Grind your own oats?

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Oldandfat

Grind your own oats?

Post by Oldandfat » Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 pm

I used to drink my protein “total oats and whey” every morning.

If I train in the morning I need to eat before hand, but I have a hard time eating real food when I first wake up.

Total oats and whey was perfect. It tasted ok, and went down easy. Problem is they haven’t stocked this product for a long time.

Ingredients are basically oats and whey, lol so I figured why not grind my own oats and mix it in with some water and protein powder.

Other than possibly not tasting great is there something my protein does that I should be doing?

I mean it’s friggin oatmeal ground up in a coffee grinder added to protein powder.

Is there any other meal replacement powder I can try? Not a weight gainer that has more carbs than protein (ya I could add protein powder to the weight gainer to,balance it out)
But keep in mind I’m pretty lazy and prefer to,scoop and drink. Total oats and whey was almost 50/50 carbs/protein when mixed with milk.

James

Re: Grind your own oats?

Post by James » Thu May 28, 2020 4:56 am

I just use sugar and whey. RP template I'm using says 40g of protein and 50g of "workout carbs"

The night before I make a press full of coffee. Pour it in a shaker cup with a pinch of salt and 50g of sugar and throw it in the fridge. In the morning about 15 minutes before I start lifting I put 50g of whey in it and drink about 2/3 of it. About 45-60 mins in I drink the rest.

Most people skip the coffee and just use gatorade powder or fruit juice. Orange gatorade powder and vanilla whey tastes like a creamsicle.

BigE

Post by BigE » Thu May 28, 2020 5:23 am

You can just buy ground oat powder, and avoid the joys of working in a mill.

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Thu May 28, 2020 5:53 am

Thanks for the tips. On my way to buy ground oats

5hout

Post by 5hout » Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am

Food processor also makes makes a pretty ok oat powder. I use it a thickener for taco meat on occasion.