Is Myprotein a scam?

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Oldandfat

Re: Is Myprotein a scam?

Post by Oldandfat » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:44 am

I,used,to buy their protein, and “total oats and whey”.

Good products, but their customer,service is the shits, and product is often back ordered. Total Oats and whey has been out of stock for over a year now.

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:36 pm The concentrate looks, smells, and behaves, exactly the same as the bulk stuff i've gotten in 20 kilo manufacturer's bags straight from the plant. (via a reseller)
A I buy 10-15 kg of unflavored Impact Whey at a time at around $4.5/lb. Is it worthwhile to buy the 20 kg manufacturer bags from resellers? What's their price per pound, on average? Google's not really coming up with any useful results.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 am

Laughter95 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 am
Wilhelm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:36 pm The concentrate looks, smells, and behaves, exactly the same as the bulk stuff i've gotten in 20 kilo manufacturer's bags straight from the plant. (via a reseller)
A I buy 10-15 kg of unflavored Impact Whey at a time at around $4.5/lb. Is it worthwhile to buy the 20 kg manufacturer bags from resellers? What's their price per pound, on average? Google's not really coming up with any useful results.
I used to get those bags from Bulk Supplements, but their price went up.
Used to get a 20kg bag of iso for under $300. Sometimes well under. Like as low as $250 sometimes. I had also paid $290, and as high as $300 one time. This for iso.
It's been $345 for probably 6 months now, so i switched to MyProtein and using coupons.
I also switched to concentrate, but not for price at first.
I wanted more calories for bulking, and when i'm cutting, it's easy for me to adjust other things.
Getting calories is way harder for me than losing them.

I did do the math once though, and iirc, it actually came out a marginally better price for gram of actual protein with the concentrate.

I only brought up those 20kg bags to illustrate that what we get in these fancy bags from different vendors, is really all the same basic product.
Especially when it's unflavored.

You can pay more, and get grass fed, but it's the same deal.
I know for sure Glanbia does grass fed, but i'm not sure which other manufacturers do.

Idlehands
Sunshine + Unicorns

Post by Idlehands » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:43 am

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:36 pm So how does this work?

This huge, successful company, that has expanded from the UK to America, risks its own demise by "cutting" the whey with some other substance, and expects that no one will ever find out.

There is no rationale here.
They are easily making money repackaging this dairy waste product already.
It's not like it's cocaine.

The concentrate looks, smells, and behaves, exactly the same as the bulk stuff i've gotten in 20 kilo manufacturer's bags straight from the plant. (via a reseller)

**Oh yeah, then they have to ensure none of their workers ever breathes a word of this nefarious scheme.
I moved from Now to Myprotein and haven't looked back. I used to love Now Whey but had to move on when I had 3 bags of it that smelled terrible.Like never had that with whey before and I had NOW for YEARS. I think I ended up throwing it it out. I dabbled with True and then landed on Myprotein based on cost and the labdoor stuff.