Who's Fasting

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

mbasic

Re: Who's Fasting

Post by mbasic » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am

mbasic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:10 am I'm trying I.F. again.
This time the wife brought it up; she wants to try it so I said I'd do it along side of her.
We are trying the 16 hr fast / 8 hr eat every day scheme.

The first time I think I only last two weeks or so....not long enough to see benefits I guess.

I remember the first time I tried, she got pissed because I wouldn't eat a late dinner.
I mean, I would either sit down with the family and/or go out with them to eat ....
...but I wake up super early for my construction job, so eating a 4-5 pm and then eating again at 9-10 am is ideal.
Eating at 8 pm, then waking at 3:45am and trying to go to noon really fucking sucks...you're awake for a majority of the fast.

Anyway, I'll report back in and see how it goes.
I'm about day 4 or 5 right now.
This is going OK. I've lost 16 or 17 pounds. About 1 pound a week I think.

IMO .... The Fasting should really be paired with a Keto or quasi-Keto diet....at least at first.
Maybe the exception here is if you are NOT a total fucking mess (like me) to start off with.
Then you can transition to low carb + I.F.
At first I was just doing I.F. and kinda counting macros/calories .... now I'm more keto (fake-keto).

Keto is the way IMO.
Carbs, for the most part, are bad.
Insulin is bad (as in, constant continual insulin spikes with 3x a day typical American diet is very bad).
High blood sugar is bad. Bad Bad Bad.

About once a week or two I try to do a 24 hr fast .... would like to explore the autophagic benefits of fasting (want to work up to a couple of days).
Most days I go 18:6 .... rarely 16:8 .... occasionally 20:4.
Most days eat twice. Every now and then 3x.

I would really like to loose about 10-15 more pounds.....I know I'm going to jinx myself .... I think I can do it.

alek

Re: Who's Fasting

Post by alek » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:01 pm

It's Friday!!