models have reviews showing the nylon webbing failing, which is unacceptable.

murphyreedus

Re: Ab straps, looking for a recommendation

Post by murphyreedus » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Not sure if they are still available or still made the same way, but I got some Perfect Pullup ab straps with the first power rack/weight set I ever purchased. They're the only things I still have from that purchase and they've held up fine for the dead hangs and L-sits I rotate in.

And I'll drop the Wise Words of Rippetoe and just tell you to use two lifting belts.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Spud Inc is pretty universally worth the money. I've got various items they make and haven't regretted paying for a single one.

220Eric

Post by 220Eric » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Valeo made my favorite but I think they went out of business. I got some off Amazon from gymfoward that looked like the Valeos. They were similar but they had vinyl under the arms that was uncomfortable and stuck to my skin