USAW stuff

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mbasic

USAW stuff

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 am

STARTING THIS THREAD FOR ALL THINGS U.S.A.W.
but we can start with this ....

--------------------------

It will be interesting to see what comes of this ..... Such scandal; So juicy

Today I had mediation with USA Weightlifting to resolve our issues but it was unsuccessful and I feel like they don't care anything about the lives of Black people!

I will be at the National Championship this year to protest outside of the facility on December 4 in Atlanta, Georgia. I am asking all friends, supporters, and weightlifters to join me and not compete.

Also I ask everyone to not renew their USAW memberships and make them feel it financially.
I will now be pursuing my remedies through the court system with the ultimate goal of becoming an Olympian next year in Tokyo!
The best comment on the reddit thread regarding this was:
"He’s so full of shit lmao the USAW insta posted the black square on June 2nd what more do you want"

Somewhere else (facebook) he mentions 4 black athletes have file complaints about racial-something-or-another with USAW .... and particularly is pointing the finger at Phil Andrews (usaw pres) IIRC. He's friends with Kendrick. The two Barnes bothers would be the two others.
I wonder if it were Jenny Arthur, Clarence, Shieka, etc....?

Its really weird, because he doesn't gives any specific reasons or examples of the 'racism'.
In that post, he mentions about him going to Tokoyo 2021....but he has absolutely zero Robi-points, and has gone to no qualifying meets.
The whole Olympic qualification process has been pretty much taken out of Phil's hands more or less.

He is a horrible lifter of late. Has bombed out a couple time lately.
Hasn't made weight for a meet or two. Opens way too high.
His last 3 international/IWF meets he went 2/6, 2/6, 1/6. (these were long ago)
Interesting too that he claims he helped the McClaren report with their recent investigation of Ajan and the IWF.

Dude is a kook. His USAW bio page:
Most people don’t know that…. I was the youngest head coach of an International competition for USA Weightlifting, or that I was the first African American to be named as a head coach on an International trip for USA Weightlifting. Most people don't know that I am the only coach from the United States to have three members on the 2011 Senior World that are from 3 different countries. Or that I have trained MMA fighters in Olympic lifting that have gone on to win fights in the UFC , StrikeForce, and other promotions.
....normally something like "I have six toes on one foot" or " I grew up on an apple farm"

dw

Re: USAW stuff

Post by dw » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:19 am

I have no idea about the underlying issue but taking it to Twitter in that matter is basically extortion. That's a PR battle they can only lose regardless of what the facts are.